Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

Default I just ate a box of cookies

Ok so I've been really frustrated that I've been at the same weight for 7 days, so I started feeling like watching what I eat doesn't matter, and had some days that I ate a lot. The scale went up .5, so the next day I watched what I ate. But the next day, I was up another .5.
Today I ate soooo much. Dreading the scale tomorrow.

I have to face the fact that I can no longer just watch what I eat and have pounds drop off. I need to start exercising. I really have zero motivation to do this plus I'm mad at myself for having so many bad eating days lately. Sigh

I hope the scale isn't too bad tomorrow.
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Stop the insanity! You have to step off the scale and concentrate on your plan. If you are eating what you are supposed to, you will lose weight. It might not be today, or tomorrow. But overall, the number will go down. Your scale is making you crazy. Set some new goals for yourself that don't involve a stupid number on a scale. For example, make a goal to eat as healthy as you can for one day. Or make a goal for walking. When you make that one, make a new one that's harder. Concentrating on things you can do to give yourself a good feeling about your body will make it easier not to focus so hard on your weight. The main purpose of this journey should be to get as healthy as we can. It is not mentally healthy to play mind games with yourself about the number on the scale. And it is certainly even less healthy if you are so distressed about it that you eat a whole box of cookies, and then hate yourself even more. You have to love your body enough to want to improve it by giving it the right foods. I think the exercise idea is a good one. I love exercising because it makes me appreciate how wonderful my body is. I feel strong and almost bulletproof when I work out, and I love being sore afterwards. It makes me realize that when the soreness goes away, I will heal and be stronger than before. Dig deep, and find some love for yourself. Get right back up and on your plan again. You won't regret that! Take care.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #3  

Thank you, Brandis
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #4  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Relapse is a part of recovery. It's only one day. Consider not weighing yourself daily. Praise yourself for what you've done.

Yes I know these seem cliche, but they're all powerfully true. Good luck getting back on track.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Consider the following scenarios:

a) I ate a box of cookies. I felt badly, but then I decided to pick myself up, dust off, so I ate a healthful dinner and did some gentle yoga before bed. I woke up feeling good about myself, no matter what the scale says.

b) I ate a box of cookies. I felt badly, so then I ate a big cheeseburger, and some chips, and a shake. Then I went to bed, and when I woke up I felt awful about myself, no matter what the scale said.

I ate spaghetti with pancetta and creamy sauce over the weekend. Oh well. Moving on.

thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #6  
My goal = health

^^^
| | |

This! And you ate a box of cookies and came her for support and accountability!
And that surely beats eating everything else after this box of cookies!
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree, you are doing alot better than somebody who ate a whole box of cookies (I've eaten my fair share) and not been accountable to it.

I agree make up for it. Do something light for dinner. Do some exercise/activity.

wake up tomorrow and if you do weigh, realize that is only a step on your journey. To not weigh, is trying to justify what you did. It will be bulk weight and not actual fat weight, but I think it is a good idea to face the consequences and deal with it. Realize you have a problem, and remember the bulk weight and the feeling of disappointment and disgust, and try not to revisit it on your journey. Last of all be kind to yourself. I'm an all or nothing gal and I go through the same emotions as you do about the scale. The scale is a tool.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'5

Dont feel bad, I had spaghetti for dinner..lol..but I am about to do 2 workouts here in a bit to apologize to myself...lol
katy929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 216.5/ticker/153

Height: 5'4''

I think what Brandis said is spot on. Although I believe in daily weighing for the purpose of tracking, you seem to be obsessing over that day to day number and NORMAL fluctuation that you can't see all that you're doing RIGHT. From your profile, it says you started at 200 and are now at 168. That right there shows that you KNOW how to lose and you KNOW how to get there. But right now, you are obsessing so much that you can't see what you've done right. I think what you need to do (besides MOVE ON!) is sit down and really LOOK at what you've done and how you've lost the weight. I do weigh daily, but then I am able to look back over the months and say hey, I may have had a bad day here and there, but I'm lower than I was 1 month ago! You've just got to change your perspective!

To change it, either one do a chart of the numbers you're plugging in daily to see the overall trend or go back and look at old pics from say 6 months ago or a year ago. You KNOW that at the end of the day, that how you do overall is what is going to matter. So, stop focusing on that NUMBER and focus on eating well, eating within your cals, exercising, journaling, being a weightloss buddy, spending time with family and friends, and all the other tons of things that you KNOW are good, healthy, and will lift you up and STOP looking at that number every day like it's the number that makes or breaks you. Because even for those people who get to GOAL, it's about learning to balance and stay within a range by making smart decisions and living healthy over a long period of time and not just over one or two or even 7 days! You can do this! Just stick it out and stop beating yourself up.
JustJ280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #10  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

You might be surprised. Sometimes when I find myself stuck in a rut I will have a little day where I throw caution to the wind and eat a little guilty and get to working out and pretty soon that little rut is over and I am down to the next little goal. Sometimes it helps to break through with a little more to eat.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #11  

Lol I'm subscribed to this thread but didn't recognize the title. I had forgotten all about those cookies. I've been on track for the past few weeks. Still get frustrated when the scale doesn't move as quickly as I want but I definitely could do more (drink water, finally start exercising, etc)

Good luck all and thank you for the encouragement