Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 09:17 AM   #16  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Ok Lauren...one handed typing and singing "Welcome, welcome to the big blue house!!!!"I read where a mom can burn up tgo 700 cal/day dancing, jumping, etc. not bad huh?

LE--Hope U R feeling better!!! Take care of yourself!!

Karen--30 weeks...scarey wonderful thought huh?

Well..off to nap...Kaylee was needy and clingy until 11pm and i am pooped after walking until then and singing....I think it is the growth spurt happening...
RR
Old 02-05-2003, 10:36 AM   #17  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- I'm not surprised!! I guess that's how I've lost all the weight soo far...except I probably lost some of it just being stressed out!!

Karen- Sounds like a good birth plan!! Seriously though, I don't know what method the doula is planning on doing, but think about things like
Do you wanna tear instead of get an episiotomy?
Do you want to have an epidural, or would you rather try some pain killers first?
Do you want them to let you bond with him for 20 minutes or so before they wisk him away to weigh, measure, etc.?
Do you want them to delay the eye meds until after that bonding period?

The doula will probably go over these things with you, just thought I'd throw them out there. You can find sample birth plans online, and make your own, if you haven't seen them yet. Birthplan.org or .com is one.

Rabbit- Good for you, staying OP!!

Have a great day all!
Old 02-05-2003, 03:54 PM   #18  

hi. Checking in quickly, again. Tomorrow night is weigh in, don't know if I'll have a loss or not again since I had such a big one last week, but I've been good so we'll see.

Welcome back Ellen!

OK, I must have missed something, what is a doula??

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03
Old 02-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #19  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

We went to the new Cheesecake Factory by our house tonight for dinner. The food wasn't too bad and the cheesecake was awesome!! We shared a piece and I only ate 1/2 of my dinner so I don't think I did too bad. I also only had veggies for lunch.

Rabbit: A doula is a person who assists you with labor. She's not medical, she's just there to take care of you. She knows different techniques to help and she's an advocate. Hope you have a loss tomorrow!!

Lauren: OK, I do have one other step in my birthplan.....clean him up first!! Let them get their stuff done and then I can adore him uninterrupted.

I'm exhausted so I'm going to take a bath and go to bed!! Hope you have a good night!!
Old 02-06-2003, 03:30 AM   #20  
Phat Chick

Hi all - hope all the new mummies and expecting mummies are doing well and the little babbies of course. Oh and everyone one else. Not been around much, this new job is taking over my life right now, but just wanted to pop by and say Hi! Hopefully things will settle down soon.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:47 AM   #21  

Nice to see U BPB!!! Check in often!!!!!!

Well...Kaylee is sleeping 3-4hrs a night but zero during the day except for 20 minute naps...I guess the oposite would be worse..
Well...I am sick with the flu sooo back to bed..Praying she doesnt come down with anything..The Pedi said continue breast feeding cuz she will get the antibodies that U R making to get well and hopefully prevent her from getting it...
Have a good day!!!
RR
Old 02-06-2003, 09:52 AM   #22  
LBH

Hi All,

Rabbit- Good luck at WI tonight!

Karen- I felt the same way, I didn't want to kiss and hold a slimy baby!! But they are rubbing him with the towel as they are putting him on your stomach. Peter wasn't too slimy, or covered with vernix, because he was a week late, I guess.

BPB- Good to see you, hope the new job is going well!

RR- Sorry to hear you're not able to rest much during the day. I didn't get a nap yesterday, Petey was awake and cranky most of the day. He's sleeping peacefully now, but has been spitting up a lot this AM....after his bath, of course! We are going to DH's work for lunch, to show him off, and make copies of my checks from the state, because I have to fax them to my company to get supplemental STD.

When are you going back to work?? What are you doing for daycare?

OK, gotta get some things accomplished before he wakes up! Have a great day all!

PS- I forgot to mention, for the past 2 nights, he's been sleeping all night in his bassinett!! He's good, as long as he's asleep when he goes in and is swaddled, and then has two blankets on him.

Last edited by LBH; 02-06-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:30 PM   #23  

hello. I seem to be retaining water this a.m., maybe from pretzels I ate last night. Hope that stops by weigh in time!

Snow here! I keep thinking that is done.

I'm planning a trip to Washington next weekend to visit law schools with ds.

Karen - they do have great cheesecake! I really liked the raspberry one. ~ cool about the doula.

BPB - hope you like the new job.

RR - glad she is sleeping better at night.

Lauren - happy to hear Petey is sleeping away in that bassinet!

Rabbit
op since 1/20/03
Old 02-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #24  

Thanks for the warm welcome back! This has been a very crazy week. It is also gearing toward my TOM, very PMSy. I was Depo Provera for two years and am back on a very low dose BCPs. That Depo really messed my body up. The shot sould have wore off at the end of December and my body doesn't know which way is up. I am crampy and bloated and not even due to start until next week. I think I am going to skip the scale this week, don't want the disappointment I am still happy with the 3 inches I lost when I measured on Tuesday so I think I will just leave it at that. My biggest challenge to actually eating. After the first week of Induction (lowering carbs to 20) your body starts to naturally suppress the appetite but on this diet you must eat at least 1700 calories to lose. Tuesday I had a good appetite, ate more than I normally due and had snacks which I haven't having since the first week. Yesterday and today I have had to force myself eat. Never thought I would say that

LE - Good to see your back too!

LBH - I used huggies way back when for DD---can you believe she is 12 now...very scary

Have a great day!!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #25  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello!!

Alex has been taking hula lessons, I'm convinced of it!! He has been moving so hard that it has taken my breath a few times between last night and today!! It's so freaky!! I love it though, as long as he is moving I know he's OK. I weighed again last night and at 7 months I have only gained 5 pounds!! Yippee!!

Snackwell's has a new SF shortbread cookie that is actually GOOD. Course, you gotta like shortbread, but I think they are awesome.

Lauren: Yeah on Petey in the bassinet. Poor little tyke was just cold!! I'm hoping that Alex is good in his!! How is the BF going? OK, here's a stupid question. I have not talked to our HR department because JACHO (accredidation organization) is coming and they are nutso. State checks? For maternity leave? Really? Supplemental STD? From your job? Really? Whoa. Do you collect anything close to your normal salary? I've already warned DH that we are only going to be getting about 66%. I could stand to be pleasantly surprised!!

RR: I'm sorry you are sick. Drink lots of fluids and stay as warm as you can. I totally feel for you. Hope Kaylee doesn't get it.

Rabbit: Good luck!! Hope weigh in goes well.

Ellie: Yeah on doing so well on the program!! Keep it up!! You can do it. The first week sounds the hardest.

Have a great night!!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:12 PM   #26  
LBH

Hi All,

Karen- Congrats on only gaining 5 lbs.!! JACHO...that's the Joint Commision, right? I remember from when I worked at the hospital. That's like the FDA coming to audit my company...everyone's on their toes and stressed out!!
NJ pays 66% of your salary for 4 wks. before due date and 6 wks. after delivery (8wks. for C/S). Say your doctor puts you out 4 wks. before and you're late, say 5 wks...they still pay you. My company offers supplemental STD pay, to bring it to 80%. I had to elect this option when we renewed our health plan this year, it costs to have it, but the benefit far out-weighs the cost. Unfortunately they would not approve me for supplemental STD for the time before delivery, because it's not good enough for them that I was PG, I had to have complications. I guess they expected me to work until I was in labor!!
But for the state, it's good enough that you're PG, no need for complications!
OH, and they're pretty quick! I called the state yesterday to find out the status of my claim...tapping my fingers because the rent is due, along with a bunch of other stuff, and we have NO money. They received my claim on 1/29/03 and issued 3 checks on 2/4/03...I got 2 yesterday and 1 today!! They tell you it takes up to 14 days to process, so I was shocked. Now I have to have the midwife office fill out this P30 form to continue benefits, now that I've delivered (got that form yesterday also!) So I dropped that off and will p/u tomorrow and send it in. Hopefully there won't be too much of a lapse in time between checks.
The state pays every 2 wks. and does not take taxes out.

Ellen- Hope you get your cycle straightened out soon! I've never heard anything good from anyone that's been on Depo!

Rabbit- Hope you drank the bloating away and the scale cooperated!!
Old 02-07-2003, 12:45 PM   #27  

Hi all,

What a day, I am having been waiting for the doctor to call me back about DD for the past two hours. She has some kind of infection in her breast, not a common thing for a 12 year old. I started her on antibodics last night. I don't feel as bloated as I did yesterday but my appetite is still zero. Being worried about DD isn't helping that either.

RR - Hope you are feeling better

LBH - Glad you got your checks

Rabbit - The one good thing I have managed to accomplish is drinking my water. It does help with the bloating. I hope the scale goes your way.

Karen - My daughter was very active in the womb too, sometimes felt like "Alien" I kept waiting for her to just pop out!

Ellen
Old 02-07-2003, 02:00 PM   #28  

Karen--Just a warning...Kaylee was always supper active and now my little "Clingon-Velcro baby" never wants to be still!!! IF she is in the carrier, it is moving, the cradle vibrating, the car-screams at redlights and stop signs!!!She loves constant motion!!!U R doing great with the weight gain..Now dont be alarmed if U get a few pounds in the end...It will be gone quickly!!!I also got 12 weeks paid leave and then $2000/month more for STD...They paid me 8 weeks worth for having a C-section...Hope U R surprised with some extra cash!!!!

Ellie--Keep us posted about DD..Hope all is better!! Very rare for being soo young also..

WEll..gotta run...Not feeling too great and the tylenol is kicking in!!!! Off to nap...Too scared to take the sinus meds sooo having trouble with the nose!!
Lauren--Do U know of a list on the website or from memory or a book of approved meds while BF'ing?????Let me know please!!!
RR
Old 02-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #29  

RR- http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T028500.asp#T028508 this is a chart from meds while BF'ing, hope you feel better.

Spoke to the doctor, actually said this was a common thing in puberty. he said she probably didn't need the antibodics (I will keep her on them anyway) and that she will probably get it in the other breast within the next month. I still think it is an infection but he did ease my mind a little. He said that if it gets any worse over the weekend to call on Monday. He also said to check her bras and make sure they fit properly. I can't keep up her, I think she is either a 36C or 38B. Maybe she needs a bigger size .

Wow....we just had a sonic boom...kinda scary given the world situation.

We had a potlock today and I stayed OP! I made low carb Chili and cornbread. It was a big hit and the only ones who knew it was LC were the ladies with are doing it with me.

Ellen
Old 02-07-2003, 04:31 PM   #30  
Donna

Hello All,

Did well at WW last week, but then came down with the flu or something so laid around like a slug for a couple of days. K came back on Friday night. He complained it was rainy and 40 in Louisanna (sp?), I told him it could have been worse, it was single digits and snowy here. Did really well at WW on Tues, but then started TOM yesterday so was feeling real ichy. If it's not one thing its another.

LE and RR - hope you're feeling better quick.

Ellen - I stopped the Depo about a year ago (I loved it but for the side effect of lack of desire not good for a newlywed) it took my body about 3-4 months to get back on track, but I wasn't taking bc pills. Good luck!

Liz - Thinking about you and everyone down there. So sad .

Rabbit - Hope your WI went well yesterday.

Talk to you all later.

- Tech
Closed Thread