Old 06-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Default Snack Suggestions

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had some good for you snack suggestions that help fulfill your sugar cravings. For so many years I have snacked with the kids and that is my major downfall. I eat the cookies, cake and ice cream with them. I do so good during the day and then about 1 hours after dinner I am starving.
bmwbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #2  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 184/138/120

Height: Almost 5'2"

I really find that the more fruit I eat the less sugar cravings I have. My favorite thing right now is berries mixed with some greek yogurt, sometimes I add a little honey. I also usually end up having a plateful of salad with some kind of dressing later in the day if I'm really hungry to tide me over until dinner, it's generally an hour or so away from dinner. It's not the quickest thing but it hits the spot for me.
Bigknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #3  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow Bigknitter, I was going to post the same snack! I eat a large bowl full of blueberries or fresh pineapple or strawberries or bananas topped with 2% greek yogurt, fresh nutmeg & cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. If I don't have honey in the pantry, I put a little bit of whipped cream (the real stuff from the can) on top for sweetness. It's really good, cold, sweet and light and it really fills me up!

A bowl of cereal with lots of fiber and not too much sugar also hits the spot. But I prefer the fruit & yogurt.

Oh! I love sliced Granny Smith apples dipped in natural peanut butter! For an added kick, drizzle a LITTLE chocolate syrup on the peanut butter. Fruit, fiber, protein & chocolate! Can't go wrong with that one!!

Happy Snacking!

Last edited by olivia627; 06-23-2010 at 09:32 AM.
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 AM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbabies View Post
I do so good during the day and then about 1 hours after dinner I am starving.
This sounds like not enough calories during the day and/or not getting enough protein. At your weight, *not figuring ANY exercise*, you need 1700 calories a day. Add exercise, add calories. I used this calculator to figure this info:
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

If you think you are consuming enough calories - look into upping your protein intake. Try getting 100g per day for 1 week and see if you are still starving at the end of the day.

I have a home daycare and 4 kids of my own - those sweet treats sure do look tempting! I cut down on serving them and replace them with the suggestions already made (fruit and yogurt, apples and PB, etc) I have found good reception from the children and better results for myself.

Blessings!
Andrea
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Some of my favorite snacks are low fat graham crackers with 1T sugar free preserves, Sugar Free pudding or fruit.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/227/150

Thank you for the snacking suggestions. I love fruit and yogurt!!!

Andrea....maybe i'm not getting enough calories....I don't really like breakfast but will force myself to have oatmeal (pk kind) or a piece of 45 cal bread with butter. For lunch I usually have a frozen meal....weight watchers or lean cuisean, with carrot and humus or apple sauce. Then when I get home I am so hungry and then eat impulse things such as chips or cookies. I think i'm going to keep a log to track what I eat and go from there!

Thank you all for your suggestions.
bmwbabies is offline   Reply With Quote