Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 12:19 PM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of **March 02**

Good Afternoon!!

The rest is a vent feel free to skip!!

The doula called two hours before she was supposed to be here and told me she couldn't be my doula because it could take her two hours to get here!! This appointment was made a month ago and she's just now deciding this?? I told her where I lived and where I was delivering in the original conversation we had and it wasn't a problem then. I know I'm hormonal (was crying at songs on the radio) but right now I'm just mad, mad, mad!! It's going to be way late now to look for someone. They were getting booked up for May when I originally started looking last month. GRRRRRR.

End of vent!!

I looked up a lot of crockpot recipes online last night and went out shopping this morning. I'm going to try cooking more. Maybe using the old crockpot will help. I've been so tired when I get home from work that I don't want to even think about cooking. If it's mostly done when I get home I won't have much to complain about!!

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #2  

Me again!!

RR: You have the Medela PIS right? How are you liking it? I found a brand new one in a sealed box on Ebay for $192. I know it's early but I was just wondering if I should go ahead and get it. I know they are $279 in the stores here.

TIA!!
Old 03-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--I found one cheaper without any shipping costs at an independent website..Do a search under google.com and type in medela breast pump..I almost bought the one for the same price on e-bay but changed d/t free shipping..plus 1 yr warrenty.I really like it!!!Sorry about the Doula..that is pretty irresponsible..

Hello all..been out all day and time to get things settled for the night!!!
RR
Old 03-02-2003, 07:38 PM   #4  

hi all - been out of town since Thursday (in Florida and the weather was grand!). Thought I'd pop in to say hi. more later.

Rabbit
Old 03-02-2003, 08:47 PM   #5  

Hi guys.

I think I must be nesting. I've been cleaning all weekend. I even took the stuff off of the shower caddy and cleaned it. I think I've only done that once in four years.

RR: I had done an online search through Google and the cheapest I found was $206. The one on ebay has free shipping. It's a nine day auction so I'm going to watch it for awhile. I just can't decide if I should get it.

Have a great evening!!
Old 03-02-2003, 09:53 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen- That's a pretty good price. If you can't find one cheaper, like where RR did, definitely go for it! Did you get your bedding out of Pottery Barn Kids?? I got a catalog from them yesterday and saw the cutest space theme bedding!! I love it!! I love their stuff, but they're a little pricey. That really stinks that the Doula screwed you at the last minute like that. It's too bad you're not closer to me, our childbirth instructor is also a doula.

Rabbit- Welcome back!! Lucky you getting to go to Florida!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:36 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!!!
WEll, I have an appointment today at 10 with that healthclub to check things out..DH is kind of disappointed that I dont want to do a family membership at the club by our house but I just am not comfortable with men and I know I will not go!!!He understands, but cant see spending the extra money to get 2 memberships at different places..The ladies club where I have been going for years, is just soo out of the way, now that I will be working different hours, I would be frustrated with the traffic at that time of the evening...The ladies club next door to daycare is just sooo perfect for me.....(I am convincing myself I am doing the right thing!!!!)Men are soo strange--he didnt even hesitate buying an antique coke machine last week, along with a Rolex watch, and lets not forget the new picture for the living room, the olive jar, the power washer and oh yeah the ice hockey table, electronic dart board etc etc...hmmmm..that was the last 2 weeks... They are just weird!!!!

I am gonna start writing a food diary I think...See if I am doing good with eating..WE all think we are but sometimes seeing it in writing changes things!!! I am back to work 1/2 day next Friday...yuck..Kaylee has to go for her ear checkup soo I thought 4 hrs of daycare the first day would be enough...I am gonna cry next Friday(14th)!!!!I am ready, but sad, but happy but miserable...Make sense???

Have a great day all!!!!
RR
Old 03-03-2003, 10:59 AM   #8  

Hi ladies! Just checking in...I've been way off track the past couple of weeks, trying to get it all back together this week. Between work getting busy, getting sick AGAIN, and ice storms, I just haven't been focusing on the eating healthy & exercising bit.

Hope everyone is doing well...I'm going to be sporadic here again for awhile, but will try to check in every few days or so.

LE
Old 03-03-2003, 01:22 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,
I don't know what the heck has been going on with me but I've been having major troubles. I've been very depressed over the past week. I'm tired and starving all the time. I've also been having terrible nightmares every night. Everything is in bloom here in FL and my allergies are causing me a ton of misery. So needless to say my weekend went well!!! I didn't step foot out of the house the entire time except for going to the garage to switch out laundry. The good news is that it's Monday and I made it to the gym this morning so I'm feeling somewhat better. I won't even begin to list out all the food I ate. It was bad!!!! The good thing was that I was too lazy to get in my car and drive to fast food where I would have ordered one of everything off their menu.

Hopefully I didn't cause too much damage!!!
Old 03-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #10  
LBH

Hi All,

You know, my company just keeps getting worse and worse to deal with!! I just found out I have to go back to work all day Friday, so that I can take the time off after that. Apparently you have to come back to work F/T before you can borrow vacation time or anything else. My FIL said he'd babysit, but he can't until 10:00, which means I have to go in late and stay late. I really didn't want to work a whole day right off the bat, because I'm afraid I won't be able to get myself together that early!! And I'm not ready to leave him yet!! And then there's the whole pumping issue!!

Ugh...
Old 03-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #11  

Hi all,

My crockpot meal tonight was yucky!! Not so bad that we didn't eat it, but we only ate it because it was what we had. It was chicken with apples, onions and curry powder. I think I should have doubled or tripled the curry powder and chunked up the chicken breasts instead of leaving them whole. Oh well, better luck next time!!

Lauren: I'm so sorry you have to go back on Friday!!! How long will you be able to take off after that? I hope a nice long time.

RR: You too!! I can't believe it's time for you guys to go back to work. Good luck with the gym stuff.

Liz: Today is a new day. Just forget the weekend and get back on track. Good luck.

Hope everyone is having a super evening.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:06 PM   #12  
LBH

Karen- I am borrowing a week vacation next week, then using the vacation I've earned soo far, and sick and float I've earned, which will give me another week, then 4 weeks of 1/2 days. Unfortunately 1/2 the day will be unpaid, but I won't have to go back F/T until April 21st...and Petey won't have to go to daycare until then.

Bummer about dinner. I made pork chops with apples and onions Friday night...was pretty good, I baked it though.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:00 AM   #13  

Well..I joined the club...Kaylee stayed in the daycare while I worked out and did great!!THe girls name was Kailey that watched her..I was waiting for her to cry..but she was sitting in her lap laughing at the tv when ever I peaked in...Daycare will do her good(convincing myself)because she is soo clingy to me..Poor DH gets upset cuz he cannot console her some times...I just wonder why she cries for no reason at times....It is a mystery that she is laughing then the pout and cry happens seconds later....

Lauren--what a weird policy at work..But U must play the game!!! There has been soo many changes at my job..We have new uniform colors, new hours, new manager and assistant manager etc etc..We did get a bonus check on friday and they took out 40% tax on it...People were soo mad...but some is better than none to me!!!!!

Liz-hope things are better!!!

WEll..off to work out!!Hope daycare is good this morning!!!
RR
Old 03-04-2003, 12:29 PM   #14  

I'm feeling much better. I satisfied my food craving last night -- cheese -- lots of cheese!!! I've been without for awhile and was having major withdrawals. I went to the store and bought two different kinds with some yummy crackers (not low fat ) and had some of that with a glass of wine for dinner. It wasn't good for me but I'm so happy now!! I even managed a great workout this morning -- I thought I would be all bloated and sluggish but nope.

RR, don't women of all ages do that!?!?! I'm glad the workout went well for you.

LBH, sounds like you have it all figured out. April 21st is still a long ways away. Make sure you enjoy every second.

KK, sorry about the meal being bad. My DH is the crockpot king. Everytime I try and make something in it I don't turn it up high enough or add enough seasonings -- it's never good.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:28 PM   #15  

Liz--WOW..good perception!!! Hmmm..I guess she is normal after all!!! Never thought of it that way!!!
RR
Closed Thread