Old 08-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #241  
Mom On A Diet

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Smile Hey Ladies!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time, starting full time work & my son starting full time day care really threw me for a loop. I wake up so early, 5:30 and my day ends at night at 8pm when I get my son to sleep, that I am just to exhausted to get onto the computer. My boss agreed to let me off at 4:45 so I could pick my son up before 6 at his day care. I was almost late the first day & they warned me that if I was late its $5 a minute, yes that is not a typo $5 a minute.
Whew....now to the good news, I am down to 148! Who would of known going back to work would make me lose weight. I have been eating a Special K Bar while driving to work, sometimes I have a cup of coffee , lunch is a sandwich with chips but it takes me forever to eat it because I don't stop working to eat, I try to eat a piece of fruit too but usually that ends up just sitting on my desk, dinner if I have time to eat is something light because by time I get around to eating its already past 8 so many nights I have just been too exhausted that all I want to do is crawl in bed. So there has been my life in a nut shell for the past two weeks. Saturdays I get my exercise in by cleaning my house, doing laundry and chasing my son who is a master crawler now, LOL.
I am learning how to balance things out from other mothers who are working full time jobs with a child and they all have said so far I can kick my workout plan to the curb unless I do it on the weekends. There has got to be an easier way, any suggestions anyone I am already waking up at 5:30 just to get myself and my son ready and out the door by 7:15 so I really don't want to wake up any earlier just to workout. At night I just don't have the energy or drive at 8pm to workout.
Oh, and one thing I am very proud of the morning donuts that are brought to work by coworkers I have not touch a one of them. Although it was very tempting a few times.
Well ladies I am off to finish mopping before my son wakes up. I hope you all are doing good on your weight loss journey.
Belia way to go on getting to 147 that is awesome girl!!!!
mightywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

Congrats to the ladies who are breaking out of 150's jail! MightyWoman is my hero. Just reading about your life stresses me out!

I'm seemingly stuck even though I'm perfectly on-plan and exercising TWICE a day on most days. Ugh...I'm so sore but feeling proud of my routine. I'm going to get my hair colored (buh-bye random grays) and I'm dreading it because the salon always makes me feel huge and dumpy. All the hair girls are soooo thin and they wear all black to look even smaller. My hair stylist is under 100lbs!! When I made this appointment 2 weeks ago I thought I'd be close to the 140's by now and that I would sashay into the salon (basically a hall of mirrors, right??) and all heads would turn and the paparazzi would go crazy and the other skinny ladies would turn green with envy...Ok, maybe that was not at all realistic but you get the point that I had a weight loss fantasy and I'm disappointed in my progress.

It has already occurred to me that perhaps I could have 4 extra lbs of hair since it's been a while since my last trim...and I briefly considered weighing my pony tail, but then I came to my senses and accepted the fact that my body will do the right thing (lose weight dammit!) over time and chopping off my mane to spite my scale is stupid.

I'm chillaxing with my morning coffee and getting ready to measure out a cup of kashi and a cup of yogurt. I will check back next week with hopefully a better update.

Good luck to all, especially mom's like mightywoman who are making it happen!
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Sounds like everyone is kicking butt!

Last week was my coworker and my one year anniversary of our weight loss challenge. She lost 30.6 and I lost 31 Of course with my 1 pound weight gain this week it takes it to 30 but I'm okay with that. After the weekend I'd like to get back on the losing side of things, I have been doing well at maintenance but I would really like to push myself to reach 140 by Thanksgiving. My pilates instructor has been out of town for the past few weeks, I have been lazy and haven't worked out at all. It is amazing the difference in the way my body looks at 150 with working out and 150 without. I definitely prefer the working out bod!

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick message for you all...i'm so busy as well this month....but hopefully that will make me lose more weight!

I'm currently studying for the GRE...test date is 9/25/11. Wish me luck!

I did a colonic last Tuesday...I lost 2 pounds from that day since!
I think the colonic gets rid of *icky stuff* so you eat better and digest food better. My skin has improved since the colonic!

I'm now eating more greens, salads, and fresh produce. I have cut out ALL dairy. Even butter. I use vegan butter. I also cut out gluten.

This is all helping me.

I now weigh 145.0!! So excited about that!

---------
Now on to you gals:
StephinLA--I was stuck at around 152-154 for the LONGEST time...let me tell you, it was really frustrating to me...I worked out REALLY hard and made myself sore for many days in a row, repeated that for weeks in a row, and finally moved down. It was a combo of that and eating well that did it. From there, the movement kept going, and i didn't have to focus as hard on the exercise, but more so with my diet. that is what i do now...i just focus on my diet and exercise about 3-4 times a week, instead of 6-7 (and sometimes 8 or 9!) times a week. Hang in there!

Jelma--You are doing really well! 30 pounds is a lot to lose. so proud of you! and yes, even at 150, working out vs not working out you see the difference. when i was stuck at 150 for the longest time, i was still happy that i was in better shape working out and able to do a lot of exercise than before i started to lose weight (when i was 150 and couldn't even tolerate 10 min on the stair master~!)

mightywoman--you seem to have a very busy life...USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!! this seemed to do the trick for me...when i got busy, i didn't have time to eat or binge, or obsess about weight. i just did things and was always on the go. that boosted my metabolism! let me tell you, that along with removing refined carbs, really did it for me! so go go go...that helps you with the exercise! i hardly exercise now (compared to what i was doing before) now, i just exercise about 3-4 times a week, and i'm actually losing faster than before since i don't obsess/binge/overeat. i know life can be stressful with all that you have going on, but please also do find some balance as stress can prevent you from losing weight as well. don't take too much upon yourself and seek help from others to carry out tasks that you can't handle. take care friend!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #245  
Mom On A Diet

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/135

Smile

Hello Ladies!!
First I want to congrat all of you on sticking with your weight loss goals, even if we don't always make them. Sticking with it is the winning attitude and you are worth it.
StephInLA, thank you so much for saying I was your hero even if my SuperWoman Cape is a little wrinkled these days, LOL. Honestly I am so exhausted I would rather sleep most nights instead of eating. However, I am going to get back on my Advocare Meal Replacement shakes so I can make sure I am getting the nutrients I need. Also, I am starting to pack a sandwich on that pita bread, just turkey & mustard, lettuce & tomato if I have it. Oh, and my fruit. I can't give up my diet dr pepper.
Way to go Jelma!! I am proud of you. Yahoo!!!
Belia, wow my hates off to you!! I just think that is amazing the diet that you are doing. If I could give up my cheese, which probably won't ever happen, I might be able to eat as good as you.
Ok, I got to get off of here, husband is calling and son is ready for his nightly bottle, then I got to finish laudry & packing for tomorrow.
Cheers to you all & keep up the good work!!
mightywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #246  

I'm moving up and down from 145.0 - 147.0....ughhh, just been inconsistent with eating out on weekends. Well now that the week has started, I'm back on track....

I'm Juicing to replace breakfast every day for the next 10 days. For health and spiritual reasons.

MightyWoman--Try to give up the diet soda. It doesn't have anything good for you in that can. Did you know soda bcans are lined with BPA? Also, soda will make you crave more soda. It's best to quit it while you can. It's not a beverage that aids in any person's health. Water is the best. Every cell in your body requires water. Feed your body water that it needs to survive.

Just some food for thought. I hope you are doing well. Good for you on trying to eat better and pack a healthy sandwich. Watch your nutrients too. Supplement or eat more veg /fruit.

Everyone: WHAT IS YOUR GOAL FOR your next WEIGH-IN? DECLARE IT HERE AND CHEER EACH OTHER ALONG!

ME: 144.0 by Thursday
I hope that everyone has a great week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywoman View Post
Hello Ladies!!
First I want to congrat all of you on sticking with your weight loss goals, even if we don't always make them. Sticking with it is the winning attitude and you are worth it.
StephInLA, thank you so much for saying I was your hero even if my SuperWoman Cape is a little wrinkled these days, LOL. Honestly I am so exhausted I would rather sleep most nights instead of eating. However, I am going to get back on my Advocare Meal Replacement shakes so I can make sure I am getting the nutrients I need. Also, I am starting to pack a sandwich on that pita bread, just turkey & mustard, lettuce & tomato if I have it. Oh, and my fruit. I can't give up my diet dr pepper.
Way to go Jelma!! I am proud of you. Yahoo!!!
Belia, wow my hates off to you!! I just think that is amazing the diet that you are doing. If I could give up my cheese, which probably won't ever happen, I might be able to eat as good as you.
Ok, I got to get off of here, husband is calling and son is ready for his nightly bottle, then I got to finish laudry & packing for tomorrow.
Cheers to you all & keep up the good work!!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Beila - did you hit your goal this week?.

How is everyone else doing?

I weighed in at 149 today I finally drug myself to pilates on Wednesday at a different place than usual, I am still sore! It has been a long time since I was sore from class, it is amazing the difference a few weeks makes.

Foodwise it has been a pretty good week except for last night. It is hard not to overeat a bit when you go out with your friend that is pregnant with twins Surprised I even lost a pound considering it was Chinese food we ate.

My goal for next Friday is to weigh in at 147.5, .5 lower than I have been since I started losing. I have trip to Miami coming up in about a month and a half and would really like to be rocking in my swimsuit, maybe even my bikini!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #248  

I got to 145.5 yesterday as my weigh-in...today...it's a different story! Had a nice dinner at my friends' last night and ate TONS of veggies and salads but that made me gain 2 pounds!

So anyways, I'm battling PITYRIASIS ROSEA and it's horrible! If you google it, you'll see horrible pictures, but mine is mild not that severe...but still it stabs your self esteem and every time i look in the mirror i wanted to cry. It's supposed to "run it's course" for 6-8 weeks, and i believe i'm on my 3 week.

I am trying UVB / UVA tanning at the tanning salon, and it helps! I burned my butt a littl though. It's sore. The radiation from the UVA/YVB supposedly "kills" whatever is affecting me. Not sure what it is but they say that it's associated with a virus, although the condition itself is not contagious. So it could be from anything. Who knows.

I cannot exercise or take hot/warm showers as this worsens my condition, so i just have to focus on my diet and staying stress free, which will be hard since this month is so busy w/ my grad school applications to PA school (physician assistant school).

Anywhoo...
Jelma! Good job getting into Pilates! it's a great workout. Feeling sore is good. It means you are challenging your body and burning cals. If you didn't feel sore, your body is staying the same.

My goal for next Thursday is 143-ish. (up to 143.5)

LET'S DO THIS!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Hey everyone- I can see the bandwagon, and I'm trying to drag myself back up onto it- lol.
I'm up a few pounds from when I last posted, I'm 159.8 lbs these days.
My goal is to do the 17 day diet- for- get this- the next 17 days. It's going to be really really hard for me. I really need to learn self-discipline in many aspects of my life, so doing a strict diet for 17 days is not only about losing weight, but is also a lot about the mental aspect. I would like to lose at least 12 lbs though.
On a personal note, my oldest daughter is almost 3 years old and starting her first day of pre-school tomorrow! I can't believe how quickly time passes. My youngest daughter is almost 1 and has her first 'swim lesson' tomorrow. Life is fun.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #250  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverName View Post
Hey everyone- I can see the bandwagon, and I'm trying to drag myself back up onto it- lol.
I'm up a few pounds from when I last posted, I'm 159.8 lbs these days.
My goal is to do the 17 day diet- for- get this- the next 17 days. It's going to be really really hard for me. I really need to learn self-discipline in many aspects of my life, so doing a strict diet for 17 days is not only about losing weight, but is also a lot about the mental aspect. I would like to lose at least 12 lbs though.
On a personal note, my oldest daughter is almost 3 years old and starting her first day of pre-school tomorrow! I can't believe how quickly time passes. My youngest daughter is almost 1 and has her first 'swim lesson' tomorrow. Life is fun.
Good luck with this diet. It sounds doable. Most diet plans are doable if it's around 2 weeks. When life is fun, you lose more weight! You forget about losing weight and just enjoy the life you have
Old 09-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

Ahhhrrggg...I'm still 155lbs! Why?? I swear to god that I'm 100% faithful to my calorie counting and that I exercise like an animal most 6 days a week. I do yoga and cardio so much that people know me and comment on my dedication. I'm talking about 2 or more hours a day of exercise. My joints ache! I'm aiming for 1300 calories a day and I vary it a little, some days more and some less, but I NEVER binge or go wild. I took a 2 month break from dieting and my weight really didn't change...is my body in love with being 155?? I feel like I can eat ice cream and fries or continue to diet and the scale won't change...Yes, my body has changed consistency: I'm firm where I was previously mushy, my posture is better, my heart rate has dropped dramatically, I'm stronger...but I'm still a size 8 (or 10 sometimes), which isn't bad considering that I'm tall. But I still have fat to lose and I want to lose it!!

I'm so disappointed. I'm doing everything right and nothing is changing. I've been about 155 for 3+ months. I wish the answer was to try harder - but I don't think getting more strict or more exercising is the answer. I have soft and loose joints and if I start training for a marathon or going hard core, I'll get an injury for sure. Maybe I'll start swimming. As for food, it is honestly not possible to eat healthier than I do.

I know it's not healthy to focus on the scale - and I don't as much as this post might lead you to believe. I cherish the non-scale goals, like looking good and getting asked out by my yoga instructor (true!). I'm more or less happy with my body as-is, but it would be amazing to lose these last 10 lbs and I really deserve it. I've worked hard and done everything right. I've been patient and diligent. I'm frustrated and I want to yell at someone for being incompetent or fire somebody for not doing their job...but who is that person? I'm the only one who works here at Steph Inc....and I'm doing my best.

Ok. I'm done ranting. I have better things to do today than get worked up over 10 lbs. I'm going to keep on trying because I don't have any other choice.

I hope all you ladies out there have a great day.
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #252  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywoman View Post
I am learning how to balance things out from other mothers who are working full time jobs with a child and they all have said so far I can kick my workout plan to the curb unless I do it on the weekends. There has got to be an easier way, any suggestions anyone I am already waking up at 5:30 just to get myself and my son ready and out the door by 7:15 so I really don't want to wake up any earlier just to workout. At night I just don't have the energy or drive at 8pm to workout.
I was in the same boat as you. I get up at 5-5:30am, go to work three days a week and since my hubby works late, I didn't have the energy to go to the gym at 8 or 9pm at night to work out. So I workout at the gym on my lunchbreak the three days a week I am at work. And then get a run or two in over the weekend or on a night he doesn't come home that late. Have been able to lose 10 pounds since Aug 1st by getting back into a routine. Great job on your weight loss. I want to be in the 140's so bad but will probably take me another month to get there.
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

So excited to change threads!! 159.8 this AM!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #254  

Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM   #255