Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 07:27 PM   #16  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Just a quickie. I'm in class . I'm having so much trouble with this final project. A very easy piece has taken me 3 nights of school and it's still not working. I'm going to leave early and go home to get DH to help me. I'm just sitting here going in circles.

Hope everyone is having a super night!!
Old 09-24-2002, 09:03 PM   #17  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Well, I am having a heck of a night but now it is better..I couldnt find my oldest 15y/o cat soo DH and SD went to look for her..I almost panicked when Sd ran in and told me she had been washed down the water drain in the road...OMG..I was hysterical and crying..DH called 911 and they told us we could open up the metal thingee...(Remember--Hurricane in the neighborhood--Lots of rain)He and the neighbor opened it up and he gently put SD in the hole and she was able to grab the cat and hand her up to me..She is fine, but very wet and scared..She ate a whole can of food after and I locked them all up together since the weather is soo bad here and getting worse....I am off to sleep cuz Ms PRiss is getting active!!!!!!
Vicki
Old 09-25-2002, 11:13 AM   #18  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

RR- Oh, poor kitty, I hope she's all warm and dry and feeling better now!

Karen- Hope DH was able to help with the project.

Rabbit- Glad the painting's going good.

I'm getting nervous about the appt. with the Dr. today. I'm soo frustrated with DH sometimes, I just feel like saying, fine, screw it, I'll stick with the original practice if it will keep the peace. He gets soo high on his horse sometimes, I want to scream!! We had a huge argument last night over school. He was supposed to start going to paralegal school next week, and all of a sudden he says he's feeling pressured and thinks he should wait until the spring session! (He's been talking about it for a year, where's the pressure?!) So I told him that I thought he should go now, because at least he'd have a few months of classes before the baby comes...it's a 10 month program. Finally last night he got into more detail about why he wants to wait and made a little more sense, and I said fine, go to the spring session. He said he already sent in the p/w for next week, because "I always have the answers"!! So he basically did it to spite me, even if "he failed out"!! So he's gonna call today and tell them he's got a lot of family stuff going on right now, and if it's OK, he'd like to wait until the spring session. Honestly, men are such morons sometimes!! Oh, we did make up though...

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-25-2002, 12:36 PM   #19  

hello,

Painting still going well. Although the painter and I did not like the color in the bedroom so we skipped that & started on the hallways. Gotta pick a new color. DH will be happy if I pick something dramatic.

Plans still going well for my sister's party. I've been working on a picture posterboard that I think is coming out well. Pictures all through her life. They're fun to look at. Today I've got to run get bags & ribbons for the party favors.

Karen - good luck getting the project done!

Rr - I'm glad the cat is okay!

Lauren - maybe he was nervous about starting something new?

gotta run - have a super day!

Rabbit
Old 09-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #20  
LBH

Rabbit- Didn't you say the bedroom was gonna be green? Why didn't she like it...and more importantly, why are you changing it because of her?! Dark green is a very soothing color for the bedroom, that's what mine was in my mom's house. ...OK, end of my 2 cents!!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:32 PM   #21  

Hi all, so is anyone thinking about posting a journal? I looked at a couple of them. I like the idea but don't know if I'll do it -- but I enjoy reading others.

I made the mistake and stepped on the scale this morning -- up two pounds. It's TOM so I'm hoping that's the cause. I feel skinnier but the scale disagrees. I'll check measurements at the end of this week.

Rabbit, someday soon we're gonna paint our bedroom. I'm thinking taupe or something similar -- dark and soothing. DH wants to paint the walls black so it's cavelike. Your party sounds like it's going to be so much fun!! What a wonderful surprise for your sis.

LBH, I'll second the motion about men being morons. My DH amazes me sometimes -- but ya gotta love 'em. My two cents about the Dr vs MW: Go with what YOU want!!!! No one but you is having this baby so you need to have your meetings with everyone and if you still want to use the MW then do it. There are pros and cons for both and you should go with what makes you feel most comfortable. (But what do I know...I don't have kids and I'm very stubborn and independent)

RR, I'm so glad your cat is okay. I hope you are staying safe and dry from Isidore.

KK, I hope DH can help you figure it all out. I had nightmares last night that I was back in school (I got my BA in 2000 after many years of night school). I don't think I'll ever be able to go back and get my Masters. I hate school. Abby (my pup) is black with a white spot on her chest and chin. Today is her first day with free roam of the house. This week she has learned to jump over her gate so we are testing her out today. Hopefully she won't destroy anything!! BTW, I'm sorry about your friend.

Tech, your vacation sounds perfect. I love visiting wineries. Happy Anniversary!! Good luck with your new plan.

Well, one hour until I see what the pup has done to our home.
Liz
Old 09-25-2002, 04:38 PM   #22  
LBH

Well, the meeting went OK, but I don't know if I really like this guy. I mean, he seems easy enough to talk to, and hopefully I'd never need him, but honestly, he was talking about how this woman (a pt.) was PO'd because the nursery gave her newborn a bottle of formula when they weren't supposed to, and he told us flat out that she said (f-you, f-you...) but he actually said the words!! I was taken aback, like, uh, you don't even know me and you're saying that?! Then in the same conversation, he said sh*t!! I mean, it's totally unprofessional even if I've known him for years, but come on!! Anyway, I do still like Tina, the MW, so I made an appt. with her for my next check up, which will be Monday, 10/7. DH said he doesn't care for him, but if I can deal with him, fine. He also said the first funky thing that happens, I'm going back to the doctor. I hope it works out.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:39 PM   #23  
LBH

Oh, Liz, I got a journal, but for now have opted to keep it private. I think it's a cool idea.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:23 PM   #24  
Donna

Hello All -

RR - The bed is beautiful! You're so excited it's cute. Too bad about the cat. Hope you're staying dry .

Karen - Glad everything worked out at the doctors. Hope the pains go away soon. Good luck with the program.

Liz - The feeling thin weighing more is why I've decided to not look at the scale for a while. Hope those 2 lbs are just TOM.

LBH - Good luck with the MW thing. Hopefully everything works out good for you.

Rabbit - You're putting so much into your sister's party I admire you. Martha Stewart I am not!!!!

Well we went to WW last night and I told them I didn't want to see the weight. I bought a 12 week pre-paid so I think I'm going to wait until they run out to look. That will take me to the Tuesday before Christmas. If I can stick with it until then, then I can make it work. Keep your fingers crossed.

Have a great evening all!!!

- Tech :lemon:
Old 09-25-2002, 08:34 PM   #25  
Working on Weight loss!!!

The cat is fine today....Dry and put up in the cat house with the rest of the crew!!!!We are expecting 60mph winds in the morning about the same time I go to work...I am a nervous wreck thinking about it soo will take Tylenol and go to sleep tonight...

Lauren--WEird about a professional saying those things...Glad u liked the MW..I go to the MD on Tues next week!!!!I am gonna beg for a sonagram to see the baby again...I do get that $1000/bonus from DH if a boy pops out, soo I am gonna see if I can spend that money yet!!!!*L*

WEll, must run..THe weather is a little nasty and we are turning off powers!!!!!
RR
Old 09-25-2002, 08:46 PM   #26  
Hollywood Homebody

hello everyone

well the saga continues.. while driving from the new old house to the old old apartment, i got rear-ended on the freeway so now i have to deal with getting my car fixed. a coworker of mine was so thoughtful as to remind me that bad things come in 3's. now i'm waiting for the third shoe to drop!! but luckily it didn't drop onto the scale. i'm down another 3 pounds. all this stress is at least good for something

RR - i'm so glad your cat is ok! i panic every time my dog goes outside here at my parents house. their yard is so huge i'm afraid he's gonna find some way to escape. but so far he's always returned!

Tech - good luck with the WW. i find i'm more anxious when i don't know. i guess i'm a little scale obsessed

Lauren - sorry to hear about the dr. that does seem completely unprofessional! i hope everything works out for you. it seems the most important thing here is for YOU to be comfortable!! tell DH next time he has a baby, he can pick whomever he wants.

Liz - try not to worry about the 2lb. if you feel skinny, you ARE skinny! it's all about the attitude

KK - good luck with school and the peanut. i hope everything is going better for you!

GG - good luck to you too with your job search. i seem to be wishing lots of luck today!

anyway, almost time for dinner. that is one nice thing about living at home. lots of yummy home cooked meals!!

talk to you all soon.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:00 PM   #27  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I feel SO much better today. I only have the pain when I have to go to the bathroom. I can live with that.

Lauren: Bummer about the doctor. That's a little weird for my taste too. I've known the doctor I work with for three, almost four years now and he would never talk like that in front of us. It's NOT professional AT ALL. Maybe he thought he was putting you at ease or something. Sure hope things work out well for you.

RR: Oh my, poor kitty. Glad to hear that she is good and dry now. SD was very brave to allow DH to lower her into the sewer!! I don't know if I could do that!! Tell her we're proud of her for that!! $1000 bonus for a boy?!! Wow, here's keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

LA: Geez, you are having a string of bad luck. Don't walk under any ladders or break any mirrors!! Sounds like a dream to be home having meals cooked for you. Hope she's making nice light stuff for you(sounds like she is, Congrats on the loss!!)

Rabbit: You are so creative. I'm totally impressed.

We went to babies r us tonight. I wanted to get an idea about beds and stuff (prices, YIKES) so that I could get some ideas for our room previously known as guest . I couldn't believe how expensive the cribs are. But, looking at it that they convert to toddler beds and then to double beds I guess $500 or $700 isn't that bad. We will have to put our current double bed in the attic until the kids ready for it. I don't think a crib and it will fit in this small room. I want to do the furniture moving before I get a belly. I'm not buying anything, I just wanted to see what's out there since I never paid attention!!

OK, gotta go watch our Smallville tape (Tom Welling is *so* darn cute!!) Have a great evening.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:59 AM   #28  
Hollywood Homebody

hey everyone,

just wanted to let you know about this book i read called "jemima j". it's sort of bridget jones-ish but i really liked it (didn't care much for bridge). it's about an overweight londonite who is in lust with a man at her office and then starts to turn her life around by eating right and exercising. i could really relate to a lot of it because i've often been down on myself because of my weight even though i knew deep down i have a lot to offer as a person

so if any of y'all have time for a quick, fun read, give it a try!
Old 09-26-2002, 04:27 AM   #29  

Hi everyone,

I was away for two days, called in sick, that's why no posts.
My best friend from school has arrived. he now lives in France but needed to go on business here, so he added a few days of vacation!!!needless to say, I'm very happy he's here!
We had a ball going around Athens as he's never been here before. On tuesday we went for dinner on the seaside. Beautiful weather and temp. I had seafood canneloni (only 3), and at one point I bite something hard, so I have a look at it and say:"hey a Pearl! how cool! Turns out to be my gold tooth that finally gave in and got unstuck. From way cool to "oops! how embarrassing". Lucky for me it wasn't with a new date or smt...
i then called my dad to ask if the tooth was still on warranty (he fixed it 10 years ago), or I could send it back... this is a good opportunity anyway to go home to the Netherlands to get it fixed.
Yesterday we did the tour of Athens and got really raving drunk and sentimental, talking about the times he came home to us, about my mom (whom he loved very dearly), his kids that he is not allowed to see anymore by his ex (long story but Definitely not his fault) etcetc.
I guess I haven't been good at all with food, but at least I went to the gym on schedule. Thank god I don't have scales to weigh myself!
Old 09-26-2002, 04:45 AM   #30  

this is such a productive thread! It took me all of 1 hour of furtive glances here at the office to read all your news, to check the crib (really beautiful!), and to update myself on y'all!

Isn't black a rather gloomy colour for a room? Makes everything so small and dark! Well, maybe I'm too conventional: I sloshed to colours type yellow myself all over my appartment 3 years ago: sunny and warm. My kitchen is that really heavy-duty Greek island violet-blue, combined with light yellow (when i came in it was puke seventies brown orange and faded greyish cream).
Green is a nice soothing colour, too. I was wondering about the painter: is she plain painting or "fancy", I mean like marbling the walls etc?

LA, as they say in Greece; someone put the evil eye on you (superstition), but no worries, my auntie will un-evel it in no time (she seems to be an expert on it. It just involves praying, so don't worry about it...

love to all for now (boss in office)

Greek-on-a quest for a job...
Closed Thread