3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Week of February 9th!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/24672-week-february-9th.html)

LBH 02-09-2003 08:48 AM

Week of February 9th!!

Good Morning All!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!! I'm enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet, so I better go get my coffee and pump before it ends!! :lol:

KarenK 02-09-2003 10:26 AM

Good Morning All,

This has been an awful weekend. I'm ready to chop my nose off, maybe I can breathe that way. :( I haven't even stuck my nose out the door since I got home from work on Friday. I weighed this morning and I've lost a pound so I guess being sick can have it's good side.

Lauren: Yeah on the peace and quiet!! I've got 11 1/2 weeks left of peace and quiet!!

I'm going to lay back down. For some reason I can breathe better that way. Have a great day.

Legal Eagle 02-09-2003 08:23 PM

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

I've felt much better this week & weekend. Work has been busy and I also took some interns on a couple of "field trips" this week so haven't had much fun computer time lately.

I have been doing well on exercise & pretty well on eating too. My "official" weigh-in tomorrow should be pretty good so maybe I'm really getting back on track! *crossing fingers*

Vickie - love the new pics of Kaylee!

Karen - hope you feel better soon!

Rabbit - congrats on the .5 loss! A loss is a loss and some weeks I'd be thrilled with "only" .5! :lol:

I'll check in again sometime tomorrow to report my loss (I'm thinking positive thoughts here! :D )

LE

RoadRunner 02-10-2003 07:57 AM

Good Morning!!!

Man, no rest this weekend with Velcro Baby..SHe didnt feel too well with a flare up of those blocked tear ducts and me doing the warm compresses every hour with eye gtts didnt help things...Dh and I took turns walking holes in the floor every night...she went to sleep with him but just wanted to root on my shirt and not relax with me..She is too funny..When things got bad, I put her in the bath tub to play...I just melt when she opens that mouth soooo wide in a smile!!!(favorite picture on the site!!)DH and I laughed yesterday, we were watching hockey in bed and she was at the bottom of the bed(us watching her close)she would squirm with her head, then butt over and over and make it all the way to the top of the bed where we were...It was soo much work she grunted and grunted to get there!!!!:D

Karen--Enjoy the quiet!!!! THe crying is stressful but soo worth it..Dh and I started the conversation of another baby...We both agree we want one, but dont want one..It is just overwhelming to think about but a decision that has to be made this year due to my age...I wish we would have met 10 yrs ago:( :( :(

Legal-Good Luck on the official weigh in!!!I am starting the walk/jogging again..The healthclub is hard, cuz they dont offer daycare anymore..(started in Jan)bummer, since I never needed it until now...

WEll..hello alll....must run cuz Velcro Baby is rooting and clawing to my neck!!!!
RR

Legal Eagle 02-10-2003 10:27 AM

I lost 2.8 pounds this week! :D That gets me below my first goal (a little later than planned, but there none the less!) and hopefully gives me the boost and momentum I needed to keep it up!

Vickie - I hope you get some sleep soon! I haven't been walking outside lately because it's been SO COLD...but I bought some of the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds for Abs" tapes and I like them so far!

Have a great day all!

LE
150.8/143.4/125

LBH 02-10-2003 10:49 AM

Hi All,

LE- Congrats on the loss, and meeting your goal!! :cp:

RR- DH and I have kind of had the baby talk. He wants to know why I'm not counting down to 6 wks. like I did to my EDD!! :lol: I was like, honey, just because the 6 wk. mark comes along doesn't magically means I want a FEEP fest!! :lol: But seriously, I said yeah, ideally it would be nice to wait a year + to try again, but I'm gonna be 35 this summer, and even though it was easy to get PG this time, doesn't necessarily mean it will next time. We'll probably wait close to a year though, because honestly, I"m not sure that I'm mentally prepared to have another baby!! Especially when Peter's screaming bloody murder like I'm killing him...EVERY NIGHT!! :(

Karen- Hope you're feeling better soon! :( Do you have a cold, or sinus infection, or what? Have you tried Sudafed? It doesn't do much for me, but I was willing to try anything they'd let me try when I was PG and not feeling good.

DH called a little while ago and said his Aunt Madah is not doing well. She's in PA in the hospital and apparently she's refusing dialisys...which i didn't know she needed...so his dad is on his way there now. Wish I could go, she just loves DH & I to death, and she's such a sweet lady. DH said he wants to go too, maybe he will take tomorrow off or something and we can go out there. Have to call her daughter now and see what the whole story is. Please say a little prayer for her if you can. Thanks.

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit 02-10-2003 12:38 PM

hello. I did not do so well this weekend foodwise and blew my op streak. Darnit! The first bad part was having choc. in the house to send the kids for valentines and it went down from there. However today is a new day and I've got a ton of points to make up for!

Karen - hope you are feeling better! So much of that going around.

Legal - congrats on your loss! Happy for you that you've made your first goal.

RR - yes that would be a tough decision to make now. Good luck.

Lauren - sorry that your Aunt is not doing well.

off to work on taxes -

Rabbit

KarenK 02-10-2003 07:06 PM

Hi all,

Our heat went out last night so we are getting a new pump tonight. Yippee!! At least we don't need a whole new boiler. We can always be thankful for little favors!! :D I am feeling 3/4 better today. Everybody at work seems to be sick. I sure hope I don't get it again.

Lauren: Are you tired of snow or what!! I know I am and we are supposed to be getting more during the week. Bummer. Sorry to hear that your Aunt is not doing well. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Rabbit: Sending you stay strong thoughts!! DH and I decided to give each other Broadway show tickets instead of flowers and candy this year. Much less fattening. ;)

RR: Yikes, I can't even think of another baby!! Especially when it hurts to walk!! And I haven't even been through labor yet. I'm just tired of being pregnant already!! I can only imagine what I will be like by 39-40 weeks.

Have a great evening!!

lizzard_h 02-11-2003 08:18 AM

Good morning everyone,
I made it back from the Keys trip. It was absolutely beautiful and we had a great time. Thurs when we were tanning by the pool and drinking pina coladas I called up my sis in Michigan to tease her. She had the nerve to call me a bad name. :lol: Before we went on the vacation I managed to get a stomach virus -- talk about 24 hours of agony. I got so sick I screwed up my stomach and couldn't eat for two days. After that I felt much better and was happy to step on the scale when I got home - 3 pounds lost. :)

I started a new program at the gym this week. It's part of the Presidential Challenge for America to get fit. I have to work out for at least 30 minutes five times a week for six weeks. They also loan you out a pedometer to measure your steps. Two days into it and so far so good. :D There's lots of giveaways when the six weeks is up. Hopefully I can make it.

Not much happening here regarding NASA. DH has been told they will continue to work to the schedule and hope we get back to launching soon. All of the debris they've recovered so far should be arriving at KSC this week and they will start trying to put it together. On Friday they held a huge memorial at the shuttle landing strip for all of the workers. I wished I could have been here for it. They have identified the wing debris as being from the left "suspicious" wing so maybe they will figure something out soon.

Karen, glad you are feeling better. I like your idea of the show tickets for Valentine's -- great idea!!

Rabbit, sounds like you'll have to be extra good the rest of the week. :) I have to admit I splurged the other day and got a choc bar. It was heaven!!

Lauren, sorry about your aunt. You and your family are in my prayers. I have to ask you -- what does FEEP stand for?? My imagination is running wild with that one.

Legal, congrats on meeting your first goal. Great job!!

RR, how's the little one's tear ducts today? You are making me exhausted just reading your entries. I don't know how you mommies do it!!!

Hi to all those I've missed!!!

RoadRunner 02-11-2003 08:28 AM

Good Morning!!! Velcro is sleeping:lol: so I thought it was time to type with 2 hands!!!!

Liz-FEEP=Fun Earned Excercise Points(use the imagination for that one!!!!)In 1999, we kept up with mileage when excercising
and I think that term was me, Lauren and Legal's(U R not innocent on this one!!!hahaha)brains together!!!!Glad the trip was great..Watching the weather channel..I see why your sister was nasty!!!

Lauren--sorry about your aunt..Keep us posted!

Karen and Lauren--If U dont have it, I suggest reading "The Girlfriends Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood"..It is soo funny and true!!! Her books are becomming my favorites!!!

Legal-Glad U R better!!! Horray on the weight loss!!! I am really getting "down" about this body and decided to do something..I would do it again though...to be pg again..but right now..I want this belly flat, the dark stripe on my belly gone, and to feel attractive again...DH is soo supportive soo I dont know why it bothers me so much!!!

Rabbit-Glad the chocolate flew the coop!!! I told DH NO CANDY!!! Really the breast pump was the best gift!!!He surprised me with a beautiful bracelet as soon as Kaylee was delivered soo I told him that was enough for Valentines Day!!

I discovered the most romantic message to me in my journal that DH wrote sometimes Sat..OMG...it made me cry..The message he wrote for Kaylee in her first Christmas card makes me cry everytime...He will pull out my journal(since we have been married) and write little things on pages scattered throughout..
He is really good to me..(even though I am hormonly mean sometimes!!!:devil: :devil: :devil: )
RR
Ok-Facing Reality Now!!!
Start-150lbs(12/19/02)
127-(1/27/03)
Goal-110lbs and able to run an 8 minute mile again!!!!!

LBH 02-11-2003 08:54 AM

Hi All,

RR- Funny how even though you have a girl and I have a boy, they both have the same name these days...VELCRO BABY!! :( I called the ped. yesterday and talked the the nurse. She said it sounds like Colic and to give it a month and it should end. Man, I hope so! She said basically they give gas the name colic when it comes at the same time everyday. Yeah, whatever, it's still frustrating! She said to keep watching what I'm eating, try putting him on the dryer, car rides, basically whatever will work! :rolleyes:
Your DH is soo sweet!! Mine used to leave me stickies in my car saying "Do Your Kegels" while I was PG, and every now and then one that says "I Love You", but other than that, I don't get romantic things like that! My mom announced she is coming over Friday night and sending us out for a little while. She said I don't care if you go for coffee, a drive, or just sit in the car, but you need to go out! Not sure what we'll do, maybe go to a diner or something.

Liz- Yup, RR got you your answer...let me clarify though, I'm almost positive LE gets the major credit here, for coming up with the actual term!! (Am I correct LE?!) It was fun though, because hey, that is exercise, and we counted every 20 min. of exercise at a mile, when we were keeping track!

Karen- YES, I am sick of snow!! I have things to do, places to go, people to see, and I'm not taking my poor little guy out in the snow!! Now today it's not snowing, but it's colder than a witches t*t in a brass bra!! :lol:
Hope you're feeling better soon and the heat's fixed!!

Rabbit- Ooo, chocolate=bad!! Get back on track girl!! :D

Aunt Update: So she is having kidney failure and she is refusing dialisys. She is talking about her DH who passed away a few yrs. ago, and how he's waiting for her. We think she's just giving up. She was originally in there because she was having problems with fluid build up in her legs, really everywhere, and it was a temporary thing. She's been in and out of hospitals/nursing rehabs for probably a year, and I guess she's just sick of it. I'm not sure how old she is, but I'm guessing probably around 70. FIL is the youngest sibling and he's 65, so she's around there somewhere. We're hoping to go see her this weekend, but honestly, I don't know her condition, and she could go downhill quickly. We're just praying next time we see her isn't at her funeral. :( Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

Velcro is calling...have a great day!

Legal Eagle 02-11-2003 09:40 AM

WHO ME?!?! :devil: FEEP, never heard of it! ;) :angel: :lol:

Lauren - sorry to hear about DH's aunt. Sounds like my grandmother, she died in 1980 of cancer, by the time they finally got her to go to the doctor (when my father literally picked her up & PUT her in the car) the cancer was so widespread there was nothing they could do but send her home to die.

Karen - glad you're feeling better!

Liz - They have found some stuff in a couple of the eastern counties here in NC that they believe may be debris from the shuttle! They haven't confirmed that's what the stuff is yet, but they're speculating that if it is it drifted up here on the jet stream.....The exercise program sounds good. I seem to do better when I set short term goals and rewards for myself at the end, so hopefully the 6 week time frame and prizes at the end will keep you motivated! .....The Keys sounds wonderful! We don't have any snow here at the moment, but it's cold! (at least by NC standards).

Vickie - It will take some time for your body to recover I'm sure, but 127 is great at this point! I've never done the pregnancy thing, but from what I hear, expect for your body to not quite be the same even after you get back down to 110. My roommate from college who has always been very thin said after she had her son she got back down to her regular weight, but still had to go out & buy all new pants because she suddenly had hips where she'd never had them before! Your DH is such a sweetie....mine tries, but he's just not that romantic...he's still asking me what I want for Valentine's Day! :lol: Truth is, I can't really think of anything in particular I really want and if he's going to do something romantic I'd rather not have to tell him what to do! :lol:

I'm trying something a little new this week....I'm testing out the "Wendie Plan" concept of WW...taking my total points for the week and eating a little more some days and a little less others but just adding up my points for the week. We'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LE

Rabbit 02-11-2003 12:40 PM

hello. Whew - I am back on track. I just temporarily lost it! I am only 5 points over for the week. Should be able to make that up by Thursday.

Liz - sounds like a cool workout program. good luck with it. :)

Legal - I've done the wendie plan before. I like it. May do it again one of these days. I like your 5 pound goals. My first goal is for 10 pounds, but after that I may just do 5 lbs also.

Rabbit

lizzard_h 02-11-2003 02:31 PM

Funny story...DH e-mailed me today and asked me what I wanted to do on Friday. 2 1/2 years and all the romance is gone!!! :lol: I e-mailed him back and said I wanted to make love (to him) all night in a room lit with hundreds of candles on a bed covered with red satin sheets and white rose petals. He e-mailed me back and said "what would your second choice be?" Instead he's taking me out to my fav little restaurant and then we're going to a chick-flick.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KarenK 02-11-2003 05:07 PM

Hello all!!

Whew, busy here today. First, just let me say that I hate the dentist with a passion. I had to go for a cleaning today and he found a HUGE cavity. One that can't wait until after Alex gets here which means that I can't have gas. Ugh. I REALLY hate the dentist. I think I would rather give birth than go for this appt. Can you tell that I have dentist issues from WAY back? :( Now my whole month (how long before I can get in for the appt!!) is ruined. Wish I could just get it over with. OK, done venting now!! :D

Liz: Wow, the vacation sounds nice. I'm so ready for some warmness here!! I'm tired of snow and it's supposed to snow again for the weekend. Yuck!!

RR: Wow, DH sounds so romantic. Mine thinks it's romance when he brings me electronic stuff. Guess everyone's idea of romance is different!! :)

Lauren: Have you tried massaging Petey's tummy? I think it's a clockwise stroke that is supposed to help get the gas out. We used to do it when I was on my pediatric affiliation and the little guys were fussy. It helped sometimes.

Rabbit: Good job getting back on track. YOU CAN DO IT!! Good luck.

LE: Good luck with the Wendie plan. Hope it works for you.

I'm off to try the bath now that we should have LOADS of hot water (to the tune of $600 :eek: ). Have a great evening.