Old 04-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/203/160

Height: 5'6''

Default No reply needed

I don't need a reply. I just wanted to spill my guts on this page and rid myself of these negative thoughts. I disgust myself. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing my reflection. I have no self-control. As I am eating whatever fattening thing that I know I am not suppose to have, negative thoughts are running through my head.

I have always had issues with my weight. One of my childhood memories as a teen was when my stepmom actually told me that white guys would like me if I just lost some weight. Like I need any guy just to like me because I am thinner.

Well, I hope I take advantage of this support. I do belong to the Y and love Zumba. Food is a major problem and I don't have a lot of $$$ to buy more healthy food. My family doesn't eat well and my kids (16, 7, 1) love junk and candy. Hope to find advice on eating health on a budget.
emmyjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #2  
Wear 9/10 by 9/10/11!!

S/C/G: 160/158/130or9-10inPants

Height: 5'4

Thumbs up

You CAN do this! We dont have a huge food budget either. Are you able to get on WIC? Even if your 1yr old isnt on formula, they will give you milk, eggs, even veggies now! That can help. Also, sometimes the local Farmers Markets in the summers will take WIC vouchers. I know ours will. (im not on WIC but i use to be) Another option would be to grow garden, even in an apartment you can grow a small window/balcony garden. If youre not on Foodstamps, perhaps look into that- even if you just get it to get the healthy foods to help you, its worth it.

on other notes- You are a Beautiful person and youre reaching out for love and support, youre doing it already! No one in my house is dieting and I have my own "stash" of healthy foods so when the kids are having ice cream, i can grab my air popped popcorn instead. When we have dinner, instead of Mac N cheese for me, i make a salad.
You CAN do this! <3
Morethananumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #3  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm the same... not a lot of extra cash for a special diet when you have a family to feed... surprisingly though it hasn't really cost me any extra... I just have to have the will power to eat my food not what I make for the rest of the family...
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 231.0/193.6/185.9

Height: 5'5

Flash frozen veggies are a huge staple of my diet ... just as nutritious as fresh and so much less expensive.
shanhat81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

I find since I am not eating out very often that I even though I am buying lots of fresh and healthy food choices that I am spending way less. Go to your local market, buy whats on sale, make and freeze... I find making a large pot of something I get tons of meals off it. Make a list with prices and only buy whats on your list. Make your own salads and that will give you lots of extra to cook with also. You can do it!!! I have two kids 4 and 3 my 4 year old gets healthy and loves it my son is learning... I have been putting veggies on his plate for 18 months and he would not eat it... he has tried them at least 20 times and just this week he has started eating corn and carrots! Kids often have to try a food dozen of times before they like it... just keep giving them the options.
There is a GREAT video on you tube by doctor oz explaining why kids love sugar.... google "you tube and Jorge Cruise and Dr. Oz talk about Sugar"
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote