Fabulous 140's?

You're on Page 6 of 18
Go to
  • Shan,

You should tell D that you gained a bit of weight apparently, and that you don't normally look like this. And, then say that you've really turned a corner, though and just last week started getting yourself back to the weight that is much more typical of you. THEN you'll have motivation to continue to lose weight because now you've told him you're on a diet. And, he'll think "gee, she looks amazing already, and she says this is at her worst."

I dunno, maybe? If you're going to stick with the lie.
  • Amberelise --- first of all, welcome to the 140’s! I see by your ticker that you are a recent graduate of the 150’s thread. So WELCOME! Secondly, LOL at your suggestion. I was seriously thinking about doing just that. But what’s funny is about 2 months ago D asked me how much I weighed and I asked him to guess. He said 145. I said, “Close – 144”. LOL Geez, I just piled one lie upon another. My weight loss “schedule” put me at 144 in late April so I figured if I stalled a little I’d still be safe by the end of May. And that’s pretty much where I am. However, back then, I really thought being in the low 140’s would put me in a place where I looked like that fake pic I sent. But sadly it doesn’t. I am hoping for the best in that he deleted that picture which was sent a LONG time ago and it’s now just a distant memory. And I did recently send him a real picture of me – a profile shot of myself in the mirror.

The thing is, this man lives in Canada and I live in Virginia. I mean, come on, should I really care at the end of the day? It’s not like I am hoping for a relationship. I am not a long distance kinda gal. My biggest fear with all this is him calling me out on my lie. I only have myself to blame!
  • Thanks for the welcome. I am not entirely sure I have been out of the 140s since high school, actually, so I suspect I'll be hanging around in this thread FOR A REALLY LONG TIME!

The good news is, I've lost 4 lbs. in the past two weeks so I'm making good progress. The bad news is I'm doing P90X so at some point I'm going to be going the other direction with muscle gain I think.

Well, regardless, if you've sent him a rather recent photo of your profile I think you're safe. I'm nearly certain he won't call you out on anything. And, besides, he's probably just as nervous about meeting you!!!
  • I think I may finally be in the 140s for good Last week I was 149.5 and today 149 so I am pretty happy!

ShanIAm - I hear you on the quitting smoking thing. I had quit last year for about 4 months and then started again, stupid. Once I started losing weight I told myself I'd quit once I made some progress. Well I've made progress but haven't tried again. I have little to no motivation to even attempt it again. I don't know why. I want to want to quit. I used Chantix to quit and still have a few left. It made me crazy but it worked. I think if I do it again I will just use it to get over the first few initial withdrawal days. And as for 'D' I completely agree with Amberelise, I am sure he is just as nervous as you are. Plus it is obvious you guys have connected on a deeper level than just your appearances. And you shouldn't worry anyway, you look fab!
  • HEY JELMA! I’m so glad to see you here!! Congratulations on such a fabulous weight loss so far!! WOW!

For me, it appears I might be leaving this forum next week. I was 139.6 this morning but I am not ready to commit to the 130’s just yet. It could go either way the next few days. But both of us are about 10 pounds from goal and that would kinda move us to the featherweight board. Although, I just don’t feel like I belong there yet. I feel bottom heavy and far from feeling like a feather! LOL

I’m also going through some mind f**k situations too. My final, FINAL goal was 132 which was chosen because it put me at the high end of the “normal” BMI category. I decided on the way to work this morning to move it to 129. And when I got on the scale this morning and saw 139, I didn’t get that jump for joy feeling I thought I would have. And I also told myself I’d take a diet break for a couple weeks when I hit 139 but then I said to myself today, “Self…. try to lose about 2 more pounds before you go on vacation in a couple weeks as a buffer, go off plan a little while on vacation because you know you are going to do it anyway, and then get back to it when you get back.”.

So that’s my plan.

And the smoking thing. Yeah, I want to want to quit too. Not there yet.
  • Awesome job Shan! You did it! Don't worry too much about the meeting. It's only a couple of pounds. But if you can manage to do it before then, it will just give you a extra boost in confidence, not that you need it.

129 sounds like a good new goal for when you get back.

Waahhhh! I really want to be here already! still stuck at 154.
  • Quote: Awesome job Shan! You did it! Don't worry too much about the meeting. It's only a couple of pounds. But if you can manage to do it before then, it will just give you a extra boost in confidence, not that you need it.

129 sounds like a good new goal for when you get back.

Waahhhh! I really want to be here already! still stuck at 154.
    Aww, thanks Beila! I am still on track to lose a couple more pounds before I meet D but right now it appears as if that won't be happening. It seems like HE is getting a case of the insecurities. How ironic is that?? I am disappointed but not terribly upset. It's a long story and it still MIGHT happen. We'll see.

But anyway, I know you will be unsticking yourself from 154. That number seems to just want to hang around. I know how frustrating that is. My number was 141. It didn't want to budge!

How are you doing otherwise? Still working out like a maniac?
  • Shan, I am still stuck

But I am going to start calorie counting today. I did that in march and lost like 2 pounds, so I hope it works again.

I am aiming for 1100-1200 cals. This morning, I am already at 500 cals!

Do you calorie count? What other things besides exercise do you use or have used like supplements, pills? I am considering getting something else to help me lose faster.

I need to make a new weight loss goal so I can stay on a weight loss schedule. It seems that it was very helpful to you too.
  • Oh yeah, I definitely calorie count. And I carb count too. Keep those around 100g’s a day and most of those are consumed in the morning as I want as few carbs in my system as possible when I work out at night. And I only eat between 6am and 3pm most days unless I have dinner with friends. And if I go over my calories one day I will take them off the next day. I simply cannot eat at night as that was my binge time. I had to disassociate myself from all things binging so eating at home is a no-no. Literally, my refrigerator has coffee creamer, water and jello in it. My freezer has lean cuisine meals for my weekend meals and weight watcher ice cream bars.

If you are looking at eating 1200 calories a day (which is fine, in my opinion) then I’d do 300 breakfast (cereal and fruit), 400 for lunch (salad and a protein) and 500 for dinner (veggies and protein). You will find that you’ll have calories from dinner left over for a little dessert too. And if you are exercising then you can even up your calorie intake and still have a deficit at the end of the week!

As far as supplements, I took something called Lipo 6 Ultra Concentrate for Women. You can buy it at GNC. It’s about $35-$39 dollars a bottle for a month’s supply. It will give you the jitters for the first week or so but that goes away. It honest to god was a lifesaver for me because it suppressed my appetite and it gave me the energy I needed at night to work out when I was feeling sluggish. I no longer take them because after 4 months I was getting a little dependant (a false dependency) on them and weaned myself off. But it gave me the tools to help me lose faster than had I been left alone to my own devices. But now that I “own” those tools, I don’t need to take them anymore. Only weird side effect aside from feeling jittery at first is when I burped it tasted like bitter oranges. Sorry if TMI but that was something that never went away. LOL
  • Still here, down to 148.5 today!
  • Quote: Still here, down to 148.5 today!
    So, Jelma, both of us have only 8 more pounds to go!! And that is actually the pant size I am wearing now except for jeans because I don't like the stretchy kind yet. I am glad you are still here and I know you are here to stay. I can't believe you are in the final stretch! Congrats to you!!
  • Thanks ShanIAm! You have made amazing progress, I think you got out of the 140s before I made it in! It has been slow going for me but I am confident I will not be going back to the 150s.

I may revise my goal weight but not until I reach it. Congrats on the size 8, that is exciting. I am finally going shopping this weekend, I have no idea what size I am right now, I am a little scared and nervous to find out! I think I might have to do stretchy jeans because I have pretty wide hips (which I didn't know until recently when I could feel my bones!) and smaller legs.
  • Jelma, I am going to bet you are at LEAST a size 8 with your height and weight. And I'm built the same as you -- wide hips. The bones are noticible through pants so I know there is no more fat left there. I am still contending with my thighs (inner and outer) and the back of my arms. I can't wait to hear about your shopping trip and what size you find yourself in! And congrats on discovering your hip bones. Aren't they pretty? LOL

What are you doing with your old clothes? For me, I am keeping a pair of pants in each size I went down (starting with 18) and the rest I am giving to a friend of mine who is now around a 14. If she doesn't like them she donates to Goodwill.
  • I have this fear that I am going to grab a bunch of 8s and go to the dressing room where I won't even be able to zip them up. Then I'll end up crying in the dressing room. Okay, seriously though, I won't be that dramatic

I do love my hip bones, the only thing, which I saw you had posted on other thread, is that I am having a hard time sleeping. It is like the bones are pushing into my mattress springs. I suppose there are worse things to complain about though! I asked my sister about it (she is 5'6 and 120) and she said that when she had first lost weight (about 20 pounds) it bothered her too but now she is use to it.

If you find a solution to the back of the arms let me know! My biceps, shoulders and I guess it is my pecs have all toned up but not the back, still have the bye-bye arms

I haven't decided what to do with my old clothes. Honestly most of them are in pretty bad shape, the last pair of pants I bought were a 14 and that was last summer, how sad is that?? Not sure Goodwill would even want them. That's a good idea - I think I might do the same and keep one in each size.
  • Hi ladies,

Checking in again! Sadly, I managed to stress eat my way back to 150 lbs this month. But I finished my dissertation so now I have lots of time to shop for real food, eat healthy, and ENJOY exercise without doing it in a rushed panic. Back to it for good now.

Jelma, how did your shopping go?