I'm back, need to press "restart"

• Hi Everyone,
    I took a break from this board (I used to post daily). Anyway, big mistake! I am up to 153, I got down to 141. I was stalled at 141 for months, and got frustrated that all my hard work wasn't getting me to goal. I haven't been going nuts, but for the last 5 months have have not been counting calories (I do "watch" what I eat though), not coming to 3FC daily, and not exercising like I had been. A lot of my excuses have come from the summer. Drinks outside, vacations, ect.

I'm recommitting to getting back on track! Today I'm starting to track everything again. Instead of just grabbing lean cuisines like I have been I am making a shopping list and am going to cook healthy delicious meals again. I am also going to workout 3 times per week mimimum, and check in on this board everyday (it really does help)!

Thanks for letting me type this out. I'm actually very excited to get going again!
  • Right on Shytown! I think fall is the best time for a reload. I am starting one myself (the 5-10 lb challenge in maintainers). And we're the same height and goal numbers, coincidentally! I also get frustrated that the last 10 are so difficult to lose, and it's hard not to let that frustration spiral into self destruction. But we can do it.
  • Thanks for posting ShyTownGal, I have been really down lately as I cannot seem to get this scale to budge. Doing everything right and seeing nothing getting any better. I was about to give up, and just focus on kepeing on track but not be so obsessive about checking in, daily, weighing, etc. Your post has told me that its important that I stick to my guns and keep with it! Welcome back!
  • I am glad you posted this because I needed to see that someone else has had to restart like me. I am going to recommit myself to this journey again also. I have restarted so many times but it's always in May when summer is approaching. This will be the first time I am restarting in Fall and I think it's perfect actually!!!

You seem to have lost so much weight already, what a wonderful accomplishment!!

Maybe we can help each other out.
  • Thanks everyone! I think the fall is easier to lose weight! Nothing to do but stay inside and workout! I just joined a zumba class this week. Tonight was my first night and I really enjoyed it. It didn't seem like an entire hour. I guess my only worry is that while it was a good workout it didn't seem that incredibly challenging! Maybe that's because my other workout is 30 day shred... which is killer!
  • In the same boat
    This summer KILLED me. Devastated that I will be entering fall no better than I did last year.

This summer was action packed and I found myself completely unable to stick to any sort of regime.

I'm starting over again and looking forward to Christmas as a goal to lose 15.

GOOD LUCK!!! It's comforting knowing people are going through the same thing!
  • I am totally in the same boat, and was so glad to read this post today! Today I rededicated myself to the process of changing the way I live. I know you are going to do great Shytowngal!!!! Looking forward to seeing your final goal pics!
  • Me too - I was doing so well, then hit a 3 month plateau, had alot of work stress and got totally derailed. Good news- I maintained my loss, but not by eating properly or exercising. So I will be pushing restart with all of you, and maybe by Christmas...