Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:52 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Default My scale has an evil sense of humor...

Woke up this morning and started my routine...turned on the shower to wait for the water to warm up and then stepped on the scale. Scale read 175.0. In my half asleep state, it didn't dawn on me as odd at first. I stepped off and then realized "wait, I was 185 yesterday"...175??!! So I reset the scale and stepped on again...175. Hmm. Refusing to believe it, but secretly getting excited about the biggest possible WOOSH I've ever had (I know, not realistic, but I was half asleep, LOL), I reset the scale again and stepped on for the 3rd time...184.3. Okay. That makes more sense, LOL! Not sure what my scale was smoking this morning, but I bet my fat cat isn't innocent. He's always hanging around the bathroom in the morning and he likes to sit on my scale. No, he doesn't weigh 175lbs (20lbs...but there's no way I'll be able to convince him to IF or low carb, LOL) but he's my best guess, so I'm going with it.

But alas, 0.7lbs of scale movement this morning. Although 175 was a tease, I made a mental note to enjoy looking at that number because I'd be there soon enough!

On another note - a girl in my office came up to me yesterday and said "have you lost like a TON of weight recently?"...I grinned and said that I had. It's the first person in my office to acknowledge the change. I'd started to wonder if it was even noticeable, although I work with mostly men, so I think they're socially programmed to never comment on a woman's weight (especially at work). I was very excited. I've never been shy or sensitive about my weight and have always talked openly of my struggles to battle my PCOS and lose weight, so I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned my weight loss. Doesn't really matter...I know I'm smaller because I feel smaller and it's nearly time to buy smaller pants (already bought smaller tops).
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #107  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

S/C/G: 285/205/160

Height: 5' 6"

Taking a day off from everything. Eating everything and not exercising.
Back to it tomorrow, if not please yell at me.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #108  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdaysofdiets View Post
Jen - great job with your goals yesterday! Sorry you're having a rough day today with your scale. Weight fluctuations are so dang annoying. Glad to hear your milk supply is improving for you!! That must be a relief!!

ItsMy - I always thought AZ was hot and dry...surprised to hear you referring to humidity. The heat and humidity combo is awful. We get a good dose of that every summer and it's brutal...drives the heat index right up and makes me retain ridiculous amounts of fluid, especially in my hands for some reason.

I've had a pretty good weekend - keeping on plan and catching up with workouts. My weight didn't move this morning, but it did hold at 185.2, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you for your support about my grandmother. It will be a long road and we have a lot of decisions to make. From what I gather, when my grandmother was young, people didn't as commonly make end of life plans like we do now (wills, power of attorneys, assisted living savings and preferences, etc), so it's a bit daunting to now have to make those decisions on her behalf with limited input from her. We'll get through it and find our new routines, I'm sure.
AZ usually IS dry and hot, but during monsoon season (which we are experiencing now), we do get humidity and more than enough for my liking. The combo is killer on my lungs, so I do a ton inside... I just miss the outside activities
Old 08-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #109  
~Star~

WI today - 206.4, that's 2.2Lbs loss. Not quite what I was hoping for since the doctor's office had me at 205, but that's ok, it's still a good loss for me
Old 08-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #110  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Wow, I only gained 1lb... After all I ate yesterday, that's insane! Hahahahahahahaha!!

(PS: Nope, not getting cocky and considering tempting fate again--back on track today!)

Last edited by m3rma1d; 08-17-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #111  
~Star~

m3 - Glad you were able to splurge a day and not get too many reprocussions It's always good to see your hard work on metabolic rate pay off on occassions like that
Old 08-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #112  
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdaysofdiets View Post
On another note - a girl in my office came up to me yesterday and said "have you lost like a TON of weight recently?"...I grinned and said that I had. It's the first person in my office to acknowledge the change.
That musta felt GREAT!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #113  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Height: 5'4"

206.4!

And 6 miles walked so far this week!

Last edited by shalyn; 08-17-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #114  
~Star~

Great job Shalyn!!! Keep on walking! You are walking the pounds right off girl!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #115  
Optimistic.

ItsMyTurn- I sure hope the pounds just melt right off in this heat. I don't want to lose this motivation! Looks like we're at exactly the same weight today!
Old 08-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #116  
~Star~

And I was so happy Shalyn... I started out a bit disappointed at the number until I realized that I have now lost 30Lbs!!!! I wasn't sure I could be successful at this, but 30Lbs I think, is a bit huge for me I am so glad you are having total success too!!!! This is a tough run, but we are all winning
Old 08-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

myturn, 30 lbs is awesome. YOU GO GIRL! you haven't lost 30 lbs since July of this year have you?

Shalyn, yay on the success.

Dogdays, what a freaking tease--my scale did that to me today too! said 185. I almost had a heart attack. I knew it wasn't right, but like you---it gives me vision. However, the scaled did say 191.6!!! NEW LOW.. I know I have popping up with that like crazy lately. I don't know what is going on, but I'll take it.

m3, it is good to take a refeed day. Good job on seeing it won't ruin everything.

afm, like I said, a new low, I broke my fast at 7:30 pm yesterday, which led me to being very hungry. I ate lots of cottage cheese and carbs.. I am suprised to be a pound down...but I will take it! I am so close to losing 10 lbs, and then I am really close to be my prepreg weight. less than 10 lbs to 183. So excited.

I haven't done any exercises except the normal chores and shopping, so I am going to try to do some resistance tonight.

Last edited by jendiet; 08-17-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

m3 - glad you're back on track after enjoying a day off.

itsmy - yay for your 2.2lb loss!!! You've had a busy couple weeks; I'm amazed that you've continued to make progress through that stress. A HUGE congratulations on hitting the 30 pound milestone. It's a big one...I bet your clothes are falling off you now!

shalyn - congrats on your new low! You're getting so close!!!!!

jen - your scale must be my scale's twin evil stepsister. Congrats on your new low this morning! I'm glad to see your efforts turning into a consistent woosh for you. You've been working so hard!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #119  
~Star~

Jen - no, the 30 Lbs has been since April (with taking from May 24-July 1st off due to the folks visiting from Maine).. so been a little while, but I will still take it! Totally pumped! It sounds like your scale likes to totally mess with you, LOL! I am glad to keep hearing you say "new low"...that's so exciting!!!!

dogdays - I actually am down 2 sizes since I started. The first size difference wasn't a hard adjustment cause a co-worker of mine gained to my old size as I shrank to her old size... so we swapped clothes This last size down, I just resorted to the clothes I had in my closet from when we first moved to AZ almost 6 yrs ago that I haven't been able to wear So again, covered...LOL! The next size will be a kicker though, no clothes laying around for that one - so will only buy what I have to in order to make it through. Fortunately I am pretty good at altering clothing, so that will pull me through a bit too. I did have to get new undies though, LOL! Couldn't understand why they kept bulching up on me until I saw how totally bad they hung and was like... hmmmm, never thought about THIS part of the weight loss, LMBO!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #120  
Optimistic.

Thanks guys!

m3- it's good to plan an off day every now and then!

ItsMyTurn- 30 lbs is amazing! Don't be disappointed about 2.2 lbs...at least your moving in the right direction! Awesome job!

Jen- congrats on the new low! You're sooo close to that 2nd goal weight!

dogdays- my scale did something similar. It said i weighed .3. Had to get a new one!
Closed Thread