Old 08-12-2010, 02:32 PM   #1  

Default Why do I sabatoge my weight loss?

Hi! I just joined today. I have been trying for 2 years to lose the baby weight I gained...I lost 60 pounds of it but have 20-30 more to go. I have been sabatoging my weight loss and I can't figure out why! I will excersise everydeay for a week straight and then the next thing I know I am reaching for a pop/junk etc! Once I'm done pigging out I feel guilty and then feel like "what's the point" and give up.
Anyone have advice on how to stop this scycle.
GetFitAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

It's binging, do you cut out everything that is bad completely? Have you tried doing it in moderation? like having a square of chocolate instead of the whole bar?
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #3  

That's a good idea! I do tend to go all or nothing on the fitness, diet etc. I will try to leave room in for little treats that way I won't binge. Thank you
GetFitAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey there,
I'm new, too. I think that you and I have the same problem. I can lose 10 pounds and then I'm like "cool... I'll give myself a free day". Next thing I know my "free day" has turned into 3 or 5 days of total binging on nothing but crap and I've gained most of my weight back. Then I'm all depressed and angry with myself and I give up. Unfortunately, I don't have any advise to give since I'm in the same boat. I can tell you that this is the first time I've tried a "support group", so I'm hoping it will give me the motivation to keep going. Maybe "answering" to people (whether you actually know them or not) will be a good thing. Good luck to you and keep your head up... no one deserves to feel like they are a bad person or unworthy just because they have some weight to lose!!!!
stick2itgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #5  
Future Mrs.

S/C/G: 291.6 / ticker / 175

Height: 5'9

I have trained myself to think of food as only energy. I love junk but I know if I eat it, I must burn the energy that I took in. My weakness in McDonalds. When I eat it, I exercise like a fiend til I've burned off at least half of those calories. That way I am not denying myself and I get more exercise. Hope you can find a happy medium so the sabbotaging stops. Good Luck!
justjill124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

I've done that too. I don't know if it's self-sabotage or just old habits. I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter as long as I get back on plan ASAP. I find that planning eating in advance is hugely helpful, but I know some people hate that.
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/180

I have the same problem. At my biggest, I was 245; working like a trojan, I got down to 190, but guess what? Big surprise! Once I got down 'close enough' to my goal weight I celebrated! But, not in a healthy way - I binged (oh, did I binge!) and 8 months later, I was 232. I have now lost 9 pounds, but I still struggle with keeping it off. I am my own worse enemy when it comes to keeping the weight off. Like you, I am an all-or-nothing gal and struggle with keeping myself to only eating junk food in moderation. But, here's hoping that with the support of this group, that'll change! I guess I need to change my thinking from "once I get to xxx weight, I can celebrate and go back to eating whatever I want" to "once I get to xxx weight, I can celebrate in MODERATION while continuing to watch / be vigilant about what I eat"
office girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #8  
going somewhere....

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/125

Height: 5'2

Default Officegirl....

I am starting over again, the one thing I have had to learn is NOT celebrate with food. I know tough one.

But do something else - manicure, pedicure, great new blouse, new shoes, see a musical, comedy show......

Lots of options.
ready4skinny is offline   Reply With Quote