3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Crazy hungry today (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/260477-crazy-hungry-today.html)

jojoland 06-05-2012 03:31 PM

Crazy hungry today

Arrgh- not only am I seriously hungry today, but I cannot stop thinking about food! I had more sugar at breakfast than I usually do, and last night I skipped a snack and had wine instead- could these things have anything to do with it?

I work nights and don't get up till 10, so lunch is still an hour away- I've already had a bigger snack than usual. I am trying to distract myself- I know that the desire to stuff myself will go away whether or not I stuff myself. But it s**ks! Is this just a part of it?

Hopefully some hot tea will help...:devil:

Spinach 06-05-2012 04:17 PM

I find that if I have sugar in the morning I crave sugar all day and want to eat all-of-the-things, so it could be the same for you.
Hot tea and some project with your hands to keep your mind off food. You can get through this! smiles

Munchy 06-05-2012 04:18 PM

A huge veggie egg white omelette with low or no cheese works for me, or a pureed soup like 56 calorie butternut squash soup, 86 calorie cauliflower soup, 49 calorie mushroom soup, or 65 calorie zucchini soup always fill me up.

jojoland 06-05-2012 05:42 PM

Thank you! The hot tea took the edge off, and I am enjoying another cup after enjoying my lunch. I was worried because sometimes that "pit-of-stomach" hunger is hard to sate, and it makes me feel panicked. Thank goodness for Constant Comment!

Munchy- those soups look awesome!

alitorry 06-05-2012 06:07 PM

Oh I have so been there!! Apple and peanut butter sometimes helps that issue for me. I think I'll try some tea next time to see how that works :)

EagleRiverDee 06-05-2012 06:45 PM

If I have sugar- even in small amounts- I will end up with the worst hunger cravings and sometimes it tips me over the edge of self-control and I binge. I have to keep sugar out of my diet as best I can.

jojoland 06-05-2012 11:34 PM

I am going to be careful about my sugar in the morning for sure...usually I'll have yogurt with grape nuts and fresh fruit, but today I had grapefruit in sweetened juice. Then again, I woke up hungry today, so who knows.

I think the tea helped more because it was comforting than filling...that bottomless pit type of hunger makes me feel so out of control, and I need something soothing. Before I would have used food-- thanks, everyone for helping me to stay strong! I am drinking a cup of decaf Constant Comment right now...I can't get enough!

1231beckyc 06-19-2012 09:16 PM

As boring as it is I just keep chuggin' the water and drinking tea. Those days are so frustrating!!!

carbstart 06-20-2012 12:37 PM

A nutritionist told me sugar makes you hungrier so it's hard to get on track once you've had it. I recommend lean proteins to get back on track so the veggie omelet is a good idea as is chicken, or some turkey jerky. Tea works for me too. Also, take a walk, call a long lost friend, fold laundry while listening to music, just keep your mind off food and know that this will pass.

brvsfan99 06-27-2012 05:58 AM

I usually chew gum, as boring as that sounds. It keeps my mouth busy and then I don't think about eating/food as much

alyssa80ryan 06-27-2012 02:45 PM

Great tips. I have the same problem normally! I'm on Ideal Protein right now and that is helping me "stay clean". lol