Singletons?

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • Hi everyone

So, thus far I've had amazing support from so many people on this site. But I've found that most of the people I'm interacting with are married with children. I have all the respect for these ladies who have so much on their plates! But I'm a singleton, career-focused girl, and I find my weight loss comes with different challenges. So I just thought I'd put a shout-out out there and see if there are any others floating along in a similar boat.
  • Pretty much all my friends are married with kids. I am neither - always wanted to be, but that is the way it goes.

Career-focused? Well. I am working and also in school. I will be losing my current job and I am definitely focused on getting a job that I can live off of.

Right now I definitely know that my day to day issues are different than my married/kids friends. We do the best we can to support each other, but yes, it is very different.
  • Some people think I'm crazy, but I'm single and loving it I can't see myself ever settling down with a guy, and although I love kids, I don't want any of my own.
  • /waves

Well hello

Single, career girl/Master's student here. I agree, I have respect for the ladies with families, but it does come with different challenges, ESPECIALLY when you have a demanding schedule that causes you to travel a whole lot.
  • Hello Singletons

I just got out of a very long relationship...and my single days ever since we broke up, have been fabulous! I'm so glad to be single and free and what I please I think its aweome that you started this thread. I just started on this website today and I really see the support that everyone gives! I hope to be someone that can give it too!

• <<<<<So single!

I'm in the same boat. I work in a professional job and take night classes. I've tried dating, but haven't had much luck. I have some work left to do on myself. I definitely don't have the confidence to find the right guy. I'm close to goal, 'close' is a loose term LOL.
  • I'm career focused and a student, but I have a boyfriend. Does that count?

No plans to have kids and if I get married, it might be a lot later in life. I need to think about the effects it might have on me financially.
  • Single lady here. Not current in a relationship or kids but would love to connect with other singletons this site.
  • totally 100% single here too
  • Hey ladies!

So glad to hear there are some others in this boat! I'm trying hard to date at the moment, but having a social life, working and trying to get to gym / eat healthily is proving hard!
  • Single here too!
    Hellllooooo!
    i too am single and have been for the last 5 yrs now. i've found that my weight has been a large issue to why i haven't put myself out there. the guys i find attractive dont find me attractive and the guys who do as i say "want to get all up in my jelly" i dont find appealing. so i ended up just being the funny "big" pretty girl that everyone wants to be friends w/ but nothing more. WELL NO MORE I SAY!! i've been on IP for 2 wks now and i am never going back!! men hold onto your hats is all i have to say!!
    may everyone else here have the same outcome from getting healthy too!!
  • Well, I went on a date last night. First off, dating is very hard at the moment because I'm so strict about what I'm eating and drinking, of course. But if I know I'm going out, I try and bank some calories for a couple of drinks. Anyway, we were people watching and I commented on a particular girl's dress. The guy replied, "You mean the big chick?". I really hate that that's what people see first about a person. And at the moment I'm finding it hard to get myself out of that category. I still feel very fat, even though I've lost almost 20 pounds and am only just, just overweight according to my BMI. I have decided to stop pointing out my weight to everyone! I'll often say "as a fellow non-skinny chick" or whatever, and i don't think I'm doing myself any favours!
  • Thanks for posting this - I often feel the same way regarding the message boards as I am not married and have no kids. I am glad to see I am not an anomoly here. How is everyone doing? I am only newly committed to weight loss but down 8 lbs in te last three weeks so I'm pretty pleased.
  • I'm a newly single too. I'm a student in my final (stressful) year of university. I think maybe it's good to be free of a relationship right now. I need to work on myself so I can choose my next relationship from a position of strength and confidence ... and I'm really excited!
  • Hey!

Rocketgirl: Wow, 8 pounds down in three weeks? That's fantastic! Well done! I find weekends quite difficult. I'm at home more of the time, and feel a bit lonely. And then I want to eat! :-)

Ohadele: I'm sorry about your relationship, but it's nice to hear you so positive!

I hit the 140's today. Or 10kgs down. Two big milestones. :-)