Reward

• What you guys going to do to reward yourself for hitting your goals?? I will have several mini goals lol. My first goal is one pound away but I bought this fab one shoulder red banded dress. It is HOT!!! The only issue is that I still kinda look lumpy from the back around my bra and love handles.So after I hit my next 10 pound mini goal I should be able to wear this. Best part is that I got it from Tj maxx for 19.99!! I am thinking the next goal I might get some really cute shoes to match! What are you guys doing??
  • I've been buying beads for my Pandora bracelet every 25 pounds. I've also purchased a Onederland bead because it's so pretty, and I think that deserves a reward, too. The beads are working for me, because the ones I already have I get to see every day, and remind me to keep going. I can dream about the next bead, and pick it out ahead of time, and visualize the reward in detail.

I give myself little rewards as I need them - cheap cute shoes, new lipgloss or eyeliner.
  • That is a great idea!! My sister loves her pandora bracelet. I have my dress hanging on the outside of my closet so I can see it while I am on my elliptical. Makes me go a little longer than the programmed workout.
  • Your dress sounds hot, Keri! Great reward.

Each size I go down I buy a new dress in the next size. They're goal dresses, yes, but they're also rewards once I fit into them. Mind you, these aren't fancy dresses or anything. They're usually a nice cotton meant for everyday. I live in skirts and dresses.

Aside from that, I buy things as needed like Riddy mentioned. And, I think I've said it elsewhere, but once I get near my goal weight and have managed to become debtfree (and quit smoking, which I've already done) I'm going to get some cosmetic dental work done. I feel like that will really clinch the whole thing from a vanity persepective. I'll be the me I always I wanted to be from head to toe.
  • Wow sounds like you have made a huge change!!!! I know it had to be hard with all the other things you were doing at the same time. I am still trying hard to get that one last pound before I reach my mini goal. you have done a FAB job!
  • Thank you! Don't get me wrong, I didn't set out to do all these things at once! I was 9 months into eating healthier and losing weight before I quit smoking. I don't know if I'd been successful if I had tried it earlier. The finances didn't all start to come in line until around the same time. It sounds silly but I kid you not one day I woke up and thought it might be bright to handle my money the same way I do my calories. (Seriously? Duh, Thistle.) Before that I managed to put a little money aside each paycheck to put toward credit cards and loans, but now that I have a plan I'm making serious headway.

Pre-congrats on your mini goal! You're sooo close.
  • Quote: I've been buying beads for my Pandora bracelet every 25 pounds. I've also purchased a Onederland bead because it's so pretty, and I think that deserves a reward, too. The beads are working for me, because the ones I already have I get to see every day, and remind me to keep going. I can dream about the next bead, and pick it out ahead of time, and visualize the reward in detail.

I give myself little rewards as I need them - cheap cute shoes, new lipgloss or eyeliner.
    That is such a good idea!
  • I can't take credit for the bead idea. One of my coworkers started a bracelet for her mom with a letter "C" - because she had lost 100 pounds - because C is the Roman numeral for 100. I loved the idea, but couldn't wait that long. I figured every 25 pounds was a good balance between timing and price. I just bought my Onederland and my letter C, but they're tucked away until I earn them. So close to getting that Onderland bead!
  • Hi everyone. I put away 10 Euros (not dollars because I'm living in Italy at the moment) for every pound I lose. When I have lost 25 pounds total (10 more), I'll have 250 Euros put away and I'll use that to buy a beautiful city bike to ride around Milan on. I was thinking that riding the bike would help me get even more excercise to take off the next 25 pounds.
  • Once I got into the 180's I treated myself to a pedicure (which I never do!) and when I hit 170's I'm getting my hair colored (which I usually just do at home.) I think after that I'll have to go to 5lb goals, and want to get a bikini wax. When I get to final goal I'm getting a tattoo.

Love the bead idea!

C7
  • When I get to goal I'm buying this: http://www.amazon.com/Topaz-Collecti...6414405&sr=8-4

And a bunch of clothing, lol.
  • Honestly, I don't. I've kicked around the idea, but usually I end up just getting myself what I want regardless of what my weight is doing. Mentally they're just two separate things to me. It's weird, because it make so much sense, I should try to include it some way.
  • I was doing the Pandora charm thing too but it was getting a bit pricey so I just reward myself with new clothes.
  • I am planning on using rewards for every 20 pounds lost. Things like mani/pedi, massage, lunch date with friends (not being super picky on calorie intake), a new workout outfit or equipment, cheap but cute jewelry, etc. Also, I only let myself watch TV if I'm on the treadmill, and then 30minutes at night on the couch with the hubby.

I would list "buying new clothes" but I already have a large rubber maid full of clothes I used to fit into (or bought a long time ago hoping I would one day fit into it, thus the tags are still on it). I pick a different outfit a week and hang it up where I can see it to help keep me motivated. I want to wear those clothes so bad!!!