Digital scale woes

• I got a Health O Meter from Walmart about a year ago and seemed to work fine, now it tells me I weigh exactly the same to the ounce with clothes on and off. :/ Time for new battery or is this thing garbage?
  • I'd like to know what I really weigh.
  • I find that , except for shoes most clothes really don't weigh very much.
  • My scale will read me 3 or 4 lbs heavier with clothing and shoes on, so... change the batteries? I would try batteries before I would toss it. Change the batteries and then weigh yourself with a 5lb hand weight, and then without, to see if it drops exactly 5lbs.

Good luck!
  • I feel your pain. Going through the same thing. I keep telling myself to change the batteries as well. I think those scales are pretty good. I believe I have the same one It does the same thing to me, when I'm trying to be OCD.. haha! I weigh myself, go to the bathroom, weigh myself again and I've actually gained weight. hmmmm.
  • Kate, I never thought about using my 5p hand weight to calibrate my scale. Great idea! Picked up a new battery and I will weigh in in the AM. Thanks guys!
  • We had issues w/our last digital scale as well. Every single time you would weigh yourself it gave a different reading. It got to the point that my husband would weight himself like 5 or 6 times in a row and take the average. We finally got a new one.

I'm still wary of digital scales though.
  • I'm also having issues with my scale all of the sudden. I have no idea how much I weigh right now! It was so bad that yesterday I had a 3 lb difference between the time I weighed when I first woke up and right before I put clothes on to go to work about 45 minutes later.