Height: 5'1''

ghlover- you posted while i was posting
Congrats on your loss!!!!!!!!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #47  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

ghlover - I have no doubt you can reach any goal you wish. It does take more than motivation though, as that weakens on occassion... it takes drive. If you have that, you can accomplish anything!!!

Teacher - Good luck getting all your errands done. Sometimes that is a challenge if you overbook the day
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies - sorry I've been quiet this past week. I've been reading the posts but haven't had two free minutes to post an update. More work and grandmother nursing home drama. She's running out of money to pay for her care, so I've been meeting with an attorney about Medicaid for her. Nightmare. My parents are lost when it comes to business and finance stuff, so this stress rests on me as her POA.

Itsmy - so glad you're holding onto the loss, despite TOM! I hope the end to your plateau is right around the corner! You deserve a 30 pound whoosh chickie!!

Jen - sorry to hear about your stomach. I hope the increase in nursing keeps ovulation away! My ovulation time is far worse for me symptoms wise than TOM is...mega water retention, cramping, upset stomach, constipation. Miserable.

Teacher - glad your life is quieting down. It sounds like your family kept you very busy over the last couple weeks! AC service is a good sign...warm weather is settling in. My favorite time of year!

Ghlover - welcome to ONEderland!! Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment. My crossover is still fresh in my mind as one of the most emotional moments of my journey to date. More so than when I hit goal last month (initial goal anyway). I too fantasized about my DH being able to swing me around again. He's a foot taller than me, so he loves to sling me over his shoulder when we're joking around. It's fun to be there again...keep your eye on the prize. You'll get there with focus and determination.

Kay - hey there! Hope you're having a good week!!

As for me - I've been experimenting with slowly increasing my carbs from 60 to 80, but staying at 1200 calories. I've been doing this for the last couple weeks to see how it would pan out as I think more and more about maintenance mode. I'm feeling a little more confident that my PCOS and insulin resistance is retreating with my weight loss. I'll probably post a question about it over in the PCOS/IR section of 3FC. But so far so good. I saw a small increase in water retention initially, but it was the beginning of ovulation time, so it's hard to delineate root cause - higher carbs or ovulation hormones. I kept at it and my ovulation retention is ending now and I'm seeing the scale drop/whoosh down like it normally does. I definitely want to work myself (slowly) back up to a semi normal carb level. I think my maintenance calorie point will probably end up being 1500-1650 from what I can figure, since I'm a small person (my 12 year old is bigger than me, LOL!). I don't think I'll ever require 2000 calories a day to maintain my frame size. I think that's where I've always gone wrong in the past and ended up overeating, despite thinking I was eating the recommended daily amount. So if my true maintenance point is 1500-1650 calories, I'd like to work my way up to about 150-175 carbs per day, which would keep me at a 40% ratio. I've already come to terms with the reality that I will be calorie counting for the rest of my thin existence.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Dogdays, you have such a great maintenance outlook. Sorry ovulation is treating you badly. and the nursing home drama, I am praying you get that settled, that is no fun.

ghlover, BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!! I know how fun and exciting that is. I also want my SO to be able to pick me up, or I want to be as small as him at least--he's small framed for a man.

itsmy, your challenges are great. I wish I could whip this stomach into shape faster. I have a residual diastasis, and I really hate the way it looks. SO I am focusing on the girdle. exercises like the PLANK, are the best.

teacher, I am glad things are settling down

Kay, how are you doing?

afm: I am feeling alot better, but still don't know if I actually ovulated. My temperatures are not showing it yet, but my body sure acted like it did. I know I can't keep TOM away forever, but I am trying-lol. I am still back up to 196.0 I need to drink alot more water, and watch what I eat. I haven't been watching the food, because the pickings aren't that great.

I need to challenge myself too. Instead of trying to do a routine every day, I challenge myself to keep my bedroom clean every day, and at least 50 reps of something every day.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Hi everyone!

Jen- Hang in there

star- how's your daughter been doing lately?

kay- have you been going to yoga?

Dogdays- wow, that's a great plan!

Today I subbed and had night class. Off to watch some TV and decompress.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #51  

Well got the room clean, SO is on his way home and he will have some gas control meds for me. My body is killing me. My friend says it sounds like a virus that has been going around. the discomfort is causing me to be VERY irritable.

I have nearly bit off everyone's head today. I'm going to do my best to get my 50 reps in when he gets home.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #52  

jen- hope you get in a better mood

I'm enjoying my rainy day. I slept in, got in a workout, and now off to a massage and eyebrow wax. It's a great day How's everyone doing?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #53  

up to 198. Want to dig a hole and hide in it.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #54  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Dogdays - How is increasing the carbs working? Are you staying to your plan? You have done such an amazing job at the loss, maintenance is going to definitely take some adjusting to as well

Jen - sure do hope you feel better. No biting heads off

Teacher - DD is hanging in there. I have been working with her to get muscle built in her lower body and core; and have her using resistance band exercises for her upper body (since we found that an extreme weakness). The idea is to build muscle around the joints as added cushion - I just never had the time to work with her on it before... even now it's hard to fit in sometimes, but we are doing it. Thank you so very much for asking, so sweet of you! That sounds like a fab rainy day! I have never had my brows waxed - always just plucked them myself... your way sounds better

Last night I did 3.6miles towards my goal of 60. I know that's a small distance for many on these forums, but for me and my body, it;s huge and I am proud DD and I also did Abs Bootcamp again. OUCHIE! What a great night of workouts though. I am working an extra hour per day all this week, so has not allowed much time to fit anything besides work, supper, and workouts... well, and a shower, Happy Friday-Eve all!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Teacher - sounds like you made the best of your rainy day. Hopefully the sun breaks out for you today. I love having my brows waxed...I'm at the point where I only need to have it done once a year and I can do maintenance plucking in between. But I still love how perfectly shaped they look after a fresh waxing, LOL!

Jen - sorry you're having a tough and unfair week. I hope it turns around soon.

Itsmy - thanks for the update on your DD. I hope the excercises improve her muscle tone enough to lessen her joint pain. Please tell her that I admire her strength and think she's one incredible little lady. Great job on doing 3.6 miles! That's fabulous! My carb increase is going well. Still losing (mini whoosh time post ovulation) so I think the carb increase is not impacting anything. Of course I'm still only eating 80 per day, which is pretty darn low in the grand scheme of things. But my insulin resistance has always interfered with my ketosis process unless I kept my carbs extremely low. Time will tell I guess!

Busy day today with work - have to leave mid day to pick the girls up from school (shortened school day and the last day of school before their spring break...I love having them home!). I'll work from home the rest of the day. I don't have tomorrow off as a holiday but will work from home because I have conference calls all day. Not worth the hour drive to my office for that. At some point between now and Easter I have to make my famous carrot cake (only famous because my DH and kids love it, LOL) for Easter dinner. My parents are hosting this year and are planning a giant egg hunt. My mother goes completely overboard with the volume of eggs...like 300...for three kids. (my two and my sister's DD) But the girls love it and look forward to it every year. Supposed to be a gorgeous day here in Connecticut on Sunday. I'm looking forward to a nice big family dinner.
dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #56  

well dogdays, a low carb diet would be good to be on around your house. sounds like fun. I love carrot cake.

myturn, you are doing so awesome with your goals already. I have managed to keep the bedroom clean for 2 days, no reps on either day though. I have worked with my stomach while in bed just to try to tone it. You are so amazing with what you have to do with DD. I am so glad she has a mom like you. My mom needs to take a cue from you, she needs to build the muscle around her bad hip joint.

teacher, I too love my brows to be waxed. I can't maintain them though.

afm: been having a headache for the past 3 days, less moody today but still got a headache. scale was back down to 194.

kay, check in?

hi ghlover.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #57  

dogdays- sounds like a lot of fun heading your way for Easter. Enjoy that carrot cake. yum!

star- that's a great plan for Amber. I should try a weights class and see how my ligament does.

jen- good to see the scale heading in the right direction

I went by my mom's school earlier to help make copies. Getting ready to workout. I'm doing much better with my food choices this week and have started back tracking with the daily burn website. It's a day struggle but I've really been on plan this week.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM   #58  

hey ladies, I seriously have to work on this tummy. I have to try to fix this diastasis. I am going to try to do "girdle" work.

I am getting really discouraged about losing weight, I think I am just going to have to put it on hold for real, and figure out what my body needs (strength and resistance training). I should just disconnect the scale, but I'm so scared that I will gain 20 lbs without knowing it due to my thyroid.

I am feeling better today, just tired. At least don't have a headache today.

teacher, how was your workout?

oh yeah, have kept the bedroom clean for 3 days. go me!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #59  

Jen- my workout went well. I think you just need to do whatever makes you feel better

My DH was home today so we had a nice day together. Did everyone have a good friday?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #60  

well, I did 50 reps last night, even though I was so tired.

I think if I just watch what I eat and do my exercises, I will do better, than getting up every morning checking the scale and getting depressed.

I don't know.