Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #1  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm back *hangs head in shame*

How often do these types of post titles appear on these boards? Well, I'm back. 22 lbs heavier and with yet another mouth to feed (new baby: Girl, 6 weeks old, very very very collicky!!!!). I'm really fat and really tired and really not happy. I need to get back on the wagon stat. So, my neighbor who watches the kids when I shower and have mental breakdowns and who I steal internet from is also going to let me use her treadmill and weights...its pretty much a take take relationship right now...but its helping me out a ton in getting back into the mindset to drop el bees.

I have alterior motives for losing weight too and they are all completely selfish. I used to rock climb and I so want to get back into it. I can't do that until I reduce the size of my rear end so it'll fit in my harness, and lighten the load I have to carry up the walls. I have a 12 year old son who is getting into it and it just sucks watching him climb and not being able to be up there with him.

So anyways. I'm back. Thanks for still being here 3FC and 30somethings
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

You just had a baby!!! YAY!

Look at it this way - if you get on that treadmill for 10 minutes 5 days a week, that's enough. Take what you need, and when your baby is a little older, bake the neighbor some cookies.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #3  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Thanks. But, the cookie word in outlawed in my house, lol! The neighbors would never see a crumb...I'd eat the dough before it was cookies! Hahaha!

I can't wait till I'm not struggling to keep my head above water, new babies are such a pain in the a**! I forgot about all the work in the last 11.5 years or I would have thought twice. The treadmill was on my list of things to do today, but I tried to put baby girl in her snuggli front carry pack and she freaked the heck out. Also, she freaked out every time I tried to put her down today. I keep telling myself one day I'll cry because she doesn't want to snuggle me anymore so I better enjoy being her only contentment while I can. It's practically my mantra these days.

Thanks for the welcome, this sub-group has really slowed down since last year. Maybe its my destiny to perk it up
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Mango! Congrats on the baby! What an accomplishment.

New babies are challenging, and amazing too. I hope you don't mind a suggestion from one mother to another. Sometimes, babies freak out. I would very carefully check to make sure she's not in pain in that Snuggli front pack. Make sure she's safe and comfortable. And then, if everything's okay, I would just put in headphones and let her scream at me while I did the treadmill. (assuming the treadmill is at home -- I wouldn't subject strangers to it =)

I, too, had a baby who seemed to cry a lot. I used to try everything to sooth her, and often just ended up sitting down and crying with her myself. Then, I realized that it's not my job to make everything all better for her 100% of the time. Sometimes, it's okay if she cries, as long as she's safe and comfortable.

And then, she'll have a happier mom because you won't be so frustrated in your goals all of the time.

Just a thought.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/136.5/130

Height: 5"6"

I agree with LaurieDawn!

First off, congratulations!!! I, too, am losing baby weight from my second daughter, who is now 8 months old. And I, too, forgot some things between babies, as my other daughter is 8 years old.

The thing is, this phase will pass very soon!!! You sound extremely overwhelmed and like you may be facing some post-partum depression. Don't be afraid to call your OB/GYN and ask for a light anti-depressant if that's the case. As far as working out, I completely agree that you have to let baby cry. She may not like the snuggli. Why not put her in her stroller and walk around the block? or put her in her swing and let her cry a bit while you pound the treadmill?
You are doing a great job!!!! HUGS!!!!
mrslynah is offline   Reply With Quote