3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   30somethings January chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/220882-30somethings-january-chat.html)

MisfitRycher 01-01-2011 12:51 PM

30somethings January chat

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :carrot:

First thing I want to say is...

MOLLZ! *TACKLE!* Missed you! :hug:

Second thing I want to say is...

I think I'm doing something right here... Weighed in last Saturday at 211.4, weighed myself out of curiosity. Weighed in this morning, my monthly weigh-in, and the scale read 208.8!!! I KID YOU NOT! With the overeating at Christmas dinner, all the starch from the potatoes, the desserts, the chocolate, the potato chips and the booze last night for New Year's, I STILL managed to lose another 3.6 pounds! Is that crazy or WHAT!?

New year, new start... Let's get healthy in 2011 without overdoing it! :D

catie80 01-01-2011 01:55 PM

Hi Everyone!

New year...new attitude! My name is Catherine and today is my first day... i am hoping that this will be the start of a new me! I am just thirty and looking to change how I look and feel...

I am up for the challenges ahead and look forward to getting to know you all!

Martina 01-01-2011 01:55 PM

Well great! I'm glad you lost some weight that is really, really cool. :)

Yep, that is a good goal "get healthy without overdoing it" which for me means eating when depressed, eating bad in general, eating a bag of chips in a 24 hour period, etc. You get the drift. I will have to think about specific health-related goals and write them out.

Niki4184 01-01-2011 08:41 PM

Hi,
I'm Niki and I'd love to start joing the chats on this forum. I'm really determined to do something right in 2011 as far as weight loss. I've been struggling for way to long.

Eruanna 01-02-2011 03:17 AM

Happy New Year :flow1:

Glad to see a few new people around starting out like myself :)

Violin Jenn 01-02-2011 02:31 PM

Hi Ladies!

Mollz! Missed you round here!!!:hug: I gained about 10 extra pounds as well. :( But, my diet is back on track today and the exercise starts tomorrow. I'll start with JM 30DS, BL Weightloss Yoga and Walk Away the Pounds 2 and 3 mile workouts.

I am so glad to holidays are over! My Christmas decorations are put away and my apartment is back to normal. Getting back to a normal routine will be key for getting this weight off.

Since I've finally set a goal weight for myself, 2011 will be the year I actually hit it! That is my resolution, as well as having my previous college degree and credits accepted at a local university so I may continue and to continue (yes while still being a bit picky) the online dating thing. So far no luck, but ya never know.

Jojo381972 01-02-2011 10:49 PM

^I've given up on the search for now. I hear ya though ;)

Happy New Year, ladies!
A new year and a fresh start. I've been off track the last few weeks, but I'm happy to say I went back to the gym today after taking two long weeks off and being in a rut. I have big goals this year, so starting the new year off right.

What's everyone goals for the new year?
I want to hit my 10% goal, and get to onederland, and also get to my goal...wow! Thankfully the year is just beginning. :)

Mitza24 01-03-2011 09:04 AM

I too had gained weight over the holidays. I was sick for almost a month around Thanksgiving and that kinda set my mind to stop working out and eating crap for 6 weeks. Not a good way to end the year. But will be running tonight and I know in a few weeks, things will start to get back to where they used to be. Good luck and happy New Year everyone!

catie80 01-03-2011 01:09 PM

Hi all,
my goal is to lose 10% of my weight by the end of february...so that means 26 lbs! I am doing the weight watchers plan, journalling and hopefully going to zumba twice a week...so day 2 and i am already starving! i am determined right now though!

justjen78 01-03-2011 01:38 PM

Happy New Year everyone! I'll be joining WW hopefully by next week (had rent, bills, yada yada yada this week) and My goal is to lose at least 30lbs wich would put me at 135ish (not sure of my "official" weight, last week at Dr's I was 165) but Ultimatly would like to be down to 125 (I'm only 5' 3")

Leap 01-03-2011 02:19 PM

Hi there! Good luck to everyone! My sister's wedding is in September, and I was at my biggest at 185, so back to 130 by then! I just started last monday and schedule 1.5lb loss every week into my weigh in reminders. I won't beat myself up if I don't meet every one, but I needed a way to not get frustrated that I didn't lose 10 lbs over the last week. As long as I'm staying close to my guidline, I know I'll make it. Looking forward to it!

vdander24 01-03-2011 02:21 PM

Hello everyone! sounds like everyone is off to a strong start. I had a rough december, followed by a horrible last week. I am back on plan and determined to do this. Hope everyone has a great week!

ollie27 01-03-2011 11:27 PM

hi, 30 somethings. just a quick note to join the chat. i've been coming to the forums off and on for over a few years now, but have never really found a place to post repeatedly. like many others, it's a new year and i'm rethinking my lifestyle (and how it went down hill the latter part of '10). i'm in my early thirties, so perhaps this is the place? just tryna get in where i fit in i guess.

my ultimate goal this year is getting to maintenance and maintaining. happy new years to everyone. i look forward to sharing my journey and hearing of others'.

cheers.

Martina 01-03-2011 11:57 PM

My goals for this new year? I really have to think harder about it. I have some idea what I want them to be, but I haven't really sat down and really thought about it though. I suppose I better get to it!! So my first resolution is...

1. Think about my goals/resolutions.

back2reality 01-04-2011 09:03 AM

Hello everyone :) Happy New Year!

My goal for this year is to get to my target weight and start maintenance by the end of May.

I've had a nasty flu since four days before Christmas and thankfully it's coming to an end. I need to get back into my exercise routine now that I can breath without coughing. I'm considering adding Jillian's 30 day shred, and Yoga Meltdown into the mix.

Best of luck to all of you on reaching your goals! :lucky: