Old 02-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #1  

Default Giving it another shot!

I signed up on here in 2007 when I needed to lose weight, and am sure I did... it was so long ago, I don't remember, but I have since gained it back. This time, I HAVE TO lose it, for my own emotional and physical health. I am struggling to find clothes that fit that are not "maternity" styles or just too tight or looking frumpy.... I just cannot take that anymore.

At 186, I know some might say that am not extremely heavy but I am only 5"4... so trust me... am HEAVYYYYYYYYY!

I am doing mainly a veggie diet with as little carbohydrates as possible.

I started 2 days ago, and have already lost 1.6 pounds. I just need the motivation to keep going because this time, am not giving up until I get to my goal weight of 150/145.

I am desperate for a change.

Gospelgyal.
gospelgyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #2  

I feel you. In 2006 I lost 45 pounds and got down to 155. I am also 5'4". Over the past few years I have managed to reach 172. I have a whole closet full of "skinny clothes" just waiting for me to stick to it and really lose this weight. It has been a battle all my life. Good luck to you. Veggie's are good, but I start to feel starved and wind up purging on junk after a while, so I am just using myfitnesspal this time to keep my calories in check. I joined a gym, too (which I need to actually GO to). What kind of changes do you think you will make? Couch to 5K? I was thinking about it.
val30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #3  

Hey Val,

Good to know someone on here with about the same stats. I am very determined this time around. I CANNOT live like this anymore. when I see the types of clothes I am forced to wear... ughh!!!! And ofcourse the belly, that makes everybody look at me like am 7 months pregnant, when am not!

I want to fit into skinny clothes again. And its hard because where I live, it just does not carry clothes for plus size women, so the clothes am wearing are either maternity clothes or some that I've had for years. ugrggggghhhhh!!!!!

I dont care what I have to do. I started eating veggies, today is my 4th day, and am learning that hunger pangs will force you to eat things that you shouldn't, like last night when I pinched a slice of cake. but after eating veggies for 3 days, I didnt feel so awfully bad. But for the most part, am sticking to the fruits for breakfast, and veggies for lunch and dinner, with a little cranberry/raspberry juice once a day, and water for the rest.

I do 20 sit ups every morning, and maybe a few stretches, and started a brisk walk in the evenings which is about 4000 steps. Hopefully that helps. So far I've lost 1.6 pounds in 4 days, which is not great, but better than nothing. The last time i tried dieting, I lost 7 pounds in one week, but quickly became bloated the next week, i guess i didn't stick with it. lol

Am determined this time - wish me well. i wish you well too. keep in touch!!!
I havent really checked out what plans there are, i get overwhelmed by it all.
----------------------------
I feel you. In 2006 I lost 45 pounds and got down to 155. I am also 5'4". Over the past few years I have managed to reach 172. I have a whole closet full of "skinny clothes" just waiting for me to stick to it and really lose this weight. It has been a battle all my life. Good luck to you. Veggie's are good, but I start to feel starved and wind up purging on junk after a while, so I am just using myfitnesspal this time to keep my calories in check. I joined a gym, too (which I need to actually GO to). What kind of changes do you think you will make? Couch to 5K? I was thinking about it.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #4  

I've lost 3.8 pounds as of today, that is in a week. I am excited about that and very motivated. I added exercise to my routine, brisk walking for 30 minutes in the afternoons, about a mile, and the same in the mornings, including extra short walks at work once day, about 5 minutes.

For eating, I started with the vegetarian, all fruits and veggies, but realized it was going to be hard to keep that up, so added protein (chicken, tuna) and sometimes healthy crackers or nuts if I cannot take the hunger anymore.

I am super motivated because I can not afford to look like am 7 months pregnant anymore, and persons asking me how many kids I have, and I don;t yet have children. I believe extra weight makes me look older. Not good.

So am well on my way.... cant wait to hit 180 in a few days, and then 170! 170 will be phenomenal as I have not weight that in over 5 years.

Cant wait!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #5  

... and then no more weight loss after my 3 pounds!

Looks like I'll be stepping up my exercise a bit more. I want to get out of these 180's. been here for too long... years!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

It's possible that you're not eating enough - can you give a sample menu?

Wait, I'm re-reading. You lost 3.8lbs in a week? That's great! I like to weigh in just once a week to see my progress, because sometimes the scale shows the small day-to-day changes that I'm not interested in becoming freaked out over

The one concern I would have is how long you can keep up with this kind of lifestyle. If it's something you can stay with forever, I'm all for it! If it's not, then you may want to consider your options. You don't want to go through all of this just to feel like "your diet is done" and then gain once you start eating differently.

Last edited by Munchy; 02-09-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #7  

Thanks for the input Munchy! This IS a lifestyle change for me. I have adjusted my eating habits for more than weight loss, it's more for health reasons. I decided that I did not want to continue forever on blood pressure medication, and for my general well being. I just started feeling "fat", winded and out of breath and at my age, I also want to get married and no one wants to marry the "fat" girl. lol.

so this means more to me than just a weight loss gimmick. So far I feel so much better and now hate missing a workout. I walk at least a mile in the afternoons after work and today looks like one of those days when I may not make it, and am doing whatever I can.

I must admit tracking what I eat, and only eating healthy makes me feel so good!