Old 08-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #16  
Onederland Bound!

S/C/G: 254/Ticker/200

Height: 5'3

Online dating is like any other form of dating: It is what you make it to be! You can find losers and jerks in bars just as fast as you can find them online but it's whatever "scene" you are most comfortable with that matters. My only advice is to be completely honest via full length photo and what you write in your profile. Oh and I will also add that I met my Husband on POF and we'll be married 4 years this December

Last edited by SweetTreat80; 08-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.
SweetTreat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/309/150

Height: 5'5

I met the love of my life on Facebook in a Dallas Cowboys group. My weight didn't matter to him. He supports me 100%! There are nice guys out there, just have to weed through the bad ones to find them. Good luck!!
2CuteToBeFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #18  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesNV View Post
^agree. okcupid.com is a good one and is completely free, as well.
i found my husband on okcupid when i was 300 pounds. i can't complain a bit about online dating

edit to add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CuteToBeFat View Post
There are nice guys out there, just have to weed through the bad ones to find them. Good luck!!
this is so very true. any venue you use to meet someone, you're gonna have to kiss a bunch of frogs to find a prince. whether it's speed dating, internet dating, going out and about... you will find creepers and jerks, and genuine guys too. don't stress it too hard. i find the old saying about "it will find you when you least expect it" to be true. i met my husband about a month after a bad break up and swearing off guys forever. heh.

Last edited by konfyoozed; 08-15-2011 at 06:48 PM.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 287/265/200

Great picture+Great profile= dating success!

Picture: I would always do 4 pictures (Or more if I could!) Two face shots from a few different angles and a few full body shots again, different angles. Always dressed up for a family function, a night out with the girls.. what have you. I was 300 pounds and knew how to work my angles.

Profile:Play up your positives! Don't forget to mention you're plus sized (never go into exact weight!) Some dudes can be...not bright and not realize you're plus, even though your pictures obviously show that you are. Keep it upbeat, fun, lively and interesting! You have one chance to catch a guys attention, Be the profile that stands out among a sea of other women!
Just Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledartgirl View Post
I think it's a total double standard for guys. I have met a lot of guys online who advertise themselves as "Fit" or "athletic" body types that are 30-40 lbs. overweight. It totally annoys me when I show up to meet in person and while I have advertised myself as "overweight" they are totally turned off by me when I'm shocked that they look the way I do. Just be honest here. I also think its a cultural norm that men are expected to be a few lbs. overweight and it's "OK" but as soon as a woman has a few extra lbs on her she's undateable. I clearly have some body image issues I'm working on. LOL. What do you think?
Women certainly have the pressure to stay more trim. Yes people like all shapes and sizes, but women overall are expected to stay smaller than men. It's really unfortunate!
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/183/125

Height: 5'4"

I agree with the posters who suggested including a few pictures and at least one recent body shot-that way you're giving the guy a chance and limiting the chances of the guy being surprised by your size when you meet.

But beware, a lot of guys online are not interested in looking for a relationship-they want a hookup or a friends with benefits situation. A lot of these guys will even pretend to be into you just long enough for you to start getting into them and then they'll change.

I guess 30 hits and we start hearing the clock ticking LOL. I'm in the same boat. I'd love to meet a great guy and get hitched (again, long story) and have kids. I feel like I have every other part of the little girl inside me's dream (great career, friends, trendy place) but prince charming is an elusive character.
Aileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 299/268/145

Height: 5'4

I met my husband 3 years ago this month on okcupid.com. We talked online for a week then met in person and now have an adorable 18 month old son. It can work but I think sometimes it's like spinning a roulette wheel. I never expected to have any luck with it but I kept trying and it ended up working out.
Kierra is offline   Reply With Quote