Old 04-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #16  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Jayzee – I hope you enjoyed the concert and I am glad you do not feel worse than you could have. And no, it’s not a bad thing as long as it is relatively controlled and it doesn’t happen too much! We all need a mental break every now and then. And to be honest, maybe the boost in calories might jump start your metabolism? You might even see a bigger loss this week than last.

Last week I deviated off plan twice and I wound up losing a little over a pound. This week so far I was on plan every day, worked out every day and between Monday and today, I haven’t lost an ounce! I’m thinking I’m retaining water to help heal my body since I have been strength training more than usual. And although I have been eating the correct number of calories, I do admit to having more sodium in my diet than usual.

I’m still hanging tough at 147 though. I have 2 weeks to drop 3 pounds if I want to make it to my next mini-goal. I tell myself I should be happy with how things have progressed so far (and I am) but I know I am putting too much pressure on myself to make these goals of mine. *sigh*
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #17  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
And to be honest, maybe the boost in calories might jump start your metabolism? You might even see a bigger loss this week than last.
It's a lovely thought! But alas, I'm up another lb now. I'm now in danger of having to leave this thread for a "get out of the 150's" one! And I don't want that.

Goals are good and bad, aren't they? Making goals is so enjoyable - it makes me feel powerful and motivated to plan where I'll be in 2 months. But as soon as I start falling behind, the negative emotions roll in. I may be one of those people who needs to have "stay on plan" as their goal instead of a scale number.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #18  
Playing to Lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
I'm up another lb now. I'm now in danger of having to leave this thread for a "get out of the 150's" one!
OK, don't tell anyone this but when I got out of the 160's (159.6) I went immediately to the 150's thead. The very next day I was 160.4. But I didn't go back!! Sshhh.

But this time I did make sure I was relatively safe in the 140's before I posted.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Hoping to be a regular in here next week - 150 even today, lowest I've been in years!

Jayzee - I saw a speaker on Wednesday, Alison Levine, she has hiked to the tallest peaks on every continent, including Mt. Everest. One of the points she focused on way about goal setting and achieving. She said that sometimes we have to realize that even if we are going the opposite way from where we need to be we are still laying the groundwork and making progress to eventually reach our goal. That really stuck with me.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #20  
critter lover

Jelma: I really like that concept that everything we do lays groundwork for our goals. I honestly believe that every time I've "failed" (regained weight, been in a failed relationship, made a bad job decision, etc), I've learned something that was worth learning. I will try to keep those wise words in mind!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #21  
Playing to Lose

Hey Jelma -- can't wait till you are officially here! It's going to be any day soon, that's for sure.

And thank you for sharing that concept from Alison Levine. I can understand how something like that would stick with you!
Old 04-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 168/159.6/139

Height: 5'6"

I got to 149.0 this week, and it's my TOM, so I'm hoping to be comfortably in the 140's by the end of the week. Congrats!
NicoleInCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #23  
Playing to Lose

Hey Nicole, WELCOME and congrats to crossing over!! And you will definitely be here comfortably by the end of the week....especially after your TOM whoosh. Provided you get one! You have been doing fabulous!

Did you start your weight loss journey in February or is that when you signed up for 3FC?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

151.5 today, I am still not here yet

I'm so jealous of you all! Lol maybe next week!

Congrats to everyone so far, hope to be here soon!

ShaniAm, you've lost so much weight! What do you do for diet and exercise typically?
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #25  
Playing to Lose

Oh Beila, I get so excited when I see you post here because that means you are getting closer or you have reached the 140’s. AND YOU ARE SO CLOSE!! YAY!

As far as what I have done….well…. I will admit that when I first started in January I literally starved myself for 3 weeks losing the first 10-15 pounds too quickly. I was eating less than 500 calories a day. And let me tell you, I was a real wench to be around! I knew it wasn’t healthy for me physically and mentally so I increased calories & joined a gym. Now I keep my food calorie deficit at around 500-600 a day and I work out 5x a week. I’ll do an hour of cardio and every other time I will do 30-45 minutes of strength training. I also lowered my carb intake to approx 100-150g a day. That was the hardest to do but the most rewarding for me especially when you incorporate exercise. My body does not like to let go of carbs so being sedentary didn’t burn them off for me quickly and I never burned fat.

I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to sweets. They never did much for me. My food addictions centered around chips and cheesy dips, bowls of pasta and anything fried.

The thing I have found is that my diet is pretty sustainable. I'll of course increase calories and carbs (to a point) when I reach goal but for now, I'm not feeling all that deprived most days. Which is good considering I was (am?) a classic binge eater.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
Oh Beila, I get so excited when I see you post here because that means you are getting closer or you have reached the 140’s. AND YOU ARE SO CLOSE!! YAY!

As far as what I have done….well…. I will admit that when I first started in January I literally starved myself for 3 weeks losing the first 10-15 pounds too quickly. I was eating less than 500 calories a day. And let me tell you, I was a real wench to be around! I knew it wasn’t healthy for me physically and mentally so I increased calories & joined a gym. Now I keep my food calorie deficit at around 500-600 a day and I work out 5x a week. I’ll do an hour of cardio and every other time I will do 30-45 minutes of strength training. I also lowered my carb intake to approx 100-150g a day. That was the hardest to do but the most rewarding for me especially when you incorporate exercise. My body does not like to let go of carbs so being sedentary didn’t burn them off for me quickly and I never burned fat.

I’m one of the lucky ones when it comes to sweets. They never did much for me. My food addictions centered around chips and cheesy dips, bowls of pasta and anything fried.

The thing I have found is that my diet is pretty sustainable. I'll of course increase calories and carbs (to a point) when I reach goal but for now, I'm not feeling all that deprived most days. Which is good considering I was (am?) a classic binge eater.
Wow! Thanks for sharing your routine. I need to incorporate some of them into my routine. I really have been literally stuck in 150's forever due to binging. I binged again last night, so I'm up in pounds (probably water weight though) and will be another while till I am here. I was just so stressed out last night. So sad! Well, I'm going to take some of your advice like strength training, which I haven't done, and keeping a good eye on calorie deficit. I'm glad to have you to support and cheer me on. It's been a real struggle for me, but reading how much you've lost this year is sooo inspiring to me, especially since you're at the weight I want to be right about now! Also, you are probably the most consistent weight loser I've come across on this forum. You go girl! Thanks for all!

Last edited by Beila; 04-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #27  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

ShanIam - WOW...you've just been truckin along...146! GREAT!

Just dropping by to show some love to my 140 sistas! Went to Byrd Park this morning...the weather was phenominal and run was perfection!
joyfulloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #28  
Playing to Lose

Beila – Awww, thank you so much! That was nice of you to say. Sometimes I feel guilty about the success I have had because my lifestyle doesn’t allow for many errors. Most of my friends are dieting so when we meet for dinner or whatever, we all make good choices together. I am not in a relationship (by choice) so no sabatoge there and I don’t have kids so that leaves plenty of time to get to the gym. I mean, I am an obstacle in and of itself for weight loss. I can’t imagine having all those other things going on! I am probably a little overboard when it comes to working out. But when I find myself sitting at home my mind immediately goes into binge mode. I know you get this! And as far as the binging is concerned, it took me from October to December just to get it relatively under control. It was only then could I really start a weight loss plan. I imagine it’s extra tough for you as you are trying to work through both at the same time. But you are SO determined to get to your goal and each day you are getting closer and closer. Even if it isn’t showing weight wise, it is definitely there emotionally. I know that doesn’t help to hear right now (LOL) but it’s just another part of the battle you are winning!!

Joyfull – HEY THERE! Yes, the weather here has been absolutely gorgeous, hasn’t it? If I wasn’t in this “competition” at the gym this month, I’d forgo going and do something outside. I wish Byrd Park was closer to my house. I might drag my friend there this weekend though if the rain holds off for a little while. Maybe Sunday!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM   #29  
critter lover

ShanIAm - just curious, what was your gym competition? My exercise buddies and I have been trying to think of a challenge to set ourselves for more motivation.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #30  
Playing to Lose

JayZee ... Well, LOL, the only one who knows about the competition is me. Every month my gym posts a list of the top 5 members who worked out the most the month before. They don’t go by time but by days attended. I WANT TO BE ON THAT NEXT LIST! So far I have only missed 1 day in April which still puts me in the running because this one guy who is consistently on the top of the list missed a day so far too. I don’t know. I just have this innate need to see my name there because this time last year I was eating large pizzas while sitting in bed watching Judge Judy reruns and yelling at the TV.

Maybe you and your gym buddies can do something similar? Maybe the person who doesn’t go the most has to supply the water or Gatorade once a week for the next month? Something silly like that perhaps?