3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 30-Somethings

ST. PAT'S DAY GOALS

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 12:31 AM   #16

Ok, so is this dumb or what? I was so bummed about gaining a pound that I didn't deserve that I ate like a fool Thursday night and Friday. I am back on track today. No more foolishness!! I am repeating my mantra over and over in my head - I will NOT be fat!

jhawk - Sorry about your gain also! We can win this!

Nona - Welcome, welcome! We always love new people. Congrats on reaching your lifetime!! I'm impressed. I'm sure you can get that 9 pounds off in no time.

I have been forcing myself to post my weight on this goal thread - I didn't with the Valentines Day goal because I was unhappy with myself and my ups and downs in 2000. But I figure I have to face it and be accountable.

Whatever it takes - Rabbit
Old 02-26-2001, 05:31 AM   #17

I forgot to set a challenge for myself earlier so I am doing it now. I do fine getting my veggies in (it's all that salad I eat) but not my fruit. So I'm challenging myself to: Add one fruit per day.

Rabbit
Old 02-27-2001, 01:27 AM   #18

Happy Monday, All.

Here's hoping for a better week this week. I had a hard time getting the bad eating habits back under control after last week, but I think I have now. I learned what a powerful monster stress eating can be, that is for sure. You are right though, Rabbit, we can win this. Hang in there...

Nona - Welcome! Good for you for taking control after only a small gain. I had previously lost 25 lbs., never made it to goal, then gained about 15 of those back, so I am still working on making up lost ground. The sooner you take control the better.

Well, after my gain last week I am back at ground zero for the SPD challenge. Now I've got to "double time" it to the finish line.

Goal: -5
So Far: -0
To Go: -5

Have a great week all!
Jhawk

Old 02-27-2001, 01:59 AM   #19

Does a goal have to be a number on the scale? Mine is not so much seeing a drop, but being able to MOVE! I signed up for an 8K (approximately 5 miles) race on St. Patrick's Day, and my goal is to run the whole thing (no walking). I'm guessing this will take me close to an hour!

I suppose I can get a scale # goal, too. I would like to have dropped 9 poinds by then. I know that's a little high, but I always lose the most my first few weeks on WW, so I think it's doable!

Maggie
Old 02-27-2001, 03:24 AM   #20

jhawk - I don't know if I mentioned it but I am making up lost ground also- still. I was down to 165.5 last May which is a little less than my SPD goal. And if I don't quit eating, I will not get there. My I've got to get myself going!!

Maggie - your goal can be anything you chose!! Cool that you want to run that race. I'll be cheering for you from here.

Rabbit
Old 02-27-2001, 11:01 AM   #21

Hi everyone! Just stopped by to say hi and to let you know I finally got to go to a weight watchers meeting. Since there is no registration fee until March 3rd I decided now was the time to go. I still didn't feel like I was ready to commit but I'm glad I made myself go. I didn't like what I saw on the scale but I did enjoy the meeting. I to am trying to get off the 15 lbs. I've gained back.
Good luck to everyone for your SPD goal!
For now mine is to take it one day at a time!
Take care and stay strong! freesha
Old 02-28-2001, 04:21 AM   #22

Freesha - Good luck going to WW! I like your goal.

Rabbit
Old 02-28-2001, 09:44 PM   #23
Donna

Good Morning Everyone,

Well WI last night didn't go well. I gained a pound. But I didn't journal all week and I know I overeat w/o realizing it if I don't write it down.

Jhawk and Rabbit - Sorry about the gains looks like we've all hit a mid winter slump. Here's hoping we can turn it around

Nona & Maggie - Welcome

Freesha - Good Luck back at WW. Sometimes starting is the hardest step.

Well, gotta work.

- Tech
249.2/240/236.2(St.Pat's)/170ish
Old 03-01-2001, 12:16 AM   #24

Good morning and Happy Wedensday everyone!
Today is my fifth day and I'm glad to say I'm doing well. After the first couple days its gotten easier. I must say I had and attitude when I started. I told my DH Sat. "I'm going to eat what I want and just write down the points." But even though I ate at the high end of my points the journaling did make me think about what I was eating. And I'm glad to say the reluctant attitude is gone now. Though I do hope that I can stick with it this weekend. I'm a little nervous because we are going out to dinner with friends on Sat. . I'm hoping to eat low points during the day and stick pretty close to program for dinner. We're going out for Mexican food. One of my favorites!
I hope everyone has a good day!
Take care and stay strong! Julie
Old 03-01-2001, 03:07 AM   #25

Tech - I sure hope we can turn this around too - and soon!

Freesha - Nice to hear of someone doing well!!

I have weigh in tomorrow night and I don't think it will be good. This time I will deserve it though. And I have to miss next week's meeting as I will be out of town.

Rabbit
Old 03-01-2001, 11:35 PM   #26

Good morning!
Rabbit - I'm glad to hear your are going to your meeting this week. In the past when I thought I was up a pound I wouldn't go. This time I'm going to make myself go even if I don't feel like it. That is the time that we really need the encouragment and motivation. Best of luck!

jhawk - I'm glad to hear your getting back on track after last week.

TechAlum - best of luck on your journaling this week.

I hope everyone has a great Op day! Julie
Old 03-02-2001, 10:13 PM   #27

Happy Friday All

Last week was "one of those" weeks and I saw no possible way it could get worse, but lo and behold, it did. I wouldn't dare bore you with the details, but let's just say I am really ready for this week to be over too. I lost 1/2 lb. this morning, so that was nice, but I'm still way off of my SPD goal.

Merfle - how is "moving" going for you? Are you getting ready for the 8K? Good for you for doing that - it will feel so good to accomplish that.

Rabbit - I can relate to your difficulties this week. And even though we are both making up lost ground, I suppose we should look at the bright side and be glad we haven't given up entirely. This weight loss thing has always been such a struggle for me, but I keep telling myself that once I conquer it - it will be for good. I hope the saying "that which does not kill us only makes us stronger" is true, 'cause I am gonna be really strong if I ever make it to the finish line.

Freesha - Welcome. Good for you for tackling this again. I always tell myself that I should "fake until I make it" and it appears that has worked for you as well. Good luck and hang in there.

Tech - Those darn one pound gains are rampant this week, huh? I agree that this is definitely a mid-winter slump. I also agree that not journaling is probably a big contributor. I haven't journaled in a couple of weeks either and I've paid the price...the only way I managed a small loss this week was that I was too busy/stressed to eat regularly 'cause what I did eat was crap. Hang in there. We can beat this.

I hope you all have a great weekend. Here is to a better week next week!

SPD Goal: -5 lbs.
So Far: -1/2 lb.
To Go: -4 1/2 lbs.

Jhawk
Old 03-03-2001, 04:01 AM   #28

As I suspected I had a gain this week. I gained 1/2 pound. Before I went I thought I might pull off a maintain, but no such luck. I'm way off my goal this time. But I will not give up! On the good side, I lost 3.5 inches in February!! So glad that I am tracking that also. As I will be gone all of next week, my next weigh in will be the 15th, the last one before this goal. I'll do the best I can in the time left. Then on to Easter!!

jhawk - congrats on your loss! You are so right about not giving up. Even making up lost ground, atleast we're headed in the right direction. If I didn't try, it would be disaster, I'm sure!

Tech - a fleeting thought entered my mind about not going, but I knew I had to. This morning I SO did not want to get up for my workout and this song started playing in my head - nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide. So true!

Have a good weekend all. Rabbit
Old 03-05-2001, 05:10 PM   #29

Hello all...

This new look is weird! I am sure I will get used to it.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. I was actually ready for the new week to start after the miserable week I had last week. I made it back to the gym this morning after a week off, even though I have chest congestion and have heard you shouldn't exercise if your symptoms are "below the neck"...I needed to exercise and I figure anytime I actually want or need to do it, I should, because that is a rarity. I took it easy, but it felt good to be there. I am a bottomless pit with food today though...not everything could "click" at once, I guess.

Rabbit, sorry about the gain, but don't give up. The lost inches are GREAT! I have been meaning to take my measurements for about 6 weeks now and I just can't remember to do that...you have inspired me though. Maybe I'll do that this weekend...

Well, back to work. Have a great week everyone!

Jhawk
Old 03-06-2001, 02:18 PM   #30

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all having a good week so far.
Saturday I had my 2nd weigh in and I was down 4lbs.
I always do pretty good the first week cause I'm usually retaining a lot of water. Oh well I'll take it, even if most of it was water. I'm having a good week so far. Saturday night we went out for dinner and I went over my points but have been staying within my points since then.
I finally met someone that likes to walk and ride bikes so I'm going to walk with her this afternoon.
Have a great day! Julie
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.