Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/242/165

Height: 5'4

hi, after having a baby 4mths ago i have decided its time to do something about my weight! Plus i have also been given the bad news of becoming a type 2 diabetic ... Losing the pounds will be very benefical in so many ways
cocomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #32  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

The first time, at my highest weight (280), was the diagnosis of PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My doctor told me that all the medication in the world wouldn't help me if I didn't lose weight. He scared me. It worked. I lost 85 pounds.

I hit a plateau, got frustrated and lazy, and gained about half the weight back.

Then I begin to feel very sick. My blood sugar was out of control. I felt tired and fuzzy all the time, like I was walking around in a cloud of cotton candy. It was awful. Combine that with horrifying photos, clothes that didn't fit, and remembering how it felt to be thinner and healthier...I decided it was time to change.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:41 PM   #33  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

@Mollz, that quote in your post is the greatest:
"My granny always said when it's your time, you'll know. This is my time."

I am going to take that and live by it. It is the same idea that triggered me to finally lose weight - the "if not now, when?" concept.

And I love your avatar!
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 222/217.1/130

Height: 5'5"

I am just so tired of being sick and tired all of the time. My clothes don't fit right, I don't feel great, and looking at pictures makes me sad. I am not sure when I let things get like this, but they have and I am so ready to be done with it.
Evee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 216/208/145

Height: 5'7

I want to be able to play with my daughters. I have no energy to do anything it seems. I also have been having chest pains and trouble breathing at times also. It's not a good sign so I've decided to take more care of myself.
momto2girls08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 254/239/~110 - 120

Height: 5'0"

I finally decided this time I will do this. I am nearing 32 and thought about the years of misfires and the 20 lbs I gained over the last year. I knew when the scale said 254 that this was it. I couldn't fail again. I didn't want to be over 300 lbs and that's were I was heading. I am doing this for me.

I want to enjoy life and do so many things that I have never done. I want to enjoy shopping, I have always hated clothes shopping. I want to be that person people see and think "WOW, she is looking good." I want people to stop seeing my family and thinking/saying "Huh, your sister must be adopted." (she is about 120 lbs.) I want to, if I should ever get married, walk down the aisle or whatever and look fabulous. I want to live, REALLY live, not just exist in life. I want to be less angry at the world and life because of the choices I have made.

Sorry so long and philosophical
mizb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote