"The things I thought would destroy me..." Making a comeback but new to the 30s!

• Hey Ladies! I am really excited to be back but I will admit that the next few weeks and probably even months are going to be full of ups and downs for me. I found out last night that my husband is leaving me. Not to get too into our story but for a mini background there is no spectacular reality tv like reasons or anything like that. My husband has been drifting away from me for years. I feel like I have been waiting for life to start because he was working so much this past year and a half that I was holding back on doing much. I didn't want to go out and have fun while he was stuck at work, I felt like I was moving on without him. So I waited... and got more and more depressed. After having enough of no relationship I talked to him about us getting our life back and the next thing I know, he found an apartment.

So that is that...

The things I thought would destroy me have only given me strength and hope I thought I had lost.

So moving forward! I am really surprised at how OK I seem about it so far. I have honestly had more positive thoughts than negative ones at this point. He doesn't move out for about a week or two but I am excited! Yes, I said it, EXCITED! I have been waiting to live for so long that I feel like a helium balloon set free. don't get me wrong, I am sad, but I see its not worth it. I am worth more. I have been wanting to get into Zumba and or yoga so now is the time. I still have to figure out my budget so that will take a bit but I just feel so motivated on all fronts right now. I have never lived alone, I haven't been single for more than a few months since I was 11! (Not that I am easy or anything! It's probably... no it is, a self esteem issue). But right now I am really looking forward to having my own place, eating the right things and getting into a great routine.

I am new to the 30s group but I know I will find some great wisdom and amazing motivation among you ladies. It's early in my transition to a new life but I can't wait to be on track with all of you!
  • Hi Kay

Welcome .... you sound like your ready to do this and embrace yor new life ...

Sounds great that you are having a fresh start with everything ...

Take care
  • Thanks you HMM3! I am really looking forward to getting to know the ladies of the 30s group.
  • Welcome Kay! My very best BFF went through something similar, and I wish she sounded as positive as you!

Good luck on your new journey... And I can add that being just you is easier food-wise. If i want a spaghetti squash for dinner, I can have it! Well, when DH is away, lol..

• Thanks Kateleestar! Very true on the food stuff. I like that I will have ready to heat meals and prepped veggies that I can expect will still be there for me when I open the fridge again! lol