At what weight will/did you start feeling comfortable in photos again?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • One of my impetuses for losing weight was seeing myself in photos. I didn't recognize myself nor did I realize that I'd gotten that big! I'm finally at a weight where I'm comfortable seeing myself in photos again. It happened earlier than I thought so it's somewhat stalled my weight loss even though I have 11 more lbs to go! If you're not at a photo happy point yet, what weight do you think it will happen for you? Please share!

1) Starting Weight: 173
    2) Current Weight: 156
    3) Photo Happy Weight: 156
    4) Goal Weight: 145

Also, how do you keep up your motivation for losing weight when you're "close enough" to your goal?
  • I find it depends on the picture. I was tagged in some pictures yesterday on facebook and was THRILLED to see that I didn't look like a elephant next to my tiny mother. I was expecting to and because I didn't I was happy with the picture lol. Not that I don't look fat, just that I don't look HUGE.
  • I am two inches shorter but was happy at around the same weight.
  • 1) Starting Weight: 220
    2) Current Weight: 148
    3) Photo Happy Weight: 160
    4) Goal Weight: 135

Its crazy now I just wanna be in all the pictures! lol It's almost annoying to my fiance when I keep asking him to take my pic
  • 1) Starting Weight: 197
    2) Current Weight: 181
    3) Photo Happy Weight: 165
    4) Goal Weight: 142

I am so annoyed with seeing photos of myself, right now! My fiance is overweight, too, and neither of us take photos, if we can help it. Photo awkwardness is what helps me to stay focused on my goal, as sad as that is!
  • I haven't had my pic taken in so long, I'm not sure. I think I might need another 10lbs before I feel okay about it, though.
  • Certainly not yet! Who knows when (if) I'll ever be. Right now, I still see photos and get ughed out because I look a lot bigger in photos than I do in my head!
  • Finally now! I look at recent photos of mysef and finally recognize who I am looking at instead of thinking "that looks off" as I did when I was fat. Mostly it is my face that finally looks normal to me.
  • Quote: Certainly not yet! Who knows when (if) I'll ever be. Right now, I still see photos and get ughed out because I look a lot bigger in photos than I do in my head!
    I really hope that you become comfortable with seeing yourself at some point. Isn't that one of the things that you're working for, in losing weight?
  • Seeing myself in a family photograph is what finally motivated me to change my lifestyle.
    I hated it when Friends tagged me on facebook, but look forward to seeing a picture and seeing the thin me again.

It is what is keeping me motivated!
  • RVA--yes, it is something I'm working for. I just think I look a lot better in my head and in the mirror than in a picture. lol We'll see!
  • uncomfortable pictures
    A couple months ago my niece who lives with me graduated from grade 8, lots of family came down and we did pictures at the lake,I never have my picture taken and after seeing how many chins i had i never want another one to be taken, I want change but i just don't have will power. Help me please
  • Anything below 175 and I loved being in pictures- there were still some of them that made me look a bit chubby, but most of them were cute.
  • Quote: A couple months ago my niece who lives with me graduated from grade 8, lots of family came down and we did pictures at the lake,I never have my picture taken and after seeing how many chins i had i never want another one to be taken, I want change but i just don't have will power. Help me please
    My best advice is to stay around 3fc and absorb/engage with others as much as you can. There are a lot of people on here who know a LOT about weight loss, and we should be able to help you. Try the introduction section at first, if you want to explain your story and ask for support.
  • i was comfortable with photos when i got down to about 200, from a starting point of 230...apparently i carry my weight well and have heavy bones (a doctor told me that about my bones, very low risk of osteoporosis apparently)...anyhow 200 was the start of good photos that i'm happy with

i'm right about 190 now and i'm still good with photos...i especially like my face since it's gone from very round to an oval/leaner look...it's interesting, i've never seen my face like this before lol