Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 01:19 AM   #31  

hi all--- i just got back from the party i mentioned last night--- and i did have a great time! bad for the diet--- had 2 apple martinis and most of the food there-- yup i was a piggy-- tonight was a major cheat night for me, maybe the next time will be on x-mas day--- oh what the heck, its the holidays! i know i'm being bad right now, but not for long--- i promise for the new year its some serious business ;-) yup my ex was there and we were really quite civil w/one another and talked for a while, but no sparks there for me anymore-- he actually said i looked really good and invited me to another party -- but i said no thanks, since what's the point when i know its completely over and i don't want to start anything i will regret again later on. we were good friends before but since we decided to take our friendship to the next level and did not work out-- we ended up jeopardizing a friendship since we don't hang out anymore except for little get togethers of mutual friends that we share. i'm just glad i had i good time and did not feel awkward, even with my outfit ;-)
well talk to you guys later!
Old 12-19-2002, 04:05 AM   #32  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Snowball--glad things went well at the party...Low stress is the key!!!!

Strait--thanks for the well wishes!!!

WEll...off to take a bath and head for the hospital..I am scared and nervous...Have been pacing all night..hmmmm..thought this was for the daddy to do!!!! It is hard to believe that I will be a mom before the day is done!!!!

Lauren--I will call U later and U can post!!!!!!!!
RR
Old 12-19-2002, 07:41 AM   #33  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Geez, you'd think it was ME having the baby today!! Everytime I woke up last night, I was thinking about Vicki, and I even dreamed she had little Kaylee...it was a water birth and everything went lovely, btw!! When I woke up at 4:30, I said a little prayer that everything goes well. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear something!!

Snow- Glad you had such a good time at the party. I think you just have to relax and have fun sometimes, as long as you know you can get yourself back on track! Good for you being civil to ex-bf, and not letting him spoil your night.

Jul- I remember when I used to babysit these two boys, the one was 15 mo. when I got him, and really couldn't do much. I taught him to walk, talk, potty train, taught them both manners...it wasn't a very good home life, but I honestly feel like I made a difference. Next to having this baby, I feel like they were one of my bigger accomplishments in life! Anyway, Justin was such a wiggle worm, I used to put him on the floor, and hold down his arms and legs with my legs while changing him!! And always had a spare wipe, towel, or something to cover him!!

Have a great day all, and I'll check in later with the good news!!
Old 12-19-2002, 04:18 PM   #34  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all,

Just checking in to see if there's any news about RR. Will be back later......
Old 12-19-2002, 04:36 PM   #35  
LBH

Hi All,

No news from Vicki or Refman yet! I'm getting impatient!! I could use something to occupy my mind today, aside from my piece of crap car!!

I'm home, my car is at the dealership...wasn't it just there a couple months ago?! It has officially replaced my Monte Carlo as being the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. The intake manifold gasket is leaking inside and out and it's mixing with the antifreeze and contaminating everything, which is why my heat isn't working correctly, and the coolant light is always on, and God knows what else. That job will be about $800. Then there's the broken rear defog, seems the module shorted out or something, and melted the components, so that's another $180. Then there's the noise...my main complaint for the past couple yrs. on and off. They don't know, they need to drive it again, but they won't drive it the way it is. I'm like, HELLO, I've been driving it just fine for 3+ yrs.!! I told them it's at low speeds, all they have to do is coast across the garage and they'll hear it!! So DH had to come all the way up to the dealership to get me after lunch, and bring my home. Actually, he brought me to work, I have to go pick him up at 5:30. I called back and gave the guy the extended warrantee info and he'll hear something tomorrow, AM I hope.

So DH is crabby...when did it become my fault that my car's a P-O-C?? We just shelled out 900. to fix his p/u, now this?! Talk about a streak of bad luck... :cry

Anyway, hoping to hear from Vicki or Refman soon!!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:22 PM   #36  

Hi again,

Well pooh, I was hoping we might have news. I just hope things are going well for her.

Lauren: Jeeze, sorry to hear about the car. It's a good thing you have the extended warranty though. (I'm assuming that the warranty will cover the cost of repairs and not you!!). Is it possible to trade it in yet?

Gotta go check on dinner. Don't even ask what it is, it's totally unhealthy!!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:38 PM   #37  

I'm checking too....and waiting....

Lauren, sorry about the car. I think I'd start thinking about trading it in.

Karen: enjoy your dinner....I have an idea ours won't be very healthy either. I spent the day painting the boys room each wall is a different color (gold, sage green, purple, and blue) ...it looks good but I'm just too tired to cook something healthy. - jul
Old 12-19-2002, 06:54 PM   #38  

Hi there,
Is this the "weekly thread"?
Old 12-19-2002, 07:54 PM   #39  
LBH

Smile

MISS KAYLEE IS HERE!!!

I just got off the phone with Vicki, here are the stats:

Name: Kaylee Victoria
Time: 2:05 PM
Weight: 7 lbs., 15.9 oz.
Length: 20 1/2 inches

She came via C-Section after awhile of no progression, and some heart rate deceleration.

Vicki is doing great, said it was a breeze!! Kaylee is in the NICU for a bit, but should be with Vicki tomorrow AM. She's doing fine, but since she didn't go through the birth canal, she had some fluid in her lungs.

She has curly blondish-red hair (I think that's what color she said!), and a pointy little chin like her big sister. Vicki said she's just beautiful....of course!!

Refman will post some pics on their website later. Vicki's dad is sending me pics in a little bit. If I can figure out how to post them, I will.

Congrats Vicki, Refman, and big sisters, and Welcome to the world Kaylee!!
Old 12-19-2002, 07:56 PM   #40  
LBH

Puppy- Yup, this is the weekly thread!!

Jul & Karen- Yes, I've been desperately trying to figure out a way out of this car for awhile, but I'm upside down on my loan, so I have to try and sell it for as much as possible, then make up the rest. I find out tomorrow if the warranty company will cover the cost.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:04 PM   #41  

Looks like I came in at a very exciting time!!
Congradulations on the new baby!!

It's nice to meet all of you.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:44 PM   #42  

Congrats Vicki--- i'm so happy for you and wishing your whole family much joy for the arrival of your extra special xmas gift! i'm sure Kaylee is beautiful and will bring your whole family w/much love and happiness.

Lauren-- hope all works out with the car trouble, i'm sure everything will go smoothly. hope it won't stress you out for the holidays.

hi all, hope things are going well with everyone and i will write more tomorrow since i'm going to sleep at my sister's house since i think my niece caught chicken pox--- we have an early doctor's appt. tomorrow--- hopefully its just a rash and will be gone soon or else x-mas would be only with out one of my sister's family since we can't take the chance for my other niece (6 mos.) or my 2 nephews to get sick for the holidays too. well, got to go-- bye
Old 12-19-2002, 10:01 PM   #43  

Hi guys~~

Vickie: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy that she arrived safely. Get lots of rest and get well quickly.

Puppy: Welcome to the group. We are sort of excited here right now. There are three of us who are pregnant and Vickie was the first. Tell us a little about you. You can learn more than you would ever want to know about us from the bio thread. We are glad you're here.

Last edited by KarenK; 12-19-2002 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:56 AM   #44  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

What else can I say that hasn't been said? CONGRATULATIONS VICKI!!!! I am so happy for you and your whole family, what a great Christmas present - enjoy!
Old 12-20-2002, 04:04 PM   #45  

yeah!!! congrats!! So glad everything went well.

Puppy: welcome!

jul
Closed Thread