Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #76  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

way to go!! that's alot of working out!!

i went this morning and did my usual routine of a few weights and then my running

there was 73 (yes, 73) students at my work today....kept me pretty darn busy!!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #77  
is a persistent thistle

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/133

Height: 5'6"

My lifting went really well tonight. I added 5 more pounds to both my barbell bent over rows and incline bench presses which made me pretty happy. I still adore the single-leg Romanian deadlifts! It's very much my favorite exercise in 3A and I wish they were scheduled for 3B as well. Maybe I'll add them in just for kicks. My hamstrings are positively singing! I did a lot of stretching after so hopefully they aren't too terribly sore tomorrow. And I made it through the bodyweight matrix (minus the lunge jumps as I think my knees would get very, very angry) twice at 2:10 the first time and 2:17 the second. That's so much better than the first time I tried it!

I'm a little low on calories for a workout day but I'm feeling quite satisfied so I'm not going to worry about it.

Last edited by Thistleberry; 08-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Thistleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #78  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i'll share a story with you...copied from a response to another thread about walking at midnight...

i live on the alaskan coast and bears are all over here, especially this time of year when the salmon and berries are out...even though i live in a suburban area, bears wander down the streets all the time...they arent scared of people and just become pests...big black 400-pound pests ugh

one time our niece came home at night and didnt shut the door all the way...a black bear followed her into the house and started getting into our garbage INSIDE...my husband came out and pointed a gun at it and told it to get out...it went as far as the front door, then turned around and charged him in the living room...he shot it between the eyes but it ran out the front door and no one ever found it...months later at the glacier a friend took a photo of a giant black bear, 500 pounds or more, with a healed bullet wound right between the eyes
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #79  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Red face

alaskanlaughter- all I can say is "whoa!" I mean, we have bears here too but not in our houses, lol. Mostly in more rural areas. I woulda wet my pants for sure.
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #80  
Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post

I'm so proud of you!!
Thanks! hugs
Old 08-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #81  
Trying to survive.

S/C/G: 345/284/140

@ChubbyGirl253 - Yay! Good for you! ^_^

As for me, I totally crashed last night right before I got to go on my walk. (Stupid sleep apnea..) I don't even remember what I was doing last.. I just remember waking up with my dogs in my face to go out. So I only swam again yesterday. About to hit the pool again and go swimming again for about 2 hours. My weigh-in day is Monday.... Hopefully I went down.. I hope to hit the 200s with this weigh-in.... Oh god, that will be amazing.
Wolfshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #82  
Laura

Thumbs up

Wolfshadow- I'm like you, I LOVE water exercises. I take water aerobics at the YMCA 5 days a week. I'm not working at the moment either and I qualified for 50% off financial aide. Just take in your award letter for your foodstamps and your unemployment check stub and paperwork for any other income or assistance you get. They will have you fill out a short application and tell you what you qualify for and how much it costs. The whole process only took 10-15 mins. It is so worth it! I get to take water aerobics, Zumba, yoga, Pi-Yo (pilates/yoga) and they have a program called ActivTrax where they can sign you up for free personalized strength training. And all those classes are FREE with your membership! There are all kinds of classes so you can pick what you are interested in plus use the machines like treadmill, elliptical, stationary bikes, etc. Everyone is so nice and there is all ages and physical abilities there so I don't feel Winnie the Pooh working out amongst a gym full of Kens and Barbies. I just wanted to take the time to tell you that in the month since I joined I went from low activity level to working out 3 hours a day and loving it! Give it a shot.
Laura
Old 08-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #83  
Laura

Thumbs up

You know what? Its so funny how once I really committed to exercising my original goal I set was 90 mins/ 5 days a wk. But that goal took on a mind of its own until it was 2-3 hrs a day. And now, I try to get at least 1 hr or 90 mins on my only rest day, and I'm striving for 3 hrs the other 6 days. Today I have done 2 hrs 45 mins of cardio and I just really feel like I need to push on and do that last 15 mins. I didn't actively set that as my standard but the last few days I haven't felt like my work is done for the day until I reach it. I keep subconciously raising that bar for myself. And knowing how much I used to HATE exercise, I have decided that's the real accomplishment.

Today so far:
1 hr water aerobics
45 mins yoga
35 mins spinning
25 minutes c-to-5k training (8 mins jogging/17 mins walking in intervals)

*I have an after dinner walk scheduled to get in that last 15 mins or more.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #84  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

I am absolutely astounded at your dedication!! BTW = [U]girl253[U] its awesome to have you on MyFitnessPal - you have the gift of encouragement!

Today is a rest day for me. I have normally had Friday as a rest day - but we go and buy groceries for 9 people for a week...so between the planning, the hauling and taking anywhere from 2-4 kids with us, putting it all away, then serving dinner - if Friday *really* a rest day??

Tomorrow morning looks absolutely LOVELY for a long run...60* at 7am and a light breeze. We have a freshman football meeting at 10:30am, then a birthday party for one of the daycare sweeties at 2pm...and somewhere in there I need to make a Key Lime Pie for my son for his 14th birthday... And school starts Tuesday - GAH!!!

*deep breath*

Have a Super-d-Duper-d weekend, all!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #85  
is a persistent thistle

Chubbygirl253, I'm ridiculously happy for you and your newfound love for exercise! Your excitement is totally infectious and I'm glad that you're sharing it with us. But I feel I would be remiss if I didn't mention that it does worry me a little that you work out so much on your rest days. That's not really a rest day. A rest day is really important because it gives your body time strengthen and repair itself. You're doing such a wonderful job taking care of yourself in all of these other ways that I'd hate for you to overlook how having a proper rest day is just as good for you as shooting for all your exercise goals.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #86  
Laura

exercise is going great. C2-5k is awesome, finished all the sessions in week 1. Plan to stay at week 1 a little bit longer till I feel ready to progress. Lost 2 lbs when I weighed yesterday. Looking forward to Sun weigh-in now. did 2 hours and 45 mins cardio today and I have a walk scheduled with a friend in a little while. Diet is going good. Weird thing I need to watch though... exercise used to make me hungry, especially water exercises. Not anymore. Since I stepped up my fitness goals my appetite has dropped off. Have to make myself eat sometimes. I haven't even eaten 1000 calories today. Gonna go have some dinner so I keep my energy up. Shoulda eaten earlier but I was grocery shopping.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #87  
Lifelong Alaskan!

finally sitting down for the evening...got up at 5:30 a.m. and worked out, my usual routine...went to work early and worked all day, mostly up to my eyeballs in end-of-summer paperwork...after work i took my younger son and ran a bunch of errands...made dinner...did the budgeting and ran more errands LOL...came home and cleaned up the house...i seem to have alot of energy today so i'm using it to get a head start on the weekend, which also contains a million things to do getting ready for school

i ate well today until tonight...had more pizza than i should have, and then had a snack size mcflurry...it could have been much much worse LOL i feel like i made a good choice in getting the super small treat but i know it still contains a ton of calories...however i dont eat those every day, in fact the last time i ate a mcflurry was probably at least 3 years ago lol...but i enjoyed every last bite, logged it in my food book, and probably wont have another one for a few more years

i can tell TOM is approaching next week because i'm craving chocolate and sugar like crazy ive kept it pretty much under control though
Old 08-11-2012, 06:19 AM   #88  
Trying to survive.

S/C/G: 345/284/140

Ok, time for me to check in again.

Went to the pool... only to find out it was closed for the day! Apparently, if we have thunderstorms at all within the last 24 hours, the high-schoolers the town decides are it's staff for the pool figure they don't need to come to work that day. I'll be contacting the town about this.. it's my tax money going to pay their paystubs, I expect a pool open on a hot muggy day, even if, at the time, it was mostly cloudy. T_T

My mom and I were planning on going to a local theater (like, within a 5 minute walk from her house) to watch Men in Black 3 on Saturday.. since the pool was closed we decided to do it today. Just as we left we ended up spotting a rare sight- a clearwing snowberry hummingbird moth! We both NEVER have seen one before (and my mom was convinced it was a hummingbird for sure).. and then we have a debate on if it was a moth or a butterfly. My mom insisted it was a butterfly, and I told her it was a moth... I of course was right. So that was kinda neato. I recorded it on my phone and put it up on YouTube... and plan on posting it on my mom's wall before bed on FB. XD;;

I left for our walk around 4:15 AM and we got home about 5:40. The usual hour and a half or so to walk it the 2.67 mile route. I'm kinda excited for Sunday, my mom agreed to go walking with me on a 'shorter' route. I picked out a mile-long route around the area that I hope she won't be too upset over... My mom has diabetes now and has a diabetic condition where she's losing the feeling in her feet. Her right foot is already completely numb and now she tells me her left foot is starting to go too. She's getting to the point where she doesn't want to drive because she can't feel the pedals and may not be able to keep gardening, so I've been really on her to do what her doctor has been saying and to start following a lower-carb diet like I do and to move around more like I have.. I hope this Sunday will be the start of a weekly jaunt with my mom. (...at least, while the weather is nice... I doubt she'll go walking around when it's -10 up here in the winter..)

So today sadly I was only able to go on my walk with the pups, no swimming. =\ I did weigh myself at my mom's house (because her scale is more accurate than mine) and I've also gone down 2 pounds since Tuesday!!! I'm really excited. I was 304.6 on Tuesday and today I was 302.6, so that's 2 pounds exactly!! I can't wait to hit twoderland!

@Chubbygirl253 - Yeah, I plan on calling my local Y tomorrow. I found out my pool right down the road closes for the year on the 19th!! (..as if we don't have a short enough swimming season up here!) I need to find a new pool fast. I don't know if I have my award letter anymore.. I still have my actual food stamps card (here in NY it's kinda like an ATM card instead of the traditional stamps) and the pin number paper, and I can print out a copy of my bank statements showing my unemployment payments... I hope that works for them. Otherwise tomorrow I'll be checking around to see if I still have the paper saying I was getting them..

Man, that would be awesome to have a personal weight training program. o_o

@AlaskanLaughter - OMG, that would be so super-scary for me. o_o I love all animals, but things that can kill me need to stay the heck away. o_o Amazing that the bear clearly survived! That guy is one tough cookie!

Alright, welp, time for me to update my ticker with my loss, put my dogs away, and go to bed. TTYT, folks!!
Wolfshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #89  
is a persistent thistle

I walk/jogged my 5k route yesterday and somehow managed to shave 5 minutes off my usual time.

Did NROLFW stage 3 B2 this morning. I love the barbell Romanian deadlift/bent over row combination. Why does it seem my favorite exercises are all Romanian something or other?
I'm glad I did it but it wasn't really the best workout ever. Halfway through my aunt decided it was time for a nice twenty minute chat. I did my warm up again to try to get my heartrate back up but I never did feel like I got in the groove again. Oh well. Company leaves tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #90  
Lifelong Alaskan!

the weekends are my rest days...and by "rest" i mean getting 483 chores and errands done LOLOL!

yesterday i was busy ALL DAY - from taking recycling to the recycle center, teenager to his sports physical, teenager needed a haircut, grocery shopping, paying bills and taking the kids to an evening birthday party - phew!! i was running around all day...so by "rest" i guess i mean "not doing a workout at the gym" lol

NSV!! at the birthday party i ate NOTHING! - no pizza, no chips, no appetizers, no cake, no ice cream, no candies! that's a first EVER for me...i took my supplements and got my usual nonfat mocha beforehand to take with me, sipped my coffee, and declined everything else

and strangely, it seemed like they really wanted me to eat something even though i was very subtle and shrugged off the food...it was weird and interesting to see...i was offered pizza at least three times and always said "eh i'll grab a piece in a bit" but just never did...was offered cake and said "no not right now, thanks!" and just never got any...and then weirdly enough towards the end of the party my BIL tossed me a reese's cup (pinata candy) and said "you know you want one" and i said "yeah looks good, thanks!" and gave it to my son 5 minutes later...then he did it AGAIN! and said the same thing...weirddd

later on last night i did eat some of the candy that came home with my son, not a ton, but i had a little and then left it alone ever since although it's still sitting over there

today i've been doing laundry and taking the kids to get school clothes, etc...one at a time because it's just easier for me to do it all that way