Old 05-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #1  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Default Just out of curiosity, to the wooshers...

How many of you lose in bursts and then nothing as opposed to steady weight loss? Anyone have any idea why this happens?
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #2  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sometimes I lose in wooshes, and other times I lose at a steady pace. I have no idea why my body chooses one way over the other. All I'm concerned about is that the scale keeps moving in the right direction, if it keeps doing that then me and the scale will be settling our differences sooner rather than later
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #3  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

i lose in whooshes. No one knows why (its still just a hypothesis, according to science), BUT the current thought has to do with your fat cells wanting to preserve themselves and their shape, so as you lose fat outta the fat cell, it fills up with water to maintain its shape and size. Then at some point it just decided to finally give up the battle and let the weight go
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #4  
Because I Can

mk, thank you so much! I was looking for some type of reason. Does the amount of water you drink effect it? I love your personal bests and your quotes.

Hopeful, thank you for response too. The wooshes concern me. Well, the stalls before the wooshes concern me. I'm not sure that I eat enough. Congratulations on your weight loss! Going from over 200 to in the 160's is great!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/stuck in the 130's/120

Height: 5'1"

I never lose steadily and I hate it. It is very normal for me to go a month without losing then drop 5 or 6 lbs in a week. It drives me crazy because it's hard not to second guess myself, and my plan, when I'm not losing.
AmandaPlus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #6  

I seem to lose at a snails pace, I am still waiting on a whoosh!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

I am a whoosher! Recently over the last two weeks I've lost 8lbs, umm that will not be happening this week. My body stops every so often to adjust to all that it's been through, but I find that as long as I keep at it, maybe change up my food and exercise abit I'll start loosing again. Water doesn't seem to make a difference for me, I drink 80oz whoosh or no whoosh.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/ticker/141

Height: 5'2"

I just had a woosh. I hovered around 160-162 for the last 4 weeks or so, and since last tue or wed I've lost 6 lbs. I'm down to 155 now! It has to be a woosh cause no way am I going to keep losing at this rate (it would be awesome) but I doubt it!!

And of course I have no idea why. I did cut out soda completely and upped my water to about a million ounces a day. I'm just thirsty all the time
sarahtmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #9  
Because I Can

Amanda, *hugs* I TOTALLY understand.

Squeak, your determination is inspiring. I snivel because I get stuck but I have the woosh. You just keep trudging along. *hugs* you too.

Jenn, 8#s!!! That's like a MEGA-woosh! I'm more than a little jealous.

Sarah, 6#s is a killer woosh too!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:06 AM   #10  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Squeak, I lose slowly also. 10 pounds in 10 weeks..... and last week was a big one - 2 pounds!

It's taking forever, but I'm working on that lifestyle change.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:06 PM   #11  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I wooshed at first...now it's slow...maybe 1 pound a week. It's frustrating at times...but I figure, "hey, it's going in the right direction...I'm not slowing gaining weight..."
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 246/206/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Glad the Question was asked

According to the scale my body is stalled at around 206, some days it even goes down to 201.

But I pay attention to the way I feel and how my clothes are fitting. I literally feel my body and I notice the difference in how much more muscle I have vs the fat that used to be there. And my shape is changing.

I know with me working so hard to build muscle the scale will move very slowly or not at all.

It is very frustrating because I so want to be out of the 200's. But this is a life changing journey, why not enjoy the ride.
KiKi in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote