Old 05-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hey JayZ, glad you're back! I HATE SHOPPING! Not quite as bad as I did before though. I get so frustrated with pants. I guess I have short legs because all the average size pants fit me like they are made for giants. The petites work most of the time but they are hard to find and sometimes are too short. I did manage to find a pair of jeans which I am super excited about! Seems I am a solid 8 but there are brands I can wear a 6. I also bought a one piece bathing suit, it is my first new suit in years and years. It is super cute, from Old Navy. I fit into a medium though it is possible I might have a wardrobe malfunction, the large was way too big on my lower half but perfect on my boobs, the medium is a little small for my top....

I have been seriously slacking on the diet recently too. I need to start eating to lose again rather than to maintain. I am worried I am starting to slip back into old habits again. I joined fitnesspal to count calories but haven't been keeping up on it.

How is everyone else doing?
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #92  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Seems I am a solid 8 but there are brands I can wear a 6.
I shouldn't say it. Should I say it? Yeah, I think I'm going to say it....

I TOLD YOU SO!!

Sounds like you had a fantastic shopping trip!! I am so jealous about your bathing suit!! I have too many lumps and bumps, saggy skin and stretch marks to feel comfortable in one yet. I might do a bikini top because my top half is looking great but I'll be board shorts shopping shortly. It's ok tho because wearing them at this weight sort of goes from me "wanting" to wear them instead of "having" to wear them. KWIM?

I hope you post pics of yourself in the new jeans!! Pretty please??
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks ShanIAm I need to take some pictures, I really wish I would have taken 'before' pictures as well as measurements. There are not too many pictures of me floating around out there, I was/am pretty good at avoiding the camera.

I am sure you will look fantastic in a suit! We are always our own worst critics. I wanted to do a bikini, I bought 2 tops a few months ago but I am not comfortable in the regular bottoms at all, I need boy shorts at the very least.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #94  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Wow Jelma, that sounds like success to me! Finding a bathing suit that works for you ain't easy, AND you're fitting into those little sizes - you're rocking it!

I am back on track (mostly... one box of cereal aside) and back in the high 140's. Whew.

ShanIAm, what happened with the fella you were going to meet up with? Did it happen?

I am still navigating the perilous waters of online dating. I am cautiously optimistic about a new prospect, but people disappear so quickly online that it's a super bad idea to get hopes up. I'll keep ya posted.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #95  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hello all,

I have been stuck in the 145-148 range for a while now. I seem to move back and forth in that range and can't seem to move below the 145 mark (146 currently). I finally had to admit that my soda addiction is the issue. I've been moving to a whole foods diet but I can't seem to completely give up the soda and it's frustrating. I need some support to get over this hurdle. Any ideas for making water seem more interesting without artificial sweeteners?
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #96  
I WILL get there...again

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I found a pair of swimshorts/boardshorts by La Blanca that I love. I always feel like the board shorts are either too boyish or they are too tight and defeat the purpose by creating rolls but these are really comfortable and cute. I recently wore them with a tankini and felt comfortable for the first time in a long time in swimwear.
bunnabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #97  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
ShanIAm, what happened with the fella you were going to meet up with? Did it happen?

I am still navigating the perilous waters of online dating. I am cautiously optimistic about a new prospect, but people disappear so quickly online that it's a super bad idea to get hopes up. I'll keep ya posted.
Nope. I did not meet up with D. He lives in Canada on a lake and with all the rain they have received over the past month or so his property was impacted. It wasn't the best time to meet up. But he promised to come down my way soon so the ball is in his court. If it doesn't work out, his loss!

Have you met up with Mr. New Prospect or are you still in the talking/emailing stage! I give you credit....I am not ready for that arena yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #98  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnabear View Post
Any ideas for making water seem more interesting without artificial sweeteners?
Hello bunnabear and WELCOME! This is a hard question to answer as people approach breaking addictions differently. For me, one of my addictions was Big Macs! When I started my weight loss journey I just had to give it up cold turkey. That was the only way I was able to get past it. It was tough for a few days to a week but eventually my craving subsided. Maybe that is what you need to do? Or switch to those little tiny cans and have one a day until you are able to let go all together.

I drink water but I have to put a lemon in it and a little bit of splenda. Not exactly lemonade but it gave me what I needed.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #99  
critter lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Nope. I did not meet up with D. He lives in Canada on a lake and with all the rain they have received over the past month or so his property was impacted. It wasn't the best time to meet up. But he promised to come down my way soon so the ball is in his court. If it doesn't work out, his loss!

Have you met up with Mr. New Prospect or are you still in the talking/emailing stage! I give you credit....I am not ready for that arena yet.
You know, that's the attitude that works best for online dating too - if the fellas disappear off the radar and never write again, it's their loss.

Still haven't met up with the new guy yet, I came down with stomach flu this weekend so all plans were cancelled. You know what is sad? I'm actually happy about the flu-induced weight loss. Pathetic, isn't it. I remember reading a feminist book long ago (The Beauty Myth, I think) and the author described meeting a friend who had recently had a bad health scare and was hospitalized for some serious procedure. And the friend said something like "it was terrible, but at least I lost 5 pounds!" The author was understandably horrified at this comment. And here I am, a self-identifying feminist, thinking the same. Hypocrisy!
Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #100  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Hello ladies!!! Well..I certainly never thought I'd be in here...butttt....heck I'M HERE!

WOW ShanIam you're already in the 130's? Woohoooooo!!! GREAT!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #101  
critter lover

Welcome joyfulloser!!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #102  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
I came down with stomach flu this weekend so all plans were cancelled. You know what is sad? I'm actually happy about the flu-induced weight loss. Pathetic, isn't it.
I'm sorry you weren't feeling well to meet up with new guy but look at it this way..... men come and go but pounds lost is forever! OK, speaking of pathetic, so was that dumb joke. Oh well. LOL And it's not pathetic! Earlier this year I was purposely going near a sick coworker hoping to get her cold. If I know I can't taste good food, I won't want it.

I'm still holding in the 130's but I can't help but stop in here to see how you all are doing! I have stalled these past few weeks thanks to BBQ's and bad choices. Trying to get back into the groove. I just booked a flight to Florida to see my parents in September. A new motivation to get back to it!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM   #103  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Hello ladies!!! Well..I certainly never thought I'd be in here...butttt....heck I'M HERE!

WOW ShanIam you're already in the 130's? Woohoooooo!!! GREAT!
CONGRATULATIONS on making it past your goal! That's just fabulous!

So.....how do you feel? Are you going to keep going, hold steady or just see where your body takes you?

Congrats again on making it to the 140's!!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #104  
Playing to Lose

Oh, and joyfulloser ---- I just saw your progress pics and OMG! I want your abs!! You look absolutely incredible!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #105  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
So.....how do you feel? Are you going to keep going, hold steady or just see where your body takes you?
Thanks! It's funny...it feels both good and bad. I think half the fun is getting here.

To be honest...I secretly want to get down to 145 lbs, not because I feel I need to, but just so I have at least a 5lb cushion! I really love how lean my body is at 150, so I never want to go over it.

Goals are important to my success (as I am learning), so my new goal is not to reach a certain weight, but to incorporate heavy weight training for my legs like wall squats, romanian deadlifts, etc. Fortunately, I had lots of muscle hidden under all that fat, so I don't need to build ab muscles! Also, doing those pull-ups while I was 200 lbs definitely helped my upper body strength and muscle development.

I will continue to run always (or as long as my knees hold out - I'm 44 yrs old, with a family history of bad knees and my left knee is already failing) and continue eating healthy and remembering that nothing is off limits in moderation.

I can't wait to read your goal post...soooooooooooon!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote