Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 08:52 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of March 23rd!!!!

Good Morning!!!!
Good day on the diet yesterday!!! I discovered Yoplait light FF yogurt Blackberry...IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!I ate it for supper last night!!!!!No gym yesterday, but did run around with 2 kids soo that should count for something!!!
I bought tuna yesterday and my WW tv dinners soo I will be more prepared at work this week...I didnt do well last week cuz I had to get back into it after being off since Dec 13th!!!!
Well..new week...new chance to do everything right!!!!
Have a great Sunday!!
RR
Old 03-23-2003, 10:35 AM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was an awful eating day. I let DH talk me into Pizza for dinner. It would have been fine if I'd stopped at a piece or two. But no, not me! I was so hungry by the time it got here I ate far too much. Then my sugar was (UGH!!) 191. So, Alex and I both paid the price for my stupidity. I'm already doing better today though!! Back on track and no more temptation from the peanut gallery!!

Have a super day all!!
Old 03-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Alll,

Well, I did pretty good at the party yesterday. Had eggs, bacon, roll and fruit. Oh and potatoes. Silly me made sure none of it had dairy, but didn't think to ask if it was cooked in butter. DUH!! I'm sure the potatoes were, and possibly the eggs. Oh well, hopefully it didn't do too much damage.

I figured out today that there's no dairy in mayo..duh, so I can have egg salad, tuna fish, sandwiches with mayo. YEAH!! "Little, to amuse the simple"!!

RR- Good luck staying with it this week. I'm not looking forward to going back for 1/2 days tomorrow, but at least it's not F/T yet.

Karen- I wanted pizza sooo bad last night, but I was good and had cappelini primavera in "natural sauce" (chicken broth) not cream sauce. They made sure there was no dairy in it for me. When DH picked it up, he had to convince the guy that his wife really did like cheese, just couldn't have it!!

When DH came home from church this AM, he brought the left over munchkins from his CCD class like usual. It took him a minute til it hit that I couldn't eat them!!

Oh well, I guess not having dairy is healthier for me for now!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2003, 05:10 PM   #4  

Hi guys,

I did really well today for lunch. I had chicken fajitas and only had one tortilla. Sugar was 94!! Yeahooo. Course, my cholesterol is probably killer right now!! I can only worry about one thing at a time though.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:38 PM   #5  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone,

I humbly ask you to take me back. I know you did not kick me out but I have been on and off for years now .. I've been a yoyo poster. So I figured I would ask your permission.

I congratulate all the new mommies and the mommies to be.. I have not read much lately... I have to do a lot of catching up but I did get the gist that several of you are new mommies. I am very happy for you all. I hope you have all been having success with your health. I will try to keep on here regularly if you will have me because I am so in need of your support.

For all those who do not know me, I am happyface. You can read about me on the bio page which is over a year old but you'll get the idea. I look forward to getting to know you and helping to support your healthy life efforts.

I am at my all time high as of this morning. I feel older girls... and I am only half way through my 30somethings... I feel tired and stuff hurts and I feel this burdon of having to carry around this body is tough on my joints.

Today I started off right. I had a healthy breakfast and salad for lunch. I am drinking water and plan to walk with friends after work. So my plan is to take it one day at a time... to just look at that one day. Making short term goals for now might be the most reasonable thing. I was always able to keep a healthy mindset when I regularly posted on here so I would like to try that again.

I hope all of you are well and I am looking forward to catching up!
Have a great day!

dani
Old 03-24-2003, 02:51 PM   #6  
LBH

DANI!!!!

Did you feel me willing you back?!?! I have been thinking about you soo much lately!! I don't have your addy anymore, so I couldn't email you about the baby.

I'm soo glad to see you, and OF COURSE you can come back...shoulda never left girly!! Hope right back on the wagon with the rest of us!
Old 03-24-2003, 03:45 PM   #7  

Hi guys,

Dani: Welcome back!! You are always welcome, no matter how long you are away!! Like Lauren I have been wondering about you lately. I think small goals are sensible. That is what I was doing before I found out I was pg. Now I'm just trying to keep a handle on the sugar and the wt gain. So far, so good!! So, I know you can do it too!!

Did pretty well with sugars and eating today. Just hope the doctors think so. I go to the OB tonight and the endo guy on Wed. I'm so afraid that he is going to put me on insulin. I *really* don't want that!!

Have a super evening!!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:07 PM   #8  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

I'm so annoyed, I typed in a post and when I tried to post it, it disapeared . That hasn't happened in so long I've stoped expecting it. So anyway....

Tomorrow is WI and I'm not sure how it will go. I've been over on points most of the days, but I'm more concious of what I'm eating, so I feel like I'm doing better (if that makes sense to anyone but me). I also have walked 4 of the last 5 days so that's at least a little something. Yesterday I was feeling really out of shape though, I'd woken up in the middle of the night with a charlie horse, and my leg was a little sore, I still took my shoes with me to my parents where we were supposed to walk the dogs with them. A short way into the walk my butt on the other side started hurting so bad I had to drop back . I did walk for a while just at a slower pace than everyone else, but after I stopped it stiffened up so bad I could hardly walk. I figure I'll take today off just to rest my leg/butt. I've already exceeded my goal anyway .

Dani - Welcome back!!! You definately must have been feeling the vibes because I was thinking about you too.

RR - Good luck at work this week. I always eat better when I plan out my stuff ahead of time.

LBH - Congrats on doing well at the party. It couldn't have been easy.

Karen - Don't stress too much before going to the doctors or your sugars will be out of wack. I was/am hypoglycemic (sp) and when I'm stressed I really notice the difference.

Everyone Else - Hope you had a great weekend. Don't be strangers.

Well, I'm off to reheat L/O for dinner. Have a great week everyone.

- Tech
Old 03-24-2003, 07:32 PM   #9  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Dani!!
Welcome back!! I was thinking about U Sunday!!! I had a little girl in December soo I am back on track with the diet and excercise!!!
Have to run@@@

TEch---Good luck at WW!!!! I am dieting hard since we are heading to the UP in June!!! Have to impress DH's family!!!

Have a great one all!!!
Vicki
Old 03-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #10  
IALAC

Thumbs down good to be back

Thank you all so much! It is so good to be back. I appreciate your welcome!

I had a good day. I ate well and wrote it all down. I walked at a good pace after school with some friends. I didn't drink much water though so I have to improve on that tomorrow. But I feel better already. I actually had vegetables today... which is very unusual for me.

RR, congrats on your little girl! What is the UP?

Tech, thanks for thinking of me. It totally does make sense that you would feel better just being aware of what you eat. I am thinking about that a lot right now. I think I have this weight problem because I often eat without being at all aware of how much I am stuffing in there. I feel better already just knowing. Good luck! Sounds like you have some good habits already.

Hi Karen, Congratulations! It is so good to see you here. Good luck with the sugar thing. When are you due?

Thanks for the welcome LB! It is good to see you too. I hope everything is going well!

I am looking foward to having another healthy day tomorrow. I already have walking plans.

goodnight!
dani
Old 03-25-2003, 09:03 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Day 5 of no dairy...I'm barely hanging in there. The only thing keeping me going, besides the health of my baby, is the weight loss affect. I had bought a pint of Tofutti awhile ago, I guess it was after Peter's 4 wk. appt. when the ped first said to cut dairy, and tried it, but didn't like it. (I tried one spoonful). DH tried it a couple wks. ago and said it wasn't bad, so I revisited it tonight. It wasn't that bad. Of course I finished it and walked out to the LR to find DH eating a big bowl of the Dutch Chocolate icecream that I bought and hadn't touched yet. He apologized, but said he's trying to get rid of it so I'm not tempted.

My mom brought dinner over tonight, stuffed cabbage and german potato salad. Yum, it was good, she got it at a German butcher near her work. She also brought a box of cookies that one of her patients gave her. She didn't think about the fact that there's dairy in them. I told DH to bring them to work tomorrow, or else I'll surely be in them.

Oh well, that's my gripe for the day! Hope everyone is doing good, staying motivated, and having a great week!
Old 03-26-2003, 08:57 AM   #12  
IALAC

Hi Lauren,
I am sorry to hear you can't have dairy. That would be hard for me too! I actually really like milk and I have yogurt every day. I'm big on ice cream, though I gave it up for Lent so I can't have it now. So because you can't have dairy, are you taking a calcium supplement or something? Is this because you are nursing (I should go back and read the other threads because I'm sure you covered this). If so, will you be able to resume dairy after you are not nursing anymore? In any case, you sound like you are really doing a great job with it. Good luck!

I am on my 3rd day of good health. Well I don't feel well today.. I think that is allergy related or sinus or a cold... but I have been eating well, drinking water (though not as much as I should) and I walked yesteray and the day before. I've also been writing down everything I eat. So I feel much better already. I need to stay on the right track. I am home today which will be a challenge because I usually eat a lot more when I am home. I will have to really stay focused.

I hope you are all doing well.

dani
Old 03-26-2003, 12:40 PM   #13  

Hi everyone,
Universal Mardi Gras was fun. We rode a couple rides, walked around the park, and then watched some live music with a bunch of teenagers. Actually all the "kids" were really sweet near us and it made me feel better about that generation. I've been doing good this week on the eating and exercise. Now if I can just figure out a plan so that I don't ruin it on the weekends. I've lost the same 2 lbs for the last six months over and over again!!

Lauren, that is a real bummer about not being able to eat dairy. I think I'd go crazy too. I was talking with a friend last night with a 6 mo old boy. She's going thru the same thing trying to figure out what it is that she's eating that's causing him to have tummy problems after BF'ing. This week she's only eating rice and soy for a few days until she's cleaned her system and then slowly adding new foods. You'd have to lock me in a closet if I had to do that.

Dani, welcome back. I don't think I was here when you were posting before but it looks like you were well loved. It sounds like you're back on the right track.

Tech, how'd WI go?? Great job on all the walking.

Karen, how'd your appointments go? Fingers are crossed that you don't have to worry about insulin.

HI to everyone else.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:41 PM   #14  
Donna

Hello Everyone,

Was a little disapointed at WI. I was up 1.2 lbs But I was feeling really bloated and next week is TOM for me so this week is usually bad. Let's hope I can get back on track eating wise and lose that weight again I was happy today though K and I went to Red Robin for lunch and I love their onion rings but they only come as an appetizer, so we usually start with them then have a sandwich (I usually have a veggie burger) which comes with fries automatically. I always say I'm not going to eat the fries and then do anyway. But today I ordered the onion rings and a dinner salad instead of the sandwich. It was good and filling (not over filling) and the onion rings were what I wanted anyway . It's the small things that keep me happy.

Liz - Glad your trip was fun. I know what you mean about loosing the same 2 pounds over and over, only for me it's about 5 since I've been swinging 1-3 lbs per WI.

RR - The UP in spring is beautiful. It's one of the things I miss about school. We're hoping to take a trip there next summer, it was supposed to be this year, but we're going to NC for a wedding instead.

Dani - I'll answer for RR the UP is the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Refman's from there and we both along with my DH went to college there. Congrats on the 3 days OP. Good luck being home.

LBH - Maybe DH was trying to save you. Good luck on hanging in there. How long were you planning to BF anyway?

Well I should go. I've got a lot to do today and I'd much rather stay here.

Have a good week everyone.

-Tech
Old 03-26-2003, 02:46 PM   #15  
LBH

Hi All,

Tech- He was, he said he's trying to get rid of it for me! I told him it will keep for a little while, he doesn't have to eat it all! (Just in case it turns out not to be dairy!!) Originally I thought I'd BF for 6 months, but I'm not sure now, with all these problems, including him not latching good. But he's been latching pretty good, and often for the past few days, so who knows?! Formula is expensive, so I would not want to buy it as a sole source of food for him. So I guess I may try and stick it out for a year, until he can (hopefully) drink milk.
Good for you on the dinner! That's something I'd do, get something fatty I want and eat a salad with it!

Liz- Welcome back, glad you had a good time! I feel like locking myself in the closet sometimes, because of all the temptations!!

Dani- Yes, the ped told me to take 2 Tums, 3x a day. I'm taking the Tums Ultra. I'd still rather have a glass of milk!! I have OJ w/calcium too. Peter's very gassy, he screams in pain or frustration or something every night, and you can tell it's gas because he flexes his body and tries to push sometimes. If it does turn out to be dairy, I should be able to slowly add it back in once he's older.
Glad you're staying on track, bummer about the sinus'. One good thing about being PG, my sinus' didn't bother me at all! Now, of course, they're back.
Closed Thread