Old 09-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #16  

Last night, drop dead after work, but I read something interesting....you know that capsaicin from chilly pepper raise your metabolism, burning more calories?
That calorie burning substances (capsaicin, green tea,coffee) are used in dieting and weight lose programs.

Last edited by Jessica21; 10-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Jessica21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #17  

Default acelerate metabolism

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm looking also for some advice cause I'm not active, I don't have time for me even for a little walk, I'm not looking for some miracle but I want something that can help me to increase my metabolism!!
johanne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:26 PM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I sit in front of a computer all day too. I do make time after work or before to get some gym or classes in but not as much as i would like too. If you can't you just need to get creative with sitting at your desk. Get an exercise ball and replace your chair for an hour. Always focus on your posture, this alone will help you core. Do some balancing exercises while reading emails, scoot to the edge of your chair, balance your arms out parallel to the ground and raise your legs up keeping your abs tight. looks silly but it's almost like meditating. :-) Bring in several cans of soup in the summer to keep at your desk for lunch, use them for weights and do some shoulder presses. This all sounds silly but it's creative, fun and is a little something at least ;-)
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #19  
For My Boys!

S/C/G: 207/196/150

Height: 5'6

Office jobs are the worst for staying thin. People are always bringing in junk. It seem like there is a potluck every other week. I am fortunate that I have a private office. During lunch time I close the door and try to eat and fit in a 20 minute or so workout. But walking during lunch especially when it is nice outside is great too. Good luck!
khumphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:22 AM   #20  
My Dress Fits!

S/C/G: 150/128/121

Height: 5'6"

Hi there (1st post eek!). I also sit on my backside all day in front of a laptop. Once I started to lose a little weight I found I was more aware of my body and so started to think about my posture and helping my core out whilst checking emails etc.

But, I really think you have to do some kind of exercise away from work. I am no fan of gyms, or equipment so have been working on 5 simple exercises (from Marks Daily Apple). As a beginner (who is huffing and puffing a LOT!) it is only taking about 15 to 20 mins to do twice a week.

Fitting such a short burst of exercise into the week should be possible for most of us. And, since these are all strength exercises they produce results quickly and give you a goal on improving your number of reps, or time held easily.

I've always been terrible at regular exercise, but having a goal each time (such as one day I might actually manage a chin-up!) has been brilliant motivation.

Strength exercises are making my body firmer than it's been my whole adult life, so I am a total convert.
AllieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #21  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

google "desk pilates" (if you can from work)

it's a series of stretches and things that you can do sitting in your desk chair. i used them when i was told to stay off my feet after i tore a ligament in my ankle. each section is about 7 minutes, the whole thing is about 30 minutes. if your officemates look at you funny ask them to roll up their chair and join you
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #22  

Default Office job

I am still at work....
Thank you for the suggestion and explanation,and I have a few questions for you...i will reed about Herbafast, but do you know the usage of that preparation? Is there some special diet?
I read last week about capsaicin and green tea, about their thermogenes effect, but I could not find any preparation that contains both capsaicin and green tea!!!
Thank you Lilly78
Jessica21 is offline   Reply With Quote