3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Had a miscarriage and now I need to lose the extra weight! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/236731-had-miscarriage-now-i-need-lose-extra-weight.html)

Mitza24 06-28-2011 10:14 AM

Had a miscarriage and now I need to lose the extra weight!

Hi there,

Well starting AGAIN...I feel like I keep saying that but as long as I keep saying it, I guess its better than nothing. So put on some weight after I lost 20 pounds and then started trying for Baby #2. Got pregnant right away and didn't really care as much and bam....15 pounds on in a few months. But unfortuntely I had a miscarriage over the weekend and need to lose this extra weight before I try again. I know I need to lose weight slowly in order to keep it off. But since it will be put right back on again, any tips to try and lose 10-15 pounds in the next month or so would be great. Thanks for your support as always! Ann

bargoo 06-28-2011 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I wouldn't reccomend a crash diet. Eat sensible, nutritous food. Counting calories works best for me. A pound and a half to 2 pounds a week is about average. Good luck.

Mitza24 06-28-2011 11:03 AM

Yeah that's what I have been doing yesterday and today. Will be hitting the gym tonight to get a good work out in as well

jitterfish 06-29-2011 03:26 AM

Sorry for your loss, hope you and your family are ok.

Why do you feel like you have to lose the weight before you try again?

Mitza24 06-30-2011 03:40 PM

Well I really want to be in the upper 140's, 150's but I am 163 now so definitely want to lose some more weight before I gain a lot back

jitterfish 06-30-2011 04:06 PM

That makes sense, I was just wondering if someone had told you that you had to lose weight before trying again. I admire your attitude, I pretty much thought "well I know I'm going to gain weight again while pregnant, so no point trying to lose between pregnancies". I wish I was one of this woman that had will power while pregnant, but third trimester both kids all I wanted to do was eat eat eat.

Mitza24 06-30-2011 04:31 PM

Well the doctor did but she is a health nut so when I was 145 she told me to lose another 5-10 pounds and then I'll be good.

We'll see how it goes. I am trying but not my hardest unfortuntely.

jitterfish 06-30-2011 07:13 PM

Are you guys already TTC? Or are you waiting to lose weight before even trying? And how old is your little one (cute photo!)?

Mitza24 07-05-2011 10:51 AM

Eh at this point I really don't care to be honest. We are trying so if I lose some weight beforehand, it will be a bonus. :) Thanks. My daughter is 20 months now but this was from last summer. I'll have to put a new one up soon!

jendiet 07-06-2011 06:49 PM

mitza, i am so sorry for your loss. How far along were you? I just had a baby and know that i would be devastated if i lost a pregnancy. I admire your attitude but i don't think you have had enough time to grieve. I agree there is no reason to not try right away, but allow yourself some time to adjust to your loss.

Mitza24 07-07-2011 10:50 AM

I was only 8 weeks and really, I am ok. :)