Old 08-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #1  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Default Newly divorced, guy advice needed

Hey there...over a year ago I knew my marraige was coming to an end. Been on my own with my 2 kids since November of last year and the divorce was final June 2nd. I started this weight loss journey at the end of April and I'm feeling like I may be ready for some fun with someone new. So...how do you go about meeting people? I never dated in school...and I just sort of met my husband one day and that was that. Now this is a whole new world to me and I'm not sure where to even start as a single mom.

Any advice?
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #2  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

If I was looking...

I've picked up some new guy friends at the gym, which is interesting for this little former wall-flower. I LOVE my spin cycle class and we get pretty chatty in there sometimes.

Just a thought. What activities do you like? Because it's really nice if you have something like that in common.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I've entered the brave new world of dating after 18 years out of it. First time was meeting someone by chance (my 50th birthday gift was delivered to a single man's house in the neighborhood). That relationship didn't work out and now I'm trying the online thing. It's been a whole 'nother world from when I dated in my 20s but I do really like that I was able to screen for some big life issues before getting caught up in romance. For example, if profile says a person is not interested in being a stepfather, you know that right away, where a guy that you meet through thinking you're cute and chatting you up may not reveal this fact right away.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #4  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I met my dh online at www.plentyoffish.com.

Good luck!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #5  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

Thanks for the help ladies! I think I need all the advice I can get.
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #6  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

A friend of mine met her hubby online. Many of my married friends met through other friends. Also - You could try out meetup.com. That site has ALL sorts of groups. You could look into the singles groups- or really anything that you are interested in to start meeting other people.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
I met my dh online at www.plentyoffish.com.

Good luck!
Me too Me too! Well, we are not married yet, but have been "living very happily in sin" since last October. I too had been divorced for about two years and tried meeting guys out and about, but its not very easy. Especially in a smallish town. A friend of mine and I decided to try the online thing, and honestly I met some pretty cool people. It also led me to meeting the wonderful man who is in my life. And let me add something else....follow your insticts, look for someone who makes you laugh, and don't go totally off of first impressions. I know, its against everything that you have been told, but my first impression of my bf was not the best. In fact, I was pretty sure I would never talk with him again. I am so thankful every day that we met again. I would have missed out on a wonderful man!
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #8  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Wow. I am really old-fashioned. Even in the 30's group. How funny, my brain never went to on-line dating.

My poor kids...
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote