Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #541  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I'm supposed to be making a grocery list but thought I'd sneak off and check up on everyone!

Transforming - I am PEA green with envy! I LOVE WDW!!! And I honestly wouldn't worry too much about food. You will be walking your bodonka-donk off each day in those parks! And I hope you guys have a fantastic and magical trip! (I havent been to WDW in about 5 years and I'm starting to get the "itch" again!) That taco rack sounds neat! How did they come out?

Shalyn - you WILL be in Onderland next week! I just know it!

JenDiet - I can totally and completely relate. My ex-h did a number on my self esteem too and it took a LONG LONG time for me to get to any kind of happy place. What you are doing is for YOU and only you and it is something to be proud of.

Momwanna - I think those days happen to us all. BTDT as well. But we just keep moving on!

DogDays - Glad you found some great deals and had a great night with hubby! I just love Kohl's too. I shop there almost exclusively for clothes (and can't wait to get out of women's sizes too eventually). That babysitter does sound like a keeper!

AFM... I'm kinda sad the weekend is almost over. But at least I have Dexter and Boardwalk Empire to look forward to tonight. Scale still stayed at 225 this morning and I'm super pumped that I actually did 45 minutes on the elliptical at the gym yesterday. I don't usually do that much (usually only 35 min or so) because the Y is usually packed. Well yesterday morning there was NO one there and I'm assuming that's because the LSU game started so early. So I took advantage and did an extra 10 minutes. It's not much but it's more than I usually do and I'm pretty darn proud of it.

I'm actually toying with the idea of starting the c25K tomorrow. I had tried it once before about a year ago and I got up to week 3 I think. I gave it up because my knees were hurting. But now I'm about 6 weeks into the diet/lifestyle change so I think I'm gonna give it another shot. It may be a pipe dream but I want to see ONEderland by new years.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #542  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

Jen- I understand what you mean about "pretty clothes". You deserve to buy some pieces that make you feel good along the way to your goal weight...it'll motivate you! I desperately need new jeans, all of mine are saggy in the bottom area!

geauxgirl- I'm so excited about Dexter tonight!

dogdays- sounds like you had a great night out with your husband. Size 10's...awesome! I can't wait to get where you are!

Thanks for all the congrats & happy dancing! It feels pretty good to have maintained my new low of 202 for 3 days now! I don't know about Onderland next week but I'm definitely planning to be there in November! I'm setting my goal low so I don't set myself up for failure. So I think 4 lbs in 30 days is a good goal for me right now since I've been losing so slowly. I lost about 3.5 lbs in September. Better than nothing!

I did pretty well with eating for the last few days. I planned to eat some less than healthy things today because I brought my daughter to this indoor bouncy house place that serves hot dogs and nachos (which I enjoyed with chili and cheese) so I set my eating window from 1-5pm to compensate. I also ate a veggie wrap in a low carb tortilla & small piece of cheesecake! Even with all that I think I stayed under 100 carbs today. I might have a yogurt later so I don't decide to eat whatever I cook for my husband for supper. I am doing IF again but my window is at different times and different lengths every day. I try to never eat past 7 pm and usually don't eat before 9 am. The window is no more than 8 hours long. Enough boring details, I think I wanted to type that out for myself. So there it is!

Anyway...hope everyone had a great day!

Last edited by shalyn; 10-02-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #543  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Transforming - I could talk Disney all day, LOL! My girls are 7 (8 in five days!) and 11.5, so they're still ripe for WDW. They loved both cruises (first one was on the Magic to the Caribbean) and are fantastic little travelers. Taking them to Alaska was incredible. They loved it as much as DH & I did. It was simply breathtaking and we enjoyed every single minute. I'm so excited you're going in 2013. You will NOT be disappointed. We went out of Vancouver, but I think future trips will go out of Seattle starting this summer. However, we flew r/t to Seattle because it was far cheaper ($3K less!), so we toured Seattle for 2 days (had never been there) and then took a shuttle up to Vancouver. Vancouver was gorgeous as well. My DH is a big wildlife photographer (hobby), so he spent a lot of time taking pics...5,000 pics to be exact, LOL! Just an amazing, amazing trip. So much magic - I would happily relive it in a nanosecond if I could. Disney just knows how to do it right! And no, you can't forget the pirate costumes - so much fun! We didn't take ours to Alaska because we were trying to cut down on the luggage quantity, but we dressed up as pirates for our Caribbean cruise and it was a blast! The servers enjoyed our effort and teased us through dinner.

geauxgirl - I'm sad the weekend is nearly over too. Blah! Great job on your workout yesterday! An extra 10 minutes is fabulous!! Let us know how you make out with the c25k.

shalyn - I think 4 pounds a month is a VERY reasonable expectation! That's a pound/week and very significant. I hope you have a chance to go jean shopping soon - well fitting jeans can make a girl smile.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #544  
Optimistic.

S/C/G: Inches: 47"/44.25"/37"

I think about food constantly and relate it to every thing throughout my day. Shopping involves a snack, doctor visits involve a trip to the hospital cafeteria (cos they have awesome food), etc. I realized that food is constantly on my mind. While I'm eating, I'm already looking forward to the next meal.. Has food become my life? I don't want that anymore.

I've started using that to plan more effectively. If I'm looking forward to a meal I've preplanned I tend to eat less between meals. I'm rambling again.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #545  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

transforming - Nothing wrong with Disney - it's an encourager of wholesome fun and cute characters! I am right there with ya!!!!

Jen - You have worked so hard and DESERVE to feel as pretty as you are... in my opinion, inside and out

momwannabe - I'm sorry you also had a "down" day. Today though, the world and success are at your feet!!!

dogdays - not a better feeling then knowing the kiddos are happy and well-cared for while you are out! Super job on the size 10! How amazing for you!!!!

geauxgirl - Great job on the elliptical!!! You are doing so awesome at your progression!

Shalyn - I am blowing up the balloons for the party, setting the games up, and plan on dancing you happily on into onederland!!!! You so got this!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:17 PM   #546  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone! Yay for a better day. I decided to just forget the weekend and "restart" as from today. hey, if you can do it to the computer, I'm sure we can do it to! BUT: that said, I didn't get to gym tonight Will get there tomorrow.

Everyone seems to be doing well! You're all superstars, keep it up!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

gg, just be careful with your knees. If you want to start the plan, make sure you have a checkup as to why your knees hurt so much.

shalyn, unfortunately since our goal is losing weight--many things in our life are set around that goal. We always eat late, so I have to plan around that.

transforming, I'm not really into the disney thing, but anything in which you can have fun with your children is a blessing to me.

itsmy, you keep inspiring me to keep going.

afm: totally blah. I saw 191.6 again on the scale, and I think I peed 30 times yesterday, plus, I ate mostly healthy low carb foods, except for a cup of icecream and some dark chocolate. What do I have to show for it? Up in weight, and I am HUNGRY.

My milk supply is acting funny AGAIN. I think I am going to try eating low carb during the whole day and stop IF for 2 weeks or so.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:26 PM   #548  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Geauxgirl, Thank you so much. I made the hard tacos. They are awesome! Nice and crunchy! Held their form, didn't break up or make a mess. The only thing is, the directions are off. It says to microwave the 4 corn tortillas in a damp paper towel for 10 seconds, you need more like 40 seconds, rotate them every 10 seconds, you need them soft and moist to fold over the rack. The directions say to bake for 7 mins. They need 10 mins (in case anyone was interested in buying one). The weekend went by too fast, I was sad to see it go too. Especially when I am off on Mondays, and my husband works. GREAT job on your workout. Every min counts!
Shalyn, 1 lb a week is good. You are moving in the right direction. It isn't a race. You are doing GREAT!

Dogdaysofdiets. Omg, I can too. I was trying to keep my previous post to you short! That was HARD! haha Your girls are perfect ages for WDW. I wish my two were little again. Yes, we will be going to Seattle. Since Grey's Anatomy, I wanted to go to Seattle. I am silly! LOL I can't wait! That is great you saved so much money. Definitely worth it! I would have done the same thing. Wow, you must have a lot of GREAT photos. I know you love that! That is awesome! I will definitely take lots of pics. Nice memories! Yes, I wouldn't miss dressing up for pirate night. Especially since I lost this much weight. We went shopping last night. Couldn't find any nice quality pirate costumes. Some were $60 + and were not that good. I ended up buying a white button up dress shirt, the arm sleeves are peasant style, a black top for over, and a light green peasant skirt, that has some sequins on it, black boots, and some fabric (blackish fabric with silver sequins, VERY sparkly) to make a sash for around my waist, and a bandana around my head. Stopped at Joanns to buy stuff to make some jewelry. Wait until you see my necklaces! I will be working on them when I get off here. LOL My husband has a white dress shirt, black leather vest, black pants, (ordered Jack Sparrow boots online), and I bought red velvet fabric for his sash, and bandana, eye patch and a hoop earing. All of the pirate hats I came across were too little. I still need to find a Skull and cross bones, to make him a necklace. Can you believe I haven't found one?? I wanted a rhinestone encrusted one. Heck I will take any kind at this point, even plastic. I haven't seen any. I have checked keychains, necklaces, other decorative items, because I can remove it and add a split ring etc. I still have time. I can't believe we are leaving next week. I have so much to do! Sorry for the book.

momwannabe, I hope today is a better day for you. Keep moving forward, and never look back. That is my motto.

Jen, sometimes little things do that to you. I stay away from anything with sugar. It just gets you craving.

As for me, just dealing with TOM, and enjoying my day off. Went to 2 thrift stores today. I found 2 brand new with tags Loft (Ann Taylor) button up sweaters, they look like angora (soft with a little fur), for $4 each (originally $8 but today was 1/2 price day), a pair of Olf Navy Diva jeans, for $3.50,omg this fit is awesome, my favorite jeans so far, and 2 other button up shirts, $2.50 each. Not much there today, but I am happy! I am not looking foward to work this week. LOL

Hope everyone has a GREAT night!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #549  
~Being Positive~

S/C/G: 238/211/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone, I am just joining this thread and my goal is to reach onederland by Thanksgiving. I am currently 218 so I hope I can lose 19 lbs in a month-&-a-half! My mini goal right now is to start back jogging on the treadmill and be able to go for 2-3min , then I will work my way up to jogging a mile.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #550  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Caramel - Hi there!!!! Onederland is right around the corner

momwannabe - Show that gym who is the boss tomorrow

Jen - You are so sweet! Thank you for always making me smile It sounds like switching it up a bit might be just what you need

transforming - Those are some kicking deals!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #551  

Caramel33, hi and welcome! You will do great!

Itsmyturn, Yes it was. I am very happy.

I forgot to post my other great deal! I wanted new makeup for my trip. I went to Ulta today, they had a deal spend $15 in Cover Girl products, get a free Cover Girl mascara ($9 value), I ended up buying Covergirl mineral powder ($9), CG eye shadow trio cool colors ($5), CG eye shadow warm colors ($8), blush/cool color ($4), blush/warm color ($4) Free CG mascara ($9), used 3 coupons, Ulta coupon save $5 on $10 purchase, and 2 manufacturer coupons $8 on 2 Cover girl products ($16 total). I got everything for $9.78 ($43.xx before coupons)! I was super happy! I could have had a lower total, if I bought less expensive powder, and didn't buy the eyeshadow for brown eyes (set w/brush).
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

shalyn - I can relate to the food thoughts. I've had similar issues, which have made dieting very hard in the past. I still have rough days where I think about the things I choose not to eat anymore (but would LOVE to), but it's gotten a bit easier with time. All I can say is - hang in there and know you're not alone - food doesn't have to rule your life if you choose to take charge.

momwannabe - LOVE your attitude today. Good for you!! Don't worry about missing the gym today - keep your focus. Glad you hit the "reboot" button, LOL!

Jen - sorry to hear about your bounce. I bounced up a pound this morning too...been a rough week of retention and bouncing for me; I know your pain and frustration. Sorry to hear about your milk supply challenges. How frustrating. Does low carb eating promote milk supply - is that related to insulin resistance? Just curious because, as you know, I have IR/PCOS and just recently learned that some women with PCOS struggle with lactating, but I'm not sure why (hormones?). I was one of them - my milk never came in with either of my girls (zero, zippo, zilch, nada...not even engorgement), so I had to go the formula route.

Transforming - Seattle was fun. We did the touristy stuff, like the Space Needle and Pike's Market. It's a beautiful city - very clean and easy to explore. Love the sound of your pirate outfits! You'll have to post pics of your necklaces - how fun!! Great bargains you found today at the consignment shop! I wish we had decent consignment shops nearby. I checked out the two in my town and both were more teenager geared and they didn't have much in the way of career wear (unless you consider Hollister sweatshirts to be career wear, LOL!). They did have good prices though. Fabulous deal on makeup you got - I'm impressed!! I'm pretty hardcore with the coupons, but you've got me beat, LOL!

Caramel - WELCOME!!!!! Thanks for joining us - 19 pounds is a big goal, but it's definitely doable. I started at 217 on Memorial Day and hit 199 on July 4th. Good luck with your journey!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:38 AM   #553  

dogdaysofdiets, I will definitely post pics. I have 2 thrift stores nearby, but I rarely find anything at them. The one that is 1/2 price on Mondays is about a 30 min drive, and the other is near my sisters house, about 40 mins, then there is a huge one called Savers, it is about 1 hr drive (all of them in different directions. LOL). To some people that is too far to drive, but I do not mind it. I love to coupon shop. I use to do it all of the time. I would line up deals/coupons weeks in advance (I am on a couple coupon forums too). I use to buy 50 newspapers every Sunday ($1 at Menards), and anything extra on Ebay. I stockpiled my house, gave some to family/friends and even sold some at the flea market/garage sale....it was crazy! I would like to get into it again, but just to get what we need. It is so much fun, figuring out the deals, and coming up with better scenarios. This past Sunday paper had a lot of great coupons, but I only bought 2 newspapers. That Covergirl $8 off 2 products coupon is a GREAT one, so I went on Ebay last night, they are selling for about $1 each (auction of 5 is $5, auction of 10 is $10), I did manage to get 20 for $11.99 shipped. I can't pass up free/cheap makeup. LOL CVS has a sale on Covergirl buy 1 get 50% off the second one (does not include eyeshadow or eyeliner). If you buy duo eyeshadow, or single blush, I am sure you can find it free at some stores. They expire on 10/31, I am sure someone will have a good sale before then. Wanted to say, if you have a Walgreens, and get catalina/register rewards (coupon money good on your next order), you can use them at other stores. Jewel, and Dominicks (huge grocery store chain) accepts them. I had so many great deals at Walgreens, that my groceries were completely paid for, for weeks. I can coupon talk all day too! haha

As for me, I go back to work today. I hope the week goes by fast! LOL How is everyone doing? Hope you have a good day!
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #554  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Please start a new thread. This one is past the 500 post limit.
Closed Thread