plateau - need patience

• howdy! i am new on 3FC and from southern california. i have lost 35 pounds in the four months on weight watchers.

i have been exercising 4 times a week and sticking to the points plan pretty faithfully. i have been at the same weight for the last month. i am still losing inches, so i just need to be patient.

i am feeling great, and have used this plateau to go buy some new clothes to celebrate my success so far! twice a week i go to an exercise class and twice a week i jog two miles.

has anybody out there had any luck with changing up their diet, or the intensity of their exercise?! looking for support and any tips you might have. if i lose 30 more pounds, according to weight watchers, i won't be overweight anymore!

thanks so much!
  • Just wanted to send a "Welcome to 3FC" note out to you!

Congrats on the changes you've made so far!
  • Sounds like you know what you're doing! The 2 ways I've heard to deal with a plateau are 1) wait it out; 2) change it up. I've heard of people calorie cycling, which I suppose you could do with your points. Basically you have some lower calorie days, interspersed with some higher calorie days, just to keep your metabolism guessing. Your overall intake remains the same, just the distribution.

Congrats on your all your progress so far!
  • Don't give up and keep trying you will break through it.