Old 04-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/165/145

Height: 5'6

almost mid-month and my results are mixed. I have only lost 1.5 lbs (could it go any slower?!), but I have been doing my leg and butt work. My legs are already noticeably more defined and toned and stronger. Love it! Of course, this muscle gain could be contributing to the resistancy of my scale but I am okay with the trade off.

Also, I decided to re-do my approach to cardio this month. Instead of upping the time (which I did, and was fine with (was doing 4x per week)), I've decided to do 2 sessions of 12 minute HIIT on the eliptical per week. I also have Kettlebells class 2x per week, so that makes 4 sessions of HIIT. I will do one regular 30 minute session of cardio. I've done this for a week now and it seems to be working - I'm down to only 2 pair of work pants that still fit me
quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

I've always wanted to post my goals....Here they are:

My goals for April:

1. Keep doing my 5x a week 90 minute or 180 minute hike
2. Add 5-10 minute abdominal workout (type TBD) to routine before the last week in April.
3. Order 10 lb and 15lb weights for arms. I currently do zero strength training even though we have a home gym with weights and benches (all for my hubby). I'll give myself a start date of May to begin.
4. I'm going to relax but stay basically on-plan during our weekend get away. I'm increasing daily budget to 1700 calories for 2 days only, but back to 1300-ish on Monday.
5. I'd like to be 160-161-ish by the end of the month...so I really need to stick to goal #1 and get my exercise done daily!!

Good luck gals!
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by quix View Post
almost mid-month and my results are mixed. I have only lost 1.5 lbs (could it go any slower?!), but I have been doing my leg and butt work. My legs are already noticeably more defined and toned and stronger. Love it! Of course, this muscle gain could be contributing to the resistancy of my scale but I am okay with the trade off.

Also, I decided to re-do my approach to cardio this month. Instead of upping the time (which I did, and was fine with (was doing 4x per week)), I've decided to do 2 sessions of 12 minute HIIT on the eliptical per week. I also have Kettlebells class 2x per week, so that makes 4 sessions of HIIT. I will do one regular 30 minute session of cardio. I've done this for a week now and it seems to be working - I'm down to only 2 pair of work pants that still fit me
quix - it sounds like you are doing awesome! I, too, only have a couple of work pants that fit. I usually get at least one comment a week about having saggy butt pants on!

Hi StephinLA! I would def like to start adding in some strength training though I would probably have to start at 5 lbs.

LauraG - how is the 100 pushups challenge coming? I still want to join, I think I will start Monday.

This week is a bit slower than last week, I have only walked once at lunch though we are headed out today for our longer walk which is my favorite. 45 minutes and two states I also may be walking after lunch with my friend in the neighborhood but if not than a 20 minute video. Been fairly consistent with my tracking and besides Tuesday, no empty calories from alcohol.

My friend invited me out Friday night but I declined, my sis and I are starting a new pilates class Saturday morning and I don't want to come in hungover and/or hurting from eating too much the night before!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!
Apparently, I'm well on my way to meeting a few of my goals - the scale said 276 this morning - OMG! My official weigh in day is Monday, so I'm not counting my chicks until they hatch! (Water weight anyone?)

I have successfully done Day two of my push up and squat challenge, and I'm not nearly as sore for today's rest day. As for goal 3 with my little one, she was sick Tuesday and today we are supposed to get another foot of snow! WTF? It had all melted nicely last week, and here we go again. Canada, eh?

Jelma - please come join us - if you want to start on Monday, I suggest doing the initial test on Saturday or Sunday, so the actual challenge starts Monday. Good for you for turning down the temptation of going out!

Quix - don't you just feel sexy when you have good looking legs? One of my rewards when I'm down to 175 is to have lazer hair removal on my legs.

ShanIAm - how's your gym goal coming along? Going everyday is so ambitious! Keep up the great work!

A great big HEY YA to all the ladies I didn't do a personal to. (I actually really suck at personals - please don't take it 'personally'!!!)

Last edited by Laura G; 04-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Last week I managed walking 3X and pilates 2X. I started a new pilates class Saturday morning and will not be going back to that particular class, it was just way too difficult and I am still extremely sore. I like challenge but that was just ridiculous.

LauraG - still planning on joining you guys, I was going to do the initial test this weekend but since I can barely move I am going to start sometime this week, my sis also wants to do it.

This week I want to at least walk 3 times, do pilates 2 times and start the pushup challenge. I also am aiming to eat all my meals at home and again, lay off the booze. I hope that will get me down into the 140s by Friday!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Official WI day - moved my ticker down 3 lbs!
Not super excited about the push up challenge today, but I will get it done!
Jelma - keep me posted how it goes!
Laura G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:05 PM   #22  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I have three April goals which I really hope I can make!

Finally get on the “Top 5 Member” board at my gym. I want to be one of the people who visited the gym the most days in April. So far I only missed 1 day.

Fit into the size 8 pants that have been hanging in my closet for a few weeks. They are blood flow stopping tight right now.

Resist eating peeps and other Easter related candy cruelly stacked next to the salad bar at my favorite grocery store.

OK, I'm checking in as it pertains to my April goals so far.

I have now missed 2 days at the gym and tonight will be #3 as I’m going to dinner with a friend. I’m thinking I *might* go in and do a little strength training afterwards. We’ll see.

The size 8 pants are still hanging in the closet…collecting dust. It’s TOM right now so considering my emotional state it’s best I don’t set myself up for a disappointment this week.

Peeps are still popping up everywhere I turn. But so far, I have resisted. I have indulged in a few jelly beans, however.

How are the rest of you doing?
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #23  

Way to go ShanIAm! I am having TOM right now too. I did a bad thing and weighed myself right on my 1st day and I was up I know it's just water weight and I will probably have a whoosh come Thursday or Friday, but still. AND I just ate a cookie for my morning snack. Damn you and your cravings TOM!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

Checking in...

1. I'm doing great on my cardio goals. In fact, I added 80 to 90 minute jogs to the mix, which I think burn more calories than the hikes.
2. I did one ab workout. I have another day or two to start doing them consistently. For some reason, doing ab work really bothers me. I hate doing abs way more than is reasonable or even understandable. I feel actual hostility towards ab work, which is insane.
3. I ordered some weights and two inflatable balls AND a captain's chair for ab work from Amazon. This is the first piece of gym equipment I've ever purchased for myself!
4. Tomorrow is my first day of pilates. I hired a trainer for private lessons. I'm going to do a series of private lessons and then move on to group work. I'm ashamed at how weak I am but the great news is that any improvement is welcome! I went to Lululemon and bought a new outfit as a reward for taking the first step towards strengthening my body.
5. I went away for 5 days and raised my calorie budget to about 1800. The extra food was so nice...I came right back on plan and did a few days in the 1200 range without any issue.
6. I'm definitely on a plateau. I have stuck to 1300 to 1400 calories a day plus several hours of cardio a week for a month and I've only lost about 1 pound. Very disappointing. I raised my calorie budget for 5 days hoping for a metabolic zig-zag, but nothing happened. That said, my legs are like new legs...they are hard and I have definitely gotten a lot stronger in my lower body! I will not be able to meet my low 160's goal this month because my body is moving slowly despite my good work. I'm a little bit sad because I love to see the scale move down, but I'm OK with it too because I have the satisfaction of knowing that I am seriously doing a great job getting healthy and it's not my fault the scale is stuck.

The best unanticipated news of the month?? I think my goal of 145 is too skinny so I'm actually closer to goal than I expected. I'm tall with a small frame, but I don't want to be skinny-skinny. I'd like to raise my goal to 155 with the caveat that I'd like to lose about 15 pounds of fat and gain about 5 pounds of muscle, so the net change would be about 10 pounds to goal.
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #25  

I am going to start a new May goals thread, but I thought was should close this one out. How did everyone do?

I am very proud and excited to say that I met ALL my goals - lost 6 lbs (still cannot believe that one!). Started weight lifting and intervals and cut back on my cardio. I can see and feel the strength difference in my legs. It's awesome. I even bought a pair of shorts! Not too short, but shorts none-the-less!