Week of March 16th!!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good MOrning!!!
    Well...no healthclub since Thursday..I have to go today, cuz I am sooo irritable..Sick baby..soo not much to report on good eating or anything..

Rabbit--Isnt it fun to shop??? I love it!!!!

WEll..hello to alll!!!! It is a new week and I am eating better today and going to the club!!!(hopefully)
    RR
  • Hi All,

Well, it's supposed to be 62 degrees here today, I'm very excited!! DH said lets go for a walk when he gets home from church. WooHoo, exercise...I'm actually excited about it!! I need some sun therapy...and I'd like my child to know that there's more to outside than cold, drab weather!!

Rabbit- You're soo darn organized...Easter gifts?! I thought of making an easter basket for Petey when I was in Target last week, but decided I'd only eat it all anyway!!

Hope everyone is well!! Have a great week!
  • Hi all,

Nothing much to report except that sugars were good yesterday. That includes movie snacks!! I found SF chocolate that's not too bad. We saw Tears for the Sun (or something like that). Ugh. Definitely a guy movie.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!
  • HI all. Gorgeous day here also. I already went for a walk outside. I had to drag myself because dh is working in the yard and couldn't go with me. So much easier when you have someone to go along! But I'm glad I went.

By the way, just so you guys know, I'm not against the baby chat and I think it's great that you set up a post for that. I sometimes peek at it also. I just really wasn't in the loop there and didn't fit in.

RR - hope you get to workout today and I'm sure it will be a stress reliever.

Lauren - I sure haven't bought any candy yet because I know I will eat it! But I got a couple things for sd's basket and I bought a couple cute little baskets that I'll fill for my walking buddies. And I got workout shorts and golf balls for dh and golf balls for ss. Nothing yet for ds, but I'm moving right along.

Karen - yeah for the good sugars yesterday!

have a super weekend.

Rabbit
  • Hi all,

Wow, today was a georgous day here!! It was SO nice and warm. We took the dog out Geocaching. She's sacked out now!! Sprawled all across her bed. We hiked at least 1 1/2 miles so that was some good exercise for all of us. I did get a little crampy towards the end but it was worth it.

Good sugars today!! Yipee!!
  • Hi All,

It is soo beautiful today!! Weather.com says it's 70 out right now!! I wish it had been this beautiful on my wedding day!! Today is my 2 year anniversary and I'm making DH corned beef, cabbage and little red new potatoes for dinner. Bought a little box of Irish Potatoes for dessert, never had them, but they sound good! Mom gave us a $50. gift check she got from one of the sales reps in her office, to go out to eat, but we're gonna save it for now.

Going to take Peter for a walk up and down the street now. Hope everyone else is having great weather too!!
  • Hi all!!

Wow, Lauren is right it's another great day here. I even got to open my windows!! I'm so tired of snow and being cold that this is like heaven!!

Lauren: Happy Anniversary!! Hope you guys have a nice one. Did you get that walk in?

I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm trying yet another chicken crockpot dish. There is absolutely nothing healthy about this one!! It's the chicken, a can of cr of celery, cr of chicken and two cans of cheddar cheese soup. DH was working at home today so I had him put it on about 11. That way it's not cooking so long. Maybe it will be better!! Here's hoping. DH says it's chickens last chance in the crock pot!!

Hope you guys are having a great day!!
  • Yup, got the walk in and it was great!!

Good luck with the crock pot, this one sounds like a winner!
  • Successsssss!!!!

Finally, a chicken recipee that came out well!! We are even going to have it for lunch tomorrow. That's a biggie with DH. He had to really like it to have it for lunch the next day. I made rice with it and I have another hour before I can check my sugar. Sure hope it's not too bad.

Have a great evening!!
  • just a quick hi.

Happy Anniversary Lauren.

Rabbit
  • Hello Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I'm kind-of with Rabbit, didn't have much to contribute on the baby talk so I just skipped it. Plus I haven't been doing so well diet wise lately. I started out real well the begining of the year, but have been slipping the last couple of weeks. I've decided to concentrate on being healthier and not on loosing weight, we'll see how this works .

I can't believe how beautiful this weekend was. We walked 3 times, although Thurs was short because we waited until after dark and alot of the sidewalks were wet from melting snow and had frozen back over and K and I kept slipping. Fri and Sat we took 'long' walks thru the neighborhood, I should clock them with the car to get a reference going. We didn't get out yesterday because K has been arguing with the computer for the last few days, he bought a new hard drive and can't get it to work so today he's gone to work to use their high speed connection to see if he can find help .

Anyway.... Keep your fingers crossed I do well at WI tonight , I feel like I've done better this week, but not great so we'll see.

LBH - Happy anniversary a day late I can't believe it's been 2 years already .

RR - Congrats on getting back to the gym. Sorry about the sick baby .

Karen - Good luck on the sugars and congrats on the good crockpot recipe. If you like turkey and leeks I've got a great crockpot recipe I'll give you that I've had good luck with. Although I haven't been having good luck lately .

Rabbit - Congrats on all the weight you've lost this year Wish I could say the same.

Have a great day everyone!!!

- Tech
  • Hi All,

Thanks! We had a nice, quiet evening at home. Actually, it wasn't very quiet, or romantic for that matter, but we stayed home and had our dinner!

Tech- Good to see you!! How was WI? Did you figure out how long your walk is/was? I think I figured out going up and down my street is a 1/2 mile. I have to find out how long the walkway around the park is, so we can go there. I'm always telling DH there's something wrong with this computer, because it always does something to mess me up, but DH keeps telling me, you're not a tester anymore, stop breaking things!!

Karen- How were the sugars? That chicken recipe did sound good. You could do it with low fat soups too, and it would probably still taste pretty good.
  • Just stopping in really quick -

WI was good last night, I lost 2 lbs!!! Unfortunately it was the same 2 lbs I'd gained the previous 3 weeks .

I'm gonna start a challenge thread. We were doing it last year and it seemed popular.

LBH - Glad you had a nice day. K decided to buy the latest greatest hard drive for the computer (he rebuilt it at the first of the year) the drives only been out a couple of weeks and he can't get it to work right. He swears it's a "Windows" problem, but I think he's just prejiduced (sp?)

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech
  • hello all.

tomorrow night is weigh in, I've had a pretty good week. Except for yesterday. Hmm. Need to get back to my "no excuses" mode!

Tech - Welcome back! Congrats on your 2 lb loss. I've joined you on the challenge thread. DS graduates in May and I'd love to be 10 lbs lighter!

Rainy here today, but warm. I have daffodils coming up - woohoo!

Rabbit
  • Hi all,

Well, after dinner last night and lunch today I can only hope that I have still only gained 2 pounds!! I made a roast in the crock pot yesterday and it was so yummy I was quite the pig.

I'll have to be good for dinner tonight. Haven't even thought about it yet!!

Tech: I can totally relate with DH and the 'puter!! Mine hates Microsoft but it always buying their stuff!! Then he complains like mad.

Lauren: Sugars were good yesterday!! It was 94 after dinner!! Think I'm gonna stick with meat and veggies and forget the rest. Sorta puts me in a spot for breakfast though. Oh well, I'll figure something out!!

Rabbit: Yeah on the daffodils. It was warm all week until today and now it's chilly again.

Have a great evening.