Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 12:01 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Sept 22!!!!

Wow..This month has flown by!!!!I checked here earlier and the whole thread was down for updating..Made me worried for a moment!!!Hope everyones weekend is good!!!!Mine, I am just playing around!!!
RR
Old 09-22-2002, 12:33 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Not much going on around here, just cleaning a little, and doing laundry. Have to start wearing more of my prego clothes now, I think I popped this week! We went to my mom's yesterday to bring the things over that were in the baby's room. Still have to make another trip...next weekend I guess. Mom found someone to rent out her upstairs to, so DH has to get over there more often and finish painting, and putting the hardware on the cabinets. They are a couple from her church. The husband is the maintainence supervisor and the wife is a teacher at the church school.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 09-22-2002, 01:46 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Not having such a good weekend here. I think I am having growing pains. Nothing bad enough to call the doctor, no spotting or anything. Just uncomfortable and the more I move around the more uncomfortable it is. I'm definitely calling the office tomorrow though. I guess you gotta pay for no m/s some way! Yesterday I ate every veggie in the house trying to get things going thinking fiber was my problem. Well, they did their job but the pain is still there. UGH.

Lauren: How fun. Getting to wear the maternity clothes. I looked around at Taget the other day, but of course, there was nothing in my size. Guess I will have to look around online or something. No exactly sure how to go about that. My clothes are already tight. Hopefully I can make it with the elastic wastes for a while.

Considering all the veggies I've eaten this weekend I must be doing OK with food!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #4  

hello.

I spent yesterday getting my kitchen/laundry room ready for the painter. Everything is moved out & cleaned up. It was very dusty on top of my cabinets! Monday she will start there. Tuesday is the master bed & bath.

When I went shopping Friday I finished getting everything I need for our costumes for my sister's party. I might have mentioned we were doing a song?? And we will dress as my sister at various stages of her life. I will be her college years - I'll be dressed in the FlashDance look - torn up tshirt, etc. My other sis will be dressed as a h.s. track runner. My ds will be wearing my sister's flight attendant uniform & my brother will be a h.s. cheerleader! Should be hilarious. I bought the boys wigs. And the song is written.

RR - we are having a nice relaxing day today also. the weather is a little cooler here and gorgeous.

Lauren - when is your due date?? I've forgotten!

Karen - I sure hope you are feeling better.

have a wonderful day.

Rabbit
Old 09-22-2002, 02:35 PM   #5  
LBH

Hi All,

Still doing laundry...and surfing for recipes.

Rabbit- January 17th is the EDD!! My counter says 3 months, 24 days as of today!!

Karen- It's probably bloating at this point! That's probably part of the problems/pains you're having too. Motherhood Maternity has a pretty decent plus size department. I got a few outfits there. In fact, I just ordered more stuff from them online this past week, because I realized I spend way too much time trying to find something that fits!! They're pretty much in every mall. I remember in the beginning, I just had this heavy feeling in my lower stomach, like I felt like I had to hold it in, or wear leggings to keep it in, know what I mean? Hope the M/S stays away for you.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:08 AM   #6  
Hollywood Homebody

hi ladies

boy what an exhausting weekend. but i'm completely moved out of the original old apartment. turned in my keys and everything. hopefully i get most of the deposit back. i didn't clean very well but the manager didn't seem too concerned about that. there were a few stains on the carpet (bad doggy ) so maybe just carpet cleaning costs..

i ate horribly today. my sister was in town and we ordered pizza. plus i had the new buffalo wings and they threw in a box of cinnastix. i can't not eat those things, they're so yummy!! but i figure i really haven't pigged out in the least since mid-may. so i was overdue hopefully there won't be too much damage. my scale is at the new old house (the one i'm moving out of) so i won't know!

hope everybody is doing well and had a great weekend!
Old 09-23-2002, 05:06 AM   #7  

Good Morning!!!!I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!!! Remember when I bought a baby bed from a friend???..well parts were missing and the bedrail wouldnt stay up and then it was soo hard to get down...Lesson #1--BUY a NEW BED!!! Soooooo..DH and I went shopping and bought the bed of my dreams...It is simply beautiful!!!!!I want to put her in it now!!!!I guess I can wait 11 more weeks though!!!!! BTW--I am almost following my diet--need to add about 4 more carbs a day.. My sugar last night was great but then this AM..a little high at 97...I have lost 3 lbs since following a "diet." Hopefully, I want get fussed at too much!!!!!!

Karen--YEP..sounds like the bloating to me..THat was horrible!!!TOo big of a belly at night, then the belly was flat in the morning!!!Now, it is big all the time and soo funny to lie down and watch my belly button poke out and jump around..Ms Priss is very active!!!!!I can feel the belly button is gonna stay out soon since it is flat now!!!

La--Soo glad U R out!!!!Just get back on track!!!Cant say I have had those cinimin stix thingees!!!!Guess it is good not to try it!!!

Have a great day all!!!
RR
Old 09-23-2002, 08:08 AM   #8  

Mornin' everyone!

Monday mornin after 'nother one of "those" weekends.
Was supposed to go to the wedding on Saturday and chill on Sunday, but unfortunately my colleague wanted to do it the other way round, so went Sunday instead. got hom on sat 02.00 after drinks, got slightly tipsy on 2 drinks and as the cafe/bar I was at is very close and I was on foot, I chose to go back on foot (very safe neighbourhood). Only, I went the wrong way at first...Fortunately I found out in time, had a good laugh about myself, and headed home, this time in the right direction...
On, Sunday: the wedding party (definitely not a typical Greek one!)
We also took a new friend of my colleague's, a Greek from Australia, fresly arrived and really attractive (already taken unfortunately, figures)! Nice company for under way, as the trip takes 2 1/2 hours. We then arrived at somebody's (groom's friend) mansion, on a huge estate, overlooking the sea, in the midst of olive trees and woods. As the couple was very easy-going, they's said that you could just come by one of the days and see them, talk to people, lie at the swimming pool, or use the (private) beach...sigh.
Which we did. We were all so tired we actually slept on the beach for 1 hour or so, and then went and mingled, and had an interesting day with really interesting people, some wacky and into healing etc, some bank directors etcetc, very funny and cool.
Today reality is slapping me in the face once again, and I am going on in the quest for a job (not doing too bad actually). My friend is coming back tonight from her island job, and another friend is arriving tomorrow from France for a week's stay.
At least I don't get any chance to get bored...
LA, good you got out! Forget the carpet, you had enough problems with these people!

This for now, DUTY awaits me (and fun is not far off either!)

Zorba the Geek, ah...Greek
Old 09-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #9  

HELLO.

I had a nice weekend & today the painting starts. I'm nervous - sure hope I like it. Today was my official weigh in day & I lost one pound. I lost a pound last week also , so I'm happy.

Lauren - I didn't realize it was so soon, I guess. RR is due in December & then you in Jan. Wow.

LA - hooray that you are all moved! ~ I have had those cinnamon stix - they are delicious.

RR - enjoy the new beautiful bed! When in December?

Greek - oh that sounds like such a cool place for a wedding.

gotta run - Rabbit
567.977 miles

Last edited by Rabbit; 09-23-2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 12:59 PM   #10  

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I had a great weekend and watched lots of football with friends. I didn't do so well with the eating though -- dang all those football munchies!! I took my pup to a Humane Society fund raiser on the beach Saturday morning. She won 2nd place for smallest dog (she's a 4 mo old toy poodle). Then she got to play in the sand for the first time. She was high tailing it in circles then sticking her nose in it. She was a mess but had a good time!!!

I'm still maintaining the weight but I'm hoping its just cuz AF will be here tomorrow. I'll wait to see what the scales say at the end of this week.

Have a good one!!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:54 PM   #11  
Donna

Just dropped in. Had a great time on vacation. Turns out there are a lot more wineries on the Niagra Penninsula than I knew about (we figured close to 40). So needless to say we didn't visit them all . We also visited the locks at St. Catherines' (they go around Niagra Falls). That was fun (that's what you get when you let 2 engineers go on vac together ). We also visited "Dundurn Castle" in Hamilton, not far from Toronto. I really enjoyed it and recommend it. The play in Stratford was fun and entertaining also. But it's good to be home. I can't believe we've been married a year . It seems like just yesterday we were planning the wedding.

RR - Glad your diet seems to be working out.

Rabbit - The party sounds like it'll be fun. Hope the painting's going well.

GG - Good luck with the job hunting.

Jule - Your date sounded like fun. Sorry to hear about your freind.

Liz - Sounds like your dog's great. Good luck with the scales.

Karen - Hope you can stick it out with school you are so close!

LBH - Good luck with the new clothes and cleaning.

Well tomorrow is the beginning of my 10 week challenge to myself. I'm going to go in early and talk to the WW leader and ask that they not let me know my weight until the end. It seems that when I feel fat and bloated I lose and when I feel thin I gain and I think that's messing with my head. So I'm going to go for no knowledge until the end. What do you guy's think? I also think that I'm going to start tracking my journal here again with the others to see if that helps. Hopefully I can get back on track soon!!!!!!!

Well gotta go make a shopping list and go grocery shopping (yuck ) )

- Tech

Last edited by TechAlum; 09-23-2002 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:19 PM   #12  

Rabbit--I am due Dec17th but they will probably take her 2 weeks early cuz of the G Diabetes...Hey I am ready!!!!!!I am predicting the first week of Dec!!!!BTW--The crib is at www.babysdream.com and will convert to a toddler bed and then a reg bet..Worth the money!!I got the cherry wood!!!!
RR\
Old 09-23-2002, 04:35 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! Well, here is my sob story.......the uncomfortable feeling turned into real pain and I got VERY worried. I headed to the 'puter and was reading all about ectopic pregnancies and scared myself silly. I went to the doctor today and Peanut is fine!! DH took the day off and went with me because, of course, I was crying my eyes out. We got to see him (it's going to be so hard calling it her if it's a she!!) on the sonogram and see the little heart beating. It was way cool!! Not that I think much of a vaginal sonogram when you are in pain. Turns out I'm having round ligament pain. It may or may not go away, may or may not switch sides.......yippee. I think I would ALMOST rather have m/s.

RR: OMG, that bed is totally awesome!! Beautiful design. Hope she enjoys sleeping in it and has many beautiful dreams there!! Wow, Dec is so close.

Lauren: You are getting close too!! Ya'll are gonna be old hands at this before I get there!!

Rabbit: Yeah on the two pounds!! You go girl. You will be my inspiration for after May.

GG: What an awesome weekend. Good luck with the job hunting.

Tech: Vacation sounded like fun. Hope you are all relaxed and ready to go again.

Liz: What color is your puppy? Next time I get a dog I want a smaller one. We have a Rottweiler and a Lab/Border Collie mix. They are too big for my house.

OK, gonna go put my feet up for awhile......Doctor's orders to rest!! Have a great evening.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:41 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Man, I'm soo busy at work that I didn't even get to post yesterday!

Karen- Ah yes, the round ligament pains. I never heard of them before PG, and now I wish I never had. They come and go, but the last couple weeks have been bad. It's like a stabbing pain that shoots through you and takes your breath away. I have woken myself up in the middle of the night with it, because I tried to turn over in bed and it came. That's one PG side effect I could do without.

RR- Oh Vicki, that bed is beautiful!! I wish I could have a new one like that, but it's just not economical, because we have twin and full bed frames put away for when he's older, so we'll stick with using my brother and SIL's.

Rabbit- How did the first day of painting go?

Liz-Aww, I can just imagine your little puppy running around the beach. My dog Niki used to do that in the snow. She was a husky sheppard mix and of course loved the snow. She was a nut, but she'd practically disappear in the white snow, since she was off white!!

GG- I have a great imagination and I get a mental picture everytime you explain your escapades! How beautiful that mansion sounds!!

Tech- Glad you had a good vacation! Good luck with the 10 wk. challenge! Sounds like a good plan. I don't think I could go that long without knowing my weight though!!

Oh well, I'm running late today...gotta jump in the shower. Oh, we were supposed to have our consult with the Dr. that's in with the midwife after work last night, but they callled to reschedule because he had someone in labor and didn't think he'd make it back. So we're going at 1:30 tomorrow. At least it's centrally located between our two offices, so we can do it at lunch.

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-24-2002, 03:15 PM   #15  

hello.

Hi all. I realized today I have been in a pms eating mode. Not pretty. ~ The painting is going great. She is finishing the kitchen & going to start on the master bed/bath. ~ I have been racking my brain trying to think of party favors to do for the women at my sister's 40th - you know I could do little teas, maybe chocolates, maybe pretty soap. Then today I got the best idea! I'm doing nail polish. They will love that. And I got toe separators to put in each one and cuticle oil. I'm so excited about it now.

Liz - congrats to the little pup for his 2nd place ribbon.

Tech - Happy Anniversary!

RR - I thought you had said something recently about her coming early, but I couldn't remember when. ~ The crib is gorgeous!

Karen - so glad you went and got checked out & that everything is fine!

gotta run.

Rabbit:hypno2:
Closed Thread