Old 07-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. The weather has been driving me nuts. I can't walk at lunch time right now and, since I don't have central air, cooking has been a real challenge. Last week I ate out ALOT but this week I decided to just deal with it and made all my meals at home. I was rewarded with a great weigh in - 149! I am seriously done with the 150s this time, I want to be comfortably in the 140s by next week, if I can get down to 147 I think I will make it stick this time.

Beila & Proatthis - congrats on hitting the 140s!

Mightywoman - have a great vacation! Good for you for not letting the knee injury deter you from working out.

CleverName & ElizabethLC - welcome!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 09:46 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 155/Ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Sorry for the MIA also, just a busy summer but fun and I finally feel like I'm LIVING again!

Update: I'm still 140's land!! 148.5-149lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
I have been on plane and following my diet and exercise and officially weighed in today at 149!!!!!

I'm so excited to be out of the 150s and back into the 140s.

I hope everyone is well and thanks so much for posting it keeps me motivated.
Great job Proatthis! I'm so glad you moved to 140's! You must be ecstatic!! I'm soooo happy for you! It's a great feeling to see the new decade!! So you are camping? That is quite interesting lifestyle! It must be helping w/ the weight loss too as camping usually makes me want to eat less and just explore nature more.

-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywoman View Post
I am learning a lot about myself and struggling to feel comfortable in my own body. If I can carry a healthy attitude and feel better about myself I somehow think that will make me lose the weight at a healthy rate. I got to stop focusing on the bad and start focusing on the good. Will I ever be 135 again? Who knows?? but what I do know is I am going to stay healthy and be happy no matter what weight I am. I am going to focus on staying away from unhealthy foods (i.e. pizza, hamburgers, fried foods) and eat more of the healthy foods (i.e. lean meats, fish, veggies, fruits).

My husband and I are headed for our first vacation without our son this weekend. I am going to have fun and enjoy my time but will do everything in my power to stay away from the dessert tray however I do plan to have a few cocktails via poolside

On a bad workout note, I hurt my left knee doing step on Friday & it is pretty bruised up so I am taking a few days off from doing step. Working on abs and leg lifts on the floor instead.
I too am also going through what you are at this time...learning more about myself, how to handle "food situations" when going out or dining out w/ friends or just going about my life and knowing when and where to eat and how to make my food choices better for myself. I have also been thinking like you have, "stay healthy and be happy no matter what weight I am"....I believe this attitude is what helped me move out of my plateau. I kept getting frustrated at every upward movement, and over analyzing it and trying over and over again with things, exercising super hard, and feeling burnt out from it, overeating due to stress from life, overeating due to stress from trying to lose weight....I was in an unhealthy mental state, and that is usually why most people give up, because they mentally can't get over the mental anguish that comes with weight loss. Determination, patience and a positive attitude are what helped me move past it all.

I have been enjoying pizza and pasta and crepes here and there with friends and when I'm by myself, I just eat a balanced meal with lean meats, veggies and whole grains. I even indulge in chocolates every now and then to keep me "sane" at the end of the day. Chooclates are also my "stop eating" signal at night. I have also learned to brush my teeth right away to help me stop eating late at night. Late night eating was a problem I had a couple weeks ago, and I posted this in the 150's thread, and reading back, I am quite proud of myself in seeing how I am now changed and found solutions to this problem.

Mightywoman, have fun seeing your son this weekend, and please do enjoy your time and dining with your family as well. Becuase I think the more we deprive ourselves, the more we have the desire to eat that very thing we deprive ourselves, and that is why splurging, overeating and binging happens. Well at least in my experience, I feel this is why I binged.

I'm so sorry to hear about your knee injury...I hope that it heals quickly and you are 100% yourself again. I'm so glad that you are still committed to your goals and trying to workout your muscles and abs and not let any injury stop you. THAT IS TRUE DEDICATION!

If you haven't already reached the next decade, you are due for it soon!

----------------

ElizabethLC--I'm so glad you're here! You'll be moving into 140's soon enough! The downward trend is great, and it always is another motivator to push, PUSH PUSH on harder! Keep coming back here for more support and give us the update on your progress. Great job so far!

-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelma View Post
Sorry I have been MIA for awhile. The weather has been driving me nuts. I can't walk at lunch time right now and, since I don't have central air, cooking has been a real challenge. Last week I ate out ALOT but this week I decided to just deal with it and made all my meals at home. I was rewarded with a great weigh in - 149! I am seriously done with the 150s this time, I want to be comfortably in the 140s by next week, if I can get down to 147 I think I will make it stick this time.
AWESOME JOB getting to 149 again! I think this is going to stick...no, wait..I KNOW this will stick this time, and you know you got 147...that is nothing...Just 2 lbs away. We can all do it. You keep that number in mind. Write it down someplace as a reminder. I put on my white board, in large writing, "148 Thursday" to help me remember where I want to be and by when...well Thursday (yesterday) I was 149, but it sure did help me get to a lower number because I was bouncing up from 150-151 earlier this week.

Writing things down, declaring your goals, and letting people know about it helps us all get to where we want to be. At least this works for me.

So declare what you aim to be and by when and we will help you keep accountable to this goal

PATH TO SKINNYVILLE!!
LET'S STAY ON IT!
Beila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:10 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/125-ish

Height: 5' 1/2"

Well.... nobody has replied to Beila's 'challenge' to state our goals and be accountable. So I guess I'll be the first!

Today, I started the 17 day diet. I've been thinking about doing this for months and months. And I've finally, FINALLY started!
I also got my TOM yesterday afternoon. It feels like a new experience, I've only had 6 since December 2007, lol. (Because of two pregnancies and didn't get TOM until about 10 months post partum). So, I'm just going to say that my starting weight this morning was 159.4, since that was what I was all through last week.
My goal? I would love to lose 10 lbs at least in the first 17 days. I would be ecstatic with 15 pounds. I need to get to 142 before we ttc again, and I'd really like to start ttc in september, as I would like a summer baby this time. (-25 Celsius and colder is tough on those tiny infant lungs!).

So by August 17, I will be at least 149 or less.
OH MY GOSH, that gives me a totally different perspective on it, having typed it out like that. In a good way, lol.
CleverName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:07 AM   #229  

I'm aiming for 146.5 by this Thursday, but I ate so much today and didn't do any exercise, so I might have to settle for 147.5. That's okay, last Thursday I was 149.0, which was down from the previous week , 149.5....

Anyhoo...declaring it to the world!

146.5 by Thursday!
Old 08-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #230  

This morning I was 157.4
I haven't seen 157 for a little while, so that was a surprise. And I thought that when it's your TOM, don't you have a few extra pounds on?
Anyway, we'll see how I go. This is exciting though!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 161.4/145/130

Height: 5'5"

Beila you are doing great!

I weighed in this morning and I was up 1. So back to 150. Oh well I'm declaring 148 by next Tuesday august 9!!!!
Proatthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:10 PM   #232  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proatthis View Post
Beila you are doing great!

I weighed in this morning and I was up 1. So back to 150. Oh well I'm declaring 148 by next Tuesday august 9!!!!
Yeah, I'm bouncing up and down, seeing the 150's again is not fun, so it actually helps me work harder to go back down again. I find that the lower the number (148.5 last friday), the more I feel entitled to eat and be lazy about exercise. Not good either. So it's this back and forth with my weight and decade that is kinda weird at the moment.

I declare 146.5 by next Thursday! Tomorrow, just hoping for 148.5. That will bring me down 0.5 lbs from the previous Thursday.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:46 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to come and say hello! I am new to the boards!. My mini goal #1 is to get in the 140's by August 15. I just started (again) my diet Monday.

The last 3 days have been pretty good. I am still struggling with "what to eat" but I have kept my calories around 1200.

This morning my weigh-in was 155.6
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #234  
Mom On A Diet

S/C/G: 167/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Smile Hey Ladies

Sorry about the MIA, went out of town and then had internet problems.
Well I didn't hit my goal yet for the 140's, I was 151 this morning, so close but no cigar yet, LOL
My knee was feeling a little bit better this morning so I worked out for 30 minutes. It felt good to workout some.
Bella I am so glad that you made your goal.
I am hoping to drop a few pounds and get into the 140's in a few weeks.
I had a great time out of town with my hubby, but did miss my son a lot.
I'm swamped here so sorry about this quick reply. I'll check in with everyone & let you know how I'm doing on hitting my goal.
Oh, & if your new to the 150's welcome and keep up the good work.
mightywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightywoman View Post
Sorry about the MIA, went out of town and then had internet problems.
Well I didn't hit my goal yet for the 140's, I was 151 this morning, so close but no cigar yet, LOL
My knee was feeling a little bit better this morning so I worked out for 30 minutes. It felt good to workout some.
Bella I am so glad that you made your goal.
I am hoping to drop a few pounds and get into the 140's in a few weeks.
I had a great time out of town with my hubby, but did miss my son a lot.
I'm swamped here so sorry about this quick reply. I'll check in with everyone & let you know how I'm doing on hitting my goal.
Oh, & if your new to the 150's welcome and keep up the good work.
You'll get there soon mightywoman! i was around 151 for a while, but boom, i pushed myself for 1 week, got into 140's land and never going back!

i hope your knee gets healed completely and you're back to your normal self again.

Glad to hear that you had a great time w/ your hubby and you're back w/ your son now.

WELCOME TO ALL NEWCOMERS into THIS THREAD! Let's help each other move, MOVE MOVE OUT OF HERE!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 180?/142/139

Height: 5"11

I'm still in the 150's (156.8 this morning) but that 's actually GREAT news for me because I took 2 months off to travel (we like LONG trips) with my husband and stopped doing my calorie counting. For 2 months I ate 99% restaurant food because we didn't have a kitchen or fridge. I decided to try eating maintenance at an estimated 1900 calories/day and it worked!! I'm almost exactly the same weight as the day we left on our trip. Even though I'm still 12 lbs from my goal, I'm beyond thrilled that I can maintain relatively easily. I had expected to gain a few pounds and before stepping on the scale I took several deep breaths and promised myself it would be OK no matter what the scale said...but the scale was kind!! Now that I'm back and don't have any travel plans until December, I'm going to ditch these last 12 lbs. I have been saving a $750 gift card to Neiman Marcus for over 2 years and I'm going to do a mini-spree when I hit 145 as a reward. I look pretty good now and I don't cringe when I pass by mirrors like I did before, but I don't LOVE how I look yet and I think I'll look amazing at 145. I'm really excited. I can do this for sure!!!
StephInLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #237  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

StephInLA... this is what I fear since we are going to Monterey Labor Day week with of course wine tasting and other good things in the mix. If I can come back weighting the same as I left, it will be considered a victory! Great job for you during your travels!
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #238  

StephinLA--Great job maintaining! It must have been all the sightseeing and walking! That always helps rev up your metabolism and you won't even notice that it's a workout b/c you're having fun!!

I hope you're doing well and ready to kick some butt to lose more weight!

I'm still in this thread to write to.

Talk soon!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:54 AM   #239  

Well... I suck. LOL, at dieting and also at having ANY willpower whatsoever.
I just don't have the drive yet to do this- the whole losing weight thing.
I am still in the 150's, but only just.

Good news, I went to a step class on Monday, and had a lot of fun. I need to go to classes, that's the way I most enjoy exercising. I haven't gone to a class in three years- since I was pregnant with dd #1, and I went to a series of prenatal classes.

Does anyone have any advice for controlling my eating? I'm actually having mini-binges too... that's what they are, I think. This started a few months ago.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #240  

CleverName--If you have time, check out the "chicks in control" thread of 3FC. There you will find lots of support.

There is even a "binge free challenge" that someone puts up every week.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...8-28-11-a.html

Try posting there and discuss your struggles there with the people experiencing the same things. I used to binge eat but now I don't.

My best advice is to be aware of yourself, what you are doing, and why you are doing it. This has helped me in many areas of life.

Also, know what makes you happy. There are things that you have, things that you do, and people that you have in your life, that will make you feel happy, but all of this is only temporary. The happiness soon fades away.

It is in BEING the person you want to be, or the person that you already are, that makes you a happy person, permanently. Continue being that person, or strive to be that person, and the happiness will follow you.

We have SOME control over what we have, what we do, but we have TOTAL control over what we BE. Who we ARE.

Think this over and see how this can alter your binge behavior.

Last edited by Beila; 08-26-2011 at 09:00 PM.