3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Forty Is Coming! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/227082-forty-coming.html)

girljam 03-02-2011 06:34 PM

Forty Is Coming!

I'm coming up on forty in May. In January I made a resolution (surprise) to lose some weight and get in shape before the day gets here. I wanted to workout at least five days a week and eat healthy 5 days a week with two off on the weekend. It was going well, I was down 7 lbs but I started slacking in February. So I'm re-gearing. Hoping this forum helps. I've done the Beachbody message boards but I've never been on 3 fat chicks until I looked it up today. I'm about to start month 2 of Chalean Extreme (a Beachbody workout program from Chalene Johnson that involves heavy weight training and cardio.)

I'm tired of feeling tired, old, out of shape, sick, etc., etc., etc. I want to be healthier and look better! If you are turning forty this year or next year or even in a few years, you are welcome to join me! :):)

ilbnej 03-19-2011 07:22 PM

I will be 40 in a little over 2 yrs. I am targeting reaching my goal weight (150) right around that time. I am hoping that goal will help keep me focused over the long term. Fit by forty!

pools 03-24-2011 05:23 PM

I will be 40 in a year and it seems to be looming large right now.

I remember turning 30 and swearing that I would not be 190 lbs when I turned 40. I would not be too ashamed to have pictures taken at my party. I am determined to make that true!

I've decided to set a sprint tri as my 40th year goal. Almost running 5k now, and just started swimming. Time to look for a bike.

It will happen and 40 WILL BE fabulous! :hat:

Martina 03-29-2011 03:39 PM

Well it'll be awhile yet before I turn 40 but next year I turn 35 and I can't wait!! For some reason, I'm excited!! But I digress...

Hopefully you will come back to 3FC because its a great place. I like it here, and you have great goals!! How have you been doing with them?

zoodoo613 03-29-2011 03:52 PM

Hi, I'm new here but gotta jump in someplace, right?

I just turned 38, so I have a couple years before 40, but I feel the same way: it's coming. Not sure yet how I feel about that, but there's no way to change it. I've decided to use it as motivation. I could easily be at my goal weight by then if I can just stick too it.

Martina- I'm glad you're excited by 35. I was freaked out, way more so than 30, which I took in stride.

HMM3 04-02-2011 03:40 AM

I'm 38 too .... so 40 isn't too far away for me either ... I have a plan to run a marathon when I'm 40 .... but for now I'm concentrating on getting down to a size that I want to start running again ....

Fit by Forty sounds good though .... perhaps I could go for 39 .... would love to be at goal by Xmas which is when my birthday is as well ....

I'm doing weight training and cardio now .. which I think is better for weightloss than running ....

rachwms 04-03-2011 05:32 PM

I'll be forty NEXT may. :D

LisaP916 04-05-2011 10:53 AM

I'll be 40 in September. I'm not sure where the time went! I won't make my first goal weight by then, but I am aiming to get down to 225 by then. It average out to about 2lbs per week, which I know is do-able.

We shall see!

rachwms 04-05-2011 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaP916 (Post 3792348)
I'll be 40 in September. I'm not sure where the time went! I won't make my first goal weight by then, but I am aiming to get down to 225 by then. It average out to about 2lbs per week, which I know is do-able.

We shall see!

i have the same goal for Sept!

fitmom 07-11-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girljam (Post 3739185)
I'm coming up on forty in May. In January I made a resolution (surprise) to lose some weight and get in shape before the day gets here. I wanted to workout at least five days a week and eat healthy 5 days a week with two off on the weekend. It was going well, I was down 7 lbs but I started slacking in February. So I'm re-gearing. Hoping this forum helps. I've done the Beachbody message boards but I've never been on 3 fat chicks until I looked it up today. I'm about to start month 2 of Chalean Extreme (a Beachbody workout program from Chalene Johnson that involves heavy weight training and cardio.)

I'm tired of feeling tired, old, out of shape, sick, etc., etc., etc. I want to be healthier and look better! If you are turning forty this year or next year or even in a few years, you are welcome to join me! :):)

I started my quest for better health and fitness shortly after my 35th birthday. I'll be 40 this November and while I'm not jumping for joy over it, I am happy that I've managed to get into much better shape for when the big day arrives, lol. I figure that just because I'll be 40 doesn't mean I can't look good, right? :) Exercising and eating well is the only way I can counteract the aging process and wrap my head around the big 4-0.