Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 05:46 PM   #31  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. Much better today. I was a little nauseous this morning but that was it. I think Peanut just really doesn't like yogurt.
I went to Curves!! Twice in one week, I'm doing well!

Ooops, sorry gotta go. We have to go to the hospital to see FIL.
See ya
Old 09-18-2002, 05:58 PM   #32  
Hollywood Homebody

hi ladies! i hope you are all doing well today. i am so ready for this weekend to come. i was supposed to go to a friend of mine's son's 3rd birthday party but instead i will be cleaning my old apartment. fun fun! then i will have to stop by the bad house to pick up my mail. i think i might pick up my tiny 13" sony tv so i can watch tv in my bedroom. it feels almost illegal or something. tv in my childhood bedroom??

lauren - the security deposit was actually less than 1 month's rent which is rare. if they don't give it back i'll probably not bother fighting them on it. i'm just happy to be out of the lease. good luck with the MW thing. it sounds stressful!

elisa - thanks for your good thoughts. i did live in LA until about a week ago when i moved into the House from ****. i'm not sure where i'll be off to next but we'll see!

tech - bummer about the job situation. good luck on finding something more pleasant!

rabbit - thanks for the pilates info. i am still thinking about the winsor tapes.

karen - you're so inspirational! there is a curves out here really close to my parents house. maybe one more reason to think about moving back here (to the town, not the house!) permanently.

take care and be good!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:46 PM   #33  

Hi all. Back again. FIL is doing much better. OK, back to posting:

Lauren: If you really don't want to work out right now talk to your Curves people. Mine said that when I can't work out anymore they will put my membership on Hold so that I'm not wasting money. Sorry about the MW thing. Hope you guys can work it out. Sounds like DH was really not comfortable with the whole situation so, of course, he's going to go with the negative opinion. You're the one having to do all the hard work so I would have to say do what you feel most comfortable with.

RR: Sorry about the gestational diabetes. Are they just monitoring or are they going to give you meds?

LA: Glad things might be working out with the house. That is such a bummer. Especially when you were so excited about moving. Curves could be the straw that makes you move back close to your parents!! I like it and I think Lauren did too. I get awfully tired and I have to just make myself turn left instead of right when I get to that point on the homeward journey. I have been known to do the machines with my eyes closed!! I wonder what the other ladies think (especially since I'm not working out as hard) but then who cares what they think!!

Rabbit: Hope you had fun at the birthday party.

Alright, gonna go take a nap and then go to bed!! Have a great evening all.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:20 AM   #34  

Hi guys

I was preparing this post yesterday which then got deleted while sending it! Bugger! So now I’m writing them elsewhere and putting them OL from there, hope this works better.

As all of you, I’m very glad LA you got out of there, now on to something better!

Lauren, hang in there! Just let it pass for a few days. I know also all about the YOUDUNNIT syndrom, ignoring it mostly makes it go away after a while. Good the knee is back on track, too! At least you can kick DH when he’s being like this

Tech-bad about the work thing, if you can and think you should do it because of pressure and low-paychecks, just quit if things stay the way they now are. It’s not worth risking you health, no matter how much fun the job may be! Have fun on holiday, let us know what it was like.

Liz, very cool about the race! Attagirl!

Have not been feeling very well. Had a splitting headache (probably for lack of sleep combined with airco-headcold), so I called everything off including gym and went to bed. At 22.00 a friend showed up (I was feeling better, thank god) and we had a nice time watching soccer (really, German team versus Greeks, Greeks won 6-2, you could hear the screaming of people watching the game through the whole neighbourhood). Then went to sleep, so today I feel marginally better.
With ex?BF things have cooled down a bit, we still have to have the BIG TALK we’re supposed to, and I am also looking for a new apartment (alone for now), we’ll see.
I am now also hanging on to the Lysistrata System, so I’m having a hard time, kinda. I’ll explain this: Lysistrata is the name of the heroine of one of the most famous/popular/funny Ancient Greek (2 ½ thousand years old) plays. It’s still being played everywhere. Why? Well, because of the naughty jokes and sex of course (people don’t change, ever!). Detail: women were not allowed to watch the comedies back then, only the tragedies! Story: So there’s this war going on between the city states of basically Athens and Sparta, and envoys have come over to Athens to discuss terms. The women on every side revolt, they are sick of war and death and famine etc, so Lysistrata, our heroine, comes up with a plan to keep the men from staging war (you’ll love this): NONE of the women on either side will sleep with their men until they give in. This opens the way for some of the most hilariously funny scenes in history (picture it), and in the end the men give in (figures), and war is averted…I am testing this in real life, figuring that it has been a successformula for over 100.000 years, so hang on for the (steamy?) sequel.
My sis has lost another 1 ½ pound at weigh-in so I am very proud. No idea how I’m doing. Felt great, but have difficulty getting into certain (ok, they were tight already) pants I’m wearing today. Eating has been kinda ok, it’s just that bloody wine!!!!!
WILL go to training AND gym this evening!!!! I promise. Have fun today, y’all!

Vassiliki
Old 09-19-2002, 12:29 PM   #35  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Elisa-

Tech- Have a great vaca!!

Rabbit-

Karen- Don't know if I mentioned this already, but you may want to stay away from OJ in the AM too, if you have it. It was too acidy for me for a couple months. I'm OK with it now though. Glad FIL is doing better! You know, I feel like telling DH, hey, it's my body, I'm gonna do what I want...but why instigate an arguement, you know? Sounds like your Curves people are much more understanding than mine.

LA- Hope you find a new, better place soon! I loved Curves, heck, I was ready to reach my goal and open my own center!! I've been trying to get a hold of them during my lunch hour today to see what time they open. If I can do it, I'm gonna try and go in the AM, because I just have nooo energy after work. (Karen's got us all motivated!!)

GG- Good luck finding an apartment...if exbf won't move out, I guess you'll have to! Hope you're feeling better soon!! Take it a little easier.

to everyone else!! Have a great day!!
Old 09-19-2002, 02:05 PM   #36  

So there I am at the store last night standing in front of a smorgasborg of cake and brownie mixes. I glanced over them on my first trip down the aisle but I find myself back there after I've done the rest of my shopping. I'm thinking "I have been really great this week" -- eating on plan and busting it hard at the gym everyday but all I can think about is Duncan Hines Double Fudge Brownies. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention AF will be arriving in a few days. I glance at the top shelf and see a couple of boxes of some fat free mixes but I'm not even the least bit interested in those. No way will they be as good as the real thing. So I pick up the box and start eyeing the info. It says something like 8 grams of fat per serving -- I can't remember exactly how much but it was less than 10. I'm thinking "that's not too bad" but then I go to that horrible line of truth and it says "20 servings per box." Who the heck has ever gotten 20 servings in a pan of brownies?????? I prefer 9!!!! Maybe 12 (but then I usually eat 2).

So...sad and disappointed I carefully put the box back on the shelf and push my cart away. I'm very proud of myself for not getting any but I'm also kind of mad that I came so close to blowing it.

Anyway...just wanted to share my moment of strength with you.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:14 PM   #37  

very good lizzard - I say as I wipe the crumbs of a choc chip cookie from my hands.
We were doing science stuff in the kitchen this morning and one thing called for baking soda. As we finish Alex piped up "and now we make cookies" (he knows what baking sodas true purpose in life is for ). Thank goodness my friend dropped off her 3 kids for the afternoon - there should be no more cookies by 4 p.m.

To top it off I haven't been walking this week - who has a cattle prod they can chase me down the street with????

- jul
Old 09-19-2002, 03:32 PM   #38  

hello all!

Things are going well here, I've been busy, busy.

Karen - I don't blame Peanut, I don't like yogurt either! ~ The birthday party is next weekend. She is turning 40 & her dh is throwing a big bash. My other sister & I, one brother, and my ds are performing a song - You are old now (to the tune of Forever Young) and dressing up as her at different stages of her life. Should be fun!

Greek - hope you are feeling better.

Liz - hooray for the strength with the brownies! Fudgy ones with chocolate chips are my favorites (something my best friend used to make for me when I was pregnant).

Jul - You have taught that boy right!

have a good day.

Rabbit
Old 09-19-2002, 04:37 PM   #39  
LBH

Liz- YOU ROCK!!!

Jul- I say above as I look at the two chocolate chip cookies on my desk!!

Rabbit- Party sounds like fun!

I have been trying to call Curves since lunch time, and still can't get them to answer. I refuse to leave them a message just to find out their hours!!
Old 09-19-2002, 05:48 PM   #40  

Hi all. Once again I am in the perpetual **** known as school. I will be so glad when this is over. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I weren't so tired and my brain hadn't decided to turn off as far as programming is concerned. Sigh. Hey girls, when does your brain allow you to think of other things? It seems that the baby is ALL I think about, 24 hours a day. I even dreamed that it came out talking the other day. I was a Target this afternoon and I was looking at the baby stuff. (NOPE, not buying NOTHING!!, not for a while yet) I found a nice cradle sorta thing that Iwant to get for my room and for naps in the living room. Don't know when it will use the crib that I'm sure it will have!!

Liz: You are totally awesome!! I caved and had a donut today and Peanut talked to me about it all afternoon. At least when I screw up I have a little concscience down there making me regret it!

Rabbit: The party sounds great. Maybe you could take a video and post it for us to see!! I dislike yogurt too so maybe the baby is going to take after me.

Lauren: Try the curves website. Maybe the hours are posted there. Leaving a message is pretty much useless because they don't get back to you for hours. Least, mine didn't. Hope things work out for you with them. Especially since you are the one that got me started.

Teach is here now so I gotta go. Have a great evening all.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:57 PM   #41  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!!

Well, I saw the dietician today...She was very nice..She feels like the blood sugar problems are because I am too restrictive in eating carbs..I had written down my last few days of intake and she said it was way too low...That if there are no carbs to burn, the body starts to predict starvation and knows the baby will need sugar soo there fore it pulls it from the liver and muscle stores making the sugar in the blood go way up...WOW...never knew all that...Soo, the only real change in diet is no milk or fruit in the AM and more carbos!!!!!I am gonna be healthier when this baby comes....

Well, gotta run cook some carbs!!!!
Vicki
Old 09-20-2002, 07:20 AM   #42  

Hello there!

Huh, have I got news! BUT first:

Liz, GOGOGO! Very good!

Jul, if you need a prod, just come over here, I’ll have you walking (mountains, shopping, museums, etc) so much that you wish you hadn’t said that!

Karen, it’s only a few weeks more of school, then you can focus on other things (peanut seems to be doing fine there, I guess). Don’t blame you, hate programming myself!

RR, she gave you very good advice, go for it!

I read this very inspiring website (it’s somewhere in the Other Dieters Section), about this guy who lost about 200 pounds (from 370 to 190) and became an absolute HUNK! Too bad he’s married and living in the States…But he gave me push so I feel better about myself.
Anyway, today I came to work happy as ever after a good night’s sleep, but it seems this is just NOT my season; the Cy I work for is not doing very well so I heard (secretly) that it might close down in the near future (2 months). AaaaaaaaaaaH! Good thing: have been sending out CV’s all day and have got an invitation to talk to a Headhunting Cy on Tuesday mo. So wish me luck (sigh).
This weekend I’m going to a wedding of a very nice couple: they have a weekend house somewhere (have to figure it out) and are giving a two-day party, yay! That should keep my mind off things. She is Greek-Canadian, into Art, landscape art and feng-shui and things, he’s a ship broker. They Must have all these great male friends for me to meet (??? ). Anyway, invitation said, bring your bathing suit, informal wear and evening wear, so maybe I got the wrong invitation to a miss-miss contest? In any case, I might meet some nice polite fish…

With fingers crossed, have a nice weekend all

Zorba strikes again
Old 09-20-2002, 07:37 AM   #43  
LBH

Hi All,

TGIF!!! (I think?!)

GG- What do you do for a living? I ask because you said CV, not resume, so I'm wondering if you're in the medical field? Sounds like an interesting party.

RR- Have some mashies!! Why can't you have milk or fruit in the AM? Will it shoot up your levels to early? That's interesting.

Karen- No, get used to it, you will find a way to relate everything you so or do to the baby!! I did finally get a hold of Curves at like 4:30 yesterday. They are open 8:30-12:30 and 3-7:30. I'm supposed to start work at 8:30, even though I don't usually get there til 9:00, so I really can't do that. I could go at lunch, but I don't usually take a long lunch like that. I usually just eat at my desk, unless I have plans to eat out with someone. Guess I'll have to find another way to do it.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-20-2002, 08:50 AM   #44  

Hey Lizzzard, TGIF back!

I'm in IT (for how long?), but I have a degree in Art (Art history and Archaeology). Here in Yurrup we mostly say CV in stead of resume (at least in the Netherlands).

Zorba again, slightly less depressed
Old 09-20-2002, 04:50 PM   #45  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Lauren--GD people tend to be elevated after the morning meal soo that is why fruit/juice or milk is eliminated...My sugars are great today..maybe she was right about the carbs..We are just gonna monitor 4 times/daily and then move on if things are elevated and go to insulin..I am strictly following the diet to prevent all that..My fasting must be 60-90 and 2 hrs after meals 60-120..So far, only 2 out of range but good today after getting the diet low down...

Greek-Stay away from Zorba!!!Doesnt sound like a nice one!!

Karen-hope the queasiness is better today!!!

Have a great evening all!!!!
RR
Closed Thread