Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:53 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week Of October 13!!!

Good Morning!!!!I have been piddling all morning doing nothing!!!
Felt nice to sleep in and kiss all over my DH which is rare anymore!!Almost scared to check my sugar now!!!!

Have a great day all!!!!
RR
Old 10-13-2002, 06:36 PM   #2  

My friend Marilyn died after midnight last night.
- jul
Old 10-13-2002, 06:52 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. We took a spontaneous trip to Atlantic City last night. Ate dinner and played a couple hours then came home. We didn't get here until 2:30 so I slept late today . It was fun.

RR: Sure hope that sugar was OK.

Jul: I'm so sorry about your friend. You will be in my prayers.

Gonna go keep DH company now. Have a good evening all.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #4  

hi all.

I'm back from parent's weekend at ds' college. Had a great time.

And now I'm not going to Orlando to open the store for the next week. They don't need me so I'm staying home. woohoo!

I'll read the posts to get caught up.

Rabbit
Old 10-13-2002, 07:29 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Jul- I'm soo sorry. My thoughts are with you all.

Just a quick check in...
Old 10-13-2002, 07:33 PM   #6  

me again.
Sunshine ~ WELCOME!

Karen - wow! What nice words of support you gave me! thanks. ~ Glad your project is about done.

Lauren - ds loves pumpkin pie. I am not a good crust maker - need to learn for him.

Rr - so nice you had a chance to sleep in.

Jul - I am so sorry about your friend.

Rabbit
Old 10-14-2002, 04:22 AM   #7  

ust a quick monday check in!

Jul, that's I will pray too.

Rabbit, lucky you!

this is the week I'm going to hear if we're going on or not at work, in the meantime: desperately seeking Greek! It really
This past weekend we had elections (not national, county and city). I thought I would not have to go and that it wasn't obligatory. But it was, oops! Lucky me (ahem), there's still a second round Next Sunday. Y'all have NO idea how much I'm looking forward to it...

Saturday this friend came over. I cooked for once. That is, I called grandma and then started. I cooked: potatoes in lemon sauce with feta cheese. Egg plant salad, egg plant (different sort) stewed, 2 salads, and turkey fillets pane! Good bottom for what was coming next... My friend is a former Dutch National Ballet dancer and now a choreographer. And extremely gay. And he came armed with a bottle of wodka. He's very funny (and a ) so it was a scream. Also because he started to tease you-know who BF a tiny bit verbally, who is definitely a bit homophobic although generally he behaves well. Do I need to say more? I had fun at least...albeit of the evil kind at this point. Thank god I didn't have to drive as I was home already. The bottle went into the trash (empty). Must stress I am not a drunk, we had a lot of people in cour company, but still...
Sunday: NO hangover. You-know-who cooked us dinner, Serbian Bean soup. Yummy! Grandma complained afterwards when I went to visit her though: I think I smell even now of garlick (can you smell me?). Lucky me, this is a county for garlick lovers and most of the time, unless you've eaten someting really evil on garlick, nobody notices any more (like potatoe-garlick sauce: take 1 lb potato mash, add at least 4 crushed garlick thingies, add some olive oil, and lemon juice, salt, let stand at least 2 hrs in the fridge (no pepper, this is fiery by itself). Eat with meat or fish. Boys and Girls, don't do this on a weekday, it might be dangerous for your social life!).

That reminds me: I promised someone the recipe for spinach 'n beans (or rice) my gran makes, so here goes: for 2 persons: fry a chopped onion in some (2 tbs) olive oil, add: dill, parsley, (fresh if possible), salt, pepper, and 1 pound of spinach, washed. Let shrink. Add 1 teacup of rice (not parboiled) or 2 of ready boiled plain beans (garbanzo, white beans) and 1/2 cup water. Let boil slowly until rice ready (about 20 min) or beans.
AND maybe you could add some garlick (crushed)
Should be mushy and have some juices. Sprinkle with lemon juice, eat as a snack or with some meat. Calories about 300 max for recipe as stands per person.

Welcome to our new girl. See you around!

Fragrantly yours,

Vassiliki

P.S. Did I ever mention we never have vampire sightings in this country, although Romania (Dracula's homebase) is almost next door? Wonder why...

Last edited by Greekgirl; 10-14-2002 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:55 AM   #8  

GG-Must be the garlic!!!!!

Jul-I am soo sorry for your friends family...You will all be in my prayers...
RR
Old 10-14-2002, 08:00 AM   #9  

Hi everyone,
Well I don't know what I've gotten myself into. I signed up for two 5K runs. One is Oct 25th and the other is Oct 29th (four days apart!!). I thought I was in great shape for it cuz I can do it on the treadmill without too much problems (with a/c, ceiling fan, and my favorite tunes to listen to). Last night I tried running outside in the harsh real world and just about killed myself. I woke up this morning at 2 am with a blazing headache and had myself convinced I was having an aneurism. Obviously I'm okay now and headache is gone. I'm gonna have to really train the next two weeks.

Besides that I'm meeting with the PT again this week to change up my workout. She's gonna completely switch it up and have me do 2-8 min of hard cardio between each set of weights (five times). I'm gonna be running all over the gym.

Jul, I am really sorry about your friend.

GG, I loved your story about the friend hitting on X-BF. Too funny!!! It sounds like you had a wild night (especially if the bottle was empty). I love garlic too but I hate the way I smell afterwards. They say it's a good cancer fighter. If so, I shouldn't have any problems. Good luck with your work!

Rabbit, welcome back...sorry I've been mia but I have been lurking. So where is this store in Orlando? What's the name of it? I'll have to go check it out.

Welcome to all the newcomers!!! This is a great place for support. I'm down 15 lbs and have 25 more to go.

Have a good week everyone!
Liz
Old 10-14-2002, 08:49 AM   #10  

Well Hello there all - Remember me?

Sorry for the long period of absence. Just pluggin along here trying to get myself in order. Been quite busy - in the interest of not going completely under during my little phase of part-time employment, we have moved. You may remember, we were looking to buy but there is so much talk about the housing bubble in Boston bursting PLUS I lost my job... so....

We actually got a great deal on a place. It is small, but in a great location right on the train. Had no $ for the move so literally did the whole thing on our backs using our 2 cars to transport things back and forth (friend with truck helped with the 3 big items). Actually very happy with the new digs, the new location and the cheaper rent!

Unfortunately, though - WE HAVE NO SPACE! My little wings are fluttering as fast as they can, but there are still 2 boxes with no homes. Not too bad actually, considering we literally now have about 500 SF for myself, the BF and the beast. Best part - the BF's mom came out to visit (planned well in advance) about 1 week after we moved! She had the bed, BF had the couch and I got the dog bed (In his defense, had business trips the last week in Aug and the first week in Sept. He wanted to wait to move until at least November. During his 1st business trip, I found the place. We moved during his 5 days in town, then his mom arrived 2 days after his 2nd trip. I deserved the dog bed) Dog was not happy. Anyway - it was really great to see her.

Still actually closing out the old job (3 days a week until the end of the month) plus doing the part-time teaching. Now I just need to get letters out to find a full-time gig.

Major problem? The size of my butt! As you may recall (most likely not) I was down to just in between an 8 and 10 (with a rare 6 fitting on occasion). Well.....No more my friend! It is not too bad, I am still in the 10's - but its not always that comfy. More importantly, however, I just don't FEEL as well as I was feeling. Have gotten no exercise and have had almost every meal out for WEEKS. Looking pasty, have no energy, etc.

So - This weekend we got the kitchen in order and yesterday I grocery shopped. After my Diet Dr. Pepper breakfast, it is right back on track.

Hope you don't mind if I stop back in from time to time?

Will try to get caught up - For now...

Jul - so sorry to hear of your loss. You are in my thoughts.

Liz - YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just visualize yourself right back in that gym with the AC, ceiling fan, tunes, and some really HOT hunks just up ahead - You will finish that race! LOL

LBH and RR - Hope all is well! my sister is due NOV 8th - we are all so excited!

Rabbit - Can I rejoin your journal?

Sorry to everyone else - I will catch up when I can.
Old 10-14-2002, 12:46 PM   #11  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Bailey!!- Welcome Back Stranger!! Good to see you!! Sorry about the job, but glad you were able to find a more affordable solution to get you through. 500 sf?! You poor thing!!

Liz- Two 5K's?! You must've been feeling really motivated that day, huh?! Good luck to you, hope it gets cool for those two days.

GG- at the x-bf/friend situation!! That must've been pretty funny. Both those recipes sound really good, and healthy too, I think I will have to try them!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-14-2002, 12:49 PM   #12  

Howdy Bailey!!!! Welcome back. It sounds like you've been one busy camper. It's great to hear from you again. As you can see I'm still here but I haven't lost anything since you left us. Of course, it's all your fault ya know!!
Old 10-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #13  

hello.

I'm thinking a lot about the choices I'm making - now to do more about it than just think!

Actually I am doing more. I have changed my workout. I'm doing 20 minutes on the bike instead of 15, I'm doing 15 minutes of weights instead of 10 and am doing 3 reps of my exercises. Now If I can quit bringing things into the house I shouldn't . . .

Although I did throw away the cashews today (what was left of them). I don't need those!

Greek - good luck on the work situation.

Liz - wow - you must have been feeling motivated! Hooray for you and good luck. ~ The mall has it's grand opening this coming Friday. It is called the Mall of the Millenia. The store is called Dry Ice. Do you live near there?
BAILEY! Great to hear from you! Stick around girl and welcome back to the journal also.

Gotta run. Rabbit
Old 10-14-2002, 05:06 PM   #14  
Hollywood Homebody

hi all

nothing new with me, which is why i haven't posted much. i think i'm about to give up on the house hunt and just stay with my parents for as long as i can stand it.

rabbit -- good luck with the new plan! i find if i don't bring stuff into the house i don't even really crave it. if i'm REALLY craving it enough to actually go out and get it, then i must want it pretty badly

bailey -- wow 500sf. i think my storage unit is like 300sf and that's with everything piled in there front-to-back. i definitely couldn't fit in that little space. good luck with the new digs and the job hunt!

liz -- good luck with the PT and the 5Ks!

jul -- i'm very sorry about your friend

karen -- glad you had fun in atlantic city! i'm itching for a trip to vegas. i might go to tahoe with some friends in february but that seems so far away...

hi to everybody else, and i hope you all have a great week!
Old 10-14-2002, 06:26 PM   #15  

Bailey--WElcome back!!!!

Hello all!!--Having a hormonal emotional funk mood now and may pop in now and then....
RR
Closed Thread