Psyched to be working with a personal trainer again!

• So, I saw an online ad for an in home personal training company on a local website, and after some thought, I decided to give them a call. I talked with the trainer, who has certifications and sounds really nice (will probably kick my butt LOL), and I meet with him for a free consultation/evaluation this Friday. I am psyched! My last personal training experience went well but I had a medical issue which made me stop, which has since been resolved and that trainer can no longer take on clients due to being busy in grad. school. This guy sounds really good though and reasonable with his rates. I am a bit nervous about the weigh in, measurements, body composition, all that jazz, but I think it is for the best. I need to get this weight off and I really hope he can put a program together that can help me even though I know I have to do the work. I'm psyched though! I feel like I will have someone to help me in my weight loss and towards better health We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you all posted.
  • Well, I finally met with him today for a free consultation/evaluation. He is very nice and I think he can help me achieve my weight loss goals which we set together. I'm going to meet with him once a week. He did the body fat testing and measurements and I didn't do as badly as I was worried I may do My doctor is in favor of the personal training too and I feel really positive! I meet with the trainer on Tuesday for the first session In the meantime I am tracking my calories...we'll see!

• How did your first session go?
  • Thanks for replying envelope. It turns out he cancelled. I understand him having a flat tire, but it took him 2 days to reply to an email, and almost an entire day to reply to a phonecall the rare time that he returned my call, he mainly didn't return or answer my calls or emails. I let him know things aren't working out and I am finding a new trainer. I thought he was nice at first but looking back on it, I don't appreciate how he insisted that I do the body caliper fat measurements and the tape measurements. I would have liked that more be a decision I made on my own.

I have contacted another trainer who seems much nicer and approachable, and I think has more certifications. I am looking forward to working with him, I have a evaluation/consultation with him on Friday.
  • hope it all goes well and he puts a great program together for you!
  • Thanks aspenemry!

I met him today and he is really approachable, down to earth and knowledgeable. He gave me some advice and is going to put together a program for me, we meet for our first session Tuesday!
  • How'd it go today?
  • It isn't going to work out with either personal trainer. This one seemed like a good trainer though, he said I contacted him too often and needed too much attention which I feel guilty about but at least I can understand where he is coming from. Maybe personal training isn't right for me right now.

Thanks for asking.