Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 04:32 PM   #16  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all!! I drug myself to Curves and am I glad I did! I feel so much better now. I was dragging before. I took it very easy though down around 70% or so. I have to get a note from the doctor so they will be covered. I forgot the big corset bra and WHEW!! is it rough on PG boobies!! I had to march definitely NOT jog in place and I was still hurting!!

GG: Keep the posts coming! I love to read them. They are so much more exciting than my boring routine!! I'm an occupational therapist and I like to hear about you taking care of your Gran. Here we have to pull the families in kicking and screaming to help with their loved ones.

Lauren: Take care of that knee girl!! Knee replacements are some of the most painful things I see. You need a nice strong knee for pacing up and down the hall with Petey when he is cranky!!

Rabbit: Wow, you are one busy lady. Hope you have fun with all the store openings. Congrats on the pound. Every little bit helps.

Gotta go decide what to do for dinner. Have a nice evening all!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:44 PM   #17  

Hi all, back from our St Louis show - it was very good and I got to meet a woman from the Frugal Moms site. This was a show where we knew alot of the other artists so we ended up out late every night with dinner/drinks (didn't start dinner till 10p.m. every night since the show closed at 9 p.m.). All those late night dinners are not good - I'll have to see the damage on the scale in the morning - can already feel it around the middle!!!

We'll be home this next weekend so maybe I can get a bit serious before taking off for the Chicago area.

I need to get the kids to bed and then do some bookkeeping and get the bank deposits ready. Tomorrow I'll get the dog from the kennel and go to Springfield for some shopping.

- jul
Old 09-17-2002, 03:40 AM   #18  

Just a short one today:

Waterbottleman:
- points: tall and lanky, too long hair (stringy-too long goatee, not on purpose), blue-one-size-fits-none overalls, buckteeth
+ points: short visit

Went to the gym, did my weights, + tonight I'm going to hockeytraining (+ 1 have two games this week due to bad organization of the federation) so that's exercize taken care of this week anyway. Was good with food.
Made a very nice evening soup with dried black mushrooms, rice vermicelli, broth and a bit of olive oil and red hot peppers (Yummy!). As I have a stainless steel lined stomach this also made my breakfast, after all: the chinese eat rice for breakfast all the time, don't they?!

About sweating:
Sweating IS good for you. It helps you get rid of body waste in a different way, and keeps your body cool. People who sweat too much though (see below) tend to lose more water and minerals than is good for them though (also heavy on the kidneys), so they have to drink lots during and after exercizing, and maybe take extra minerals.
I have been burdened with genes that make me sweat very fast and very much to keep me cool (when I am exercizing), which i think is a real PITA and I have to drink up to 1 1/2 litres (4 pounds) of water during an hour of aerobics. Sweat keeps pouring off me like somebody opened the tap (!!), and I get saltwater stains in my clothes after exercize. This is really annoying, but also very good (hah) because:
1. I can eat as much salt in my food as I like without having to think about bloating (IF I exercize, that is), and high bp.
2. I can get away with exessive long and frequent showering (which I love, in case ANYBODY was wandering, thank you), keeping the bathroom occupied for HOURS (hehe) and buying and trying out lots of nice shower gels on the pretext "that I use it a lot anyway".
3. I can get away from sauna visits, they make me feel very uncomfortable
4. It's good for my metabolism (they say)
Apart from the above, it's pretty annoying, and I'm just trying to justify myself (of course).

Have a nice day everyone! Going for a shower!

Vassiliki

P.S. And NO, I do not smell (only of flowers)!!! (in case anybody was wondering...)
Old 09-17-2002, 05:04 AM   #19  
Working on Weight loss!!!

GOod Morning!!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #20  

hello.

Got my painter booked for next week. But need some plastering work done first. The painting should take around 2 weeks, it'll be great to have it done.

Lauren - hope the knee is better today!

Karen - glad you're still doing your curves - you are really into it now. ~ I will probably not be as busy as it sounds, I may only do 1 of the 3 openings. They are all real close together and even overlapping.

Jul - nice that you had such a fun show in St. Louis! Are you doing a show in Chicago?

Greek - I know sweating can be good for you but I sure don't want to wear heavy clothes to work out!

RR - you are certainly the early bird!

have a super day.

Rabbit
Old 09-17-2002, 10:23 AM   #21  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

My knee is better this AM, like nothing happened to it. ...go figure? One of my former co-workers that I was talking to yesterday reminded me that it may have been nothing, but because I'm PG, and all my joints are loosening, etc., maybe that's why it hurt more. I guess so, because it's perfectly fine today. I'm sure that's what it was, in conjunction to my being a hypocondriac because of my history with that knee!!

GG- You're too funny!! My grandmother used to boast that she didn't sweat, not realizing how unhealthy it really was for her. My DH sweats a lot and it grosses me out, but he knows I won't even touch him until he showers when he gets like that!! I sweat a normal amount I guess...when I subject myself to that situation!! (Which should really be more often!!)

Karen- You are starting to motivate me to go back to Curves!! My bbs are that tender yet, only when I de-bra at night, and I don't really full out jog there, just bounce around a bit. I wish I could go in the AM, and just come in late!! Maybe I will talk to my boss about it. If I could get my butt up and get there at 8:00, which I think is when they open, possibly earlier, I wouldn't have to be late at all really. It's about 15 minutes from work, so I could probably be here by 9:30, and just stay a little later, take a shorter lunch. Hmm...got my thinkin'...

Gotta get to processing all the p/w that came in while I was gone yesterday...that should last 'til noon. Have a great day all!!
Old 09-17-2002, 02:14 PM   #22  

Happy Tuesday,
I've been having a productive day. I had an audit this morning and she only found one screw up that I did. I hate that!!! I got it fixed right away and it wasn't anything major. I also took care of an issue that I've been procrastinating on for a long time -- like 5 years!!! It was kind of like confessing something bad I've been doing but it wasn't my idea. Anyway...I had already talked to my 1st and 2nd level bosses about it but I needed to discuss it with the department that handled the situation. I finally broke down and did it and what a relief!!!!!!!!!! I'm not in any kind of trouble but I still wasn't looking forward to confronting the problem. I'm still sweating about it.

Tonite I have to go home and wash my Jeep and I really don't want to. It got attacked by lovebugs on my way home from St. Pete (it is near Tampa ) and their remains eat the paint off your cars. One of the joys of living in the South!!! Thankfully I cooked extra dinner last night so I just have to reheat leftovers.

My gym has some flyers for an October 5K Race so I decided to sign up for it. I've been waiting to see if DH or anyone else wanted to join me but no one is committing so I'm just going to do it. I've been bad lately about waiting for DH to decide about things I want to do cuz I want him to do them with me. But I've decided that I'm gonna stop that and make some plans and hope he will join me. That's how I was when we were dating and we did a lot more things and I felt more adventurous. Lately I've kind of lost that!!! It's hard for him cuz he has a crazy work schedule but I shouldn't let that stop me. I guess that's my new goal!!

Oh well, just wanted to check in. Have a great day!!
Liz
Old 09-17-2002, 07:23 PM   #23  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. How's everyone. Hope all are well. I'm in class so this will be short and sweet. Peanut does NOT like yogurt. In fact, it does not like my stomach to be empty. I had just yogurt for breakfast and I was miserable all morning. I pretty much wished I could throw up. Everytime my stomach got empty, the nausea hit. Were you other guys this way? Is this how m/s starts?

Ooops, gotta go. Have a great evening.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:26 PM   #24  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Karen--Welcome to the world of Morning Sickness!!!Hope is eases soon!!I found lemon candies in my pockets helped when the queasiness started...

OK--Serious COnfession here....I have been really embarrased to admit this but I am better now since it has sunken in..I have Gestestional Diabetes..I failed the test by 3 lousy points and have to do finger sticks for glucose fasting in the morning and then 2 hrs after meals for a total of 4 times daily...I have cried, blamed myself, freaked out and really griped cuz I have eaten right, excercised, only gained 10lbs and thought I was "Ms Healthy, I can do everything correctly"...Boy was I wrong...I now realize that it was nothing I did or did not do..I saw a dietician ..SHe put me on 2200 calories.. I asked her if that was for 2 days She wasnt amused one bit!!!!I am attempting the diet but cant get past about 1400 calories...I was excited to find out that 1 York Peppermint Pattie can be my Carbohydrate serving!!!!! Ok..I am now able to admit it!!!
Thanks for listening!!!!
RR
Old 09-17-2002, 09:33 PM   #25  
LBH

Karen- Lemonheads are wonderful...thanks RR...and also Lipton has a Citrus-Ginger tea that helps too, if you like hot tea. Guess you could brew it and make it iced tea too. Definitely eat more often. I had to have something in my stomach practically constantly. Eat something bland (crackers, cheerios, etc.) in bed before you get up. Eat something basically every hour. Oodles of noodles in the AM worked for me...you know, the freeze dried stuff that you add hot water. As long as I could tolerate the milk, cereal was always good...sometimes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!

RR- Glad you are dealing with the GD. I am really dreading being tested...more for the needle than the result.

Liz- Good for you on the 5K!
Old 09-18-2002, 02:03 AM   #26  
Hollywood Homebody

well short update.. i did my due diligence and read through the california civil code finding all sorts of violations. the landlords are responsible for about 5 things on my list of things that are wrong or broken. so finally got up the nerve to call them (i tried calling saturday and was basically laughed at by the husband) and this time the wife answered. she seemed somewhat sincere until i was on my 5th grievance and finally she became a little beligerent. she said perhaps this wasn't the house for me and if i was that unhappy she'd break my lease for me. YAY!!!

so i told them i'd be out by the end of the month. i sent them an intent to vacate certified return receipt. i enclosed 2 letters both signed by me and requested they sign a copy and send it back in the SASE i also included. i sure hope they sign it and don't try to say the conversation never happened.

so things are just very up in the air right now. i'm staying with my parents who thankfully live relatively close by until i find another place. hopefully before the 30th or i'll have to put my furniture and stuff in storage until i do. but i'm so glad this weight is lifted off my shoulders. that house really was horrid. and she said they'd had renters there for 25 years and nobody ever complained as much as i did. i guess those other tenants didn't care about the windows being painted shut (no ventilation whatsoever), the carpets smelling like pee (even though she insisted they were cleaned), an inoperable heater (which was red-tagged and deemed hazardous by the gas company) and a bunch of other stuff i won't go into. i'm just glad it's over!

i'm actually thinking of moving nearby my parents. i grew up here and when i went to college i swore i'd never come back but i dunno, i forgot how good it feels to be home. so who knows. they say everything happens for a reason, right?

the good news is i'm down 3.5 pounds. yay! i saw an infomercial on something called winsor pilates. i've been wanting to try pilates but going to a pilates studio in LA is not something i'm quite prepared to do. too many beautiful people for me to feel comfortable. but a home video set might be just what i need to get started. has anybody here ever done pilates?

well i'm off to sleep now in my old bedroom. thanks you guys for all your support. i should get back to posting more regularly now!
Old 09-18-2002, 07:34 AM   #27  
LBH

Hi All,

LA- YEAH!! I'm soo glad you're out of there!! I'm glad they're letting you out of your lease, but I hope they don't give you a problem getting your security back. I don't know what you have to pay out there, but I know in this area, it's 1.5 months rent, almost all the time. Home's not such a bad place to be...DH and I actually considered moving into my mom's (a mother/daughter) for awhile to save money, but we couldn't do that now with a baby coming.

DH is in a foul mood this AM. It started last night when the landlady came peering in through our sliders. She was looking for me, to show me what they were fixing up upstairs for the new guy that's moving in. (I had been on the phone with her during the day chatting). It freaked him out and that set him off. He's such a PMSing-type a$$ sometimes. And it's always MY fault. ARGH...

And to make things worse, his mom called him and said she talked to the school nurse where she teaches, and the nurse also works in Maternity at our hospital. The nurse doesn't think much of the MW, and said that it wouldn't be safe w/o a Dr. there!!! What the F... is that about?!?!? As my mom pointed out, any nurse that's worked in L&D for any amount of time can deliver a baby!! He didn't get too much into it, this was his last email to me at work yesterday, but I know this will cause a set back. How can he take his mom's word over my mom's, my mom, who has spent most of her nursing career working in a hospital, in the ICU/CCU, and knows A LOT of people in the medical field. His mom, who adopted 4 kids, and knows nothing about the medical field...and is taking a school nurse's opinion. What exactly does this nurse do at the hospital, because if she's working F/T at the school, she certainly doesn't work F/T at the hospital. Maybe weekends or something? She probably doesn't even know the MW!!

Sorry, I'm venting again...

Have a great day all, I'm gonna go shower and try to get in a good mood!!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:36 AM   #28  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone!

LA - I'm so glad that you're getting out of that place. I have a friend (although I don't even know if you live in LA) who has a beautiful townhouse she rents out and I think she just rented it or I would have passed along the information. Don't know anything about what the cost is but I know she'd be a better landlord!! Good Luck! And I've done some pilates - it's pretty cool you feel so great after but I've never done it often enough to really see a difference. I've been thinking about trying the Winsor Pilates tapes so I'll let you know if I get them or if you do let me know what you think.

I've also been thinking about buying some of The Firm tapes - I've heard good things - anyone try those??

Lauren - don't worry about the venting and the husband bashing - we all understand. Sometimes my husband is just the same way and all I can do is wait for it to end. It sucks here that it's over something so important and I really hope that it works out the best for all of you.

Hi to everyone else - gotta do some work!

Elisa
Old 09-18-2002, 09:44 AM   #29  
Donna

Good Morning All-

Just wanted to post really quick before we leave. I'm kind of bummed I may need to start looking for a new job . Where I've been closed for 8 months for renovations so they moved us and found "busy" work for us somewhere else. It started yesterday and if that was any indication of how it's going to go I won't make it until June. We'll see..... I really need to check into going back to school or something to get back on track, the tiny pay check no matter how fun the job is gets old pretty quick.

Anyway, nothing new on the Weight plan front, sounds like a lot are getting active, maybe I should do that...

RR - Sorry about the GD. Glad you're dealing with it. Hang in there she'll be out soon .

Karen - Glad you could get back to Curves, and that it made you feel better. Sorry about the m/s.

GG - You're posts always are entertaining. Good luck at your hockey games.

Rabbit - Congrats on getting the painter booked. I can't imagine hiring out the painting, of course maybe it'd get done quicker :

LBH - Glad the knee's feeling better. Don't worry about venting, I think we all do it at one time or another.

Liz - Glad you're weekend worked out, and you could compromise. Good luck at the 5K .

LA - Hope the housing situation works out for the best for you.

Jul - Have fun in Chicago.

Well, I need to go get ready to head out. K's been packing up the animals for the kennels. Now we need to pack up ourselves.

I can't remember who asked, but we're going to Ontario until Sunday (our anniversary). We're staying at a B&B and going winery touring first and then going to Stratford to see a play. I should be a fun relaxing time. Then it's time to knuckle down!!!!

Have a great week all!!!

- Tech
Old 09-18-2002, 05:29 PM   #30  

hello all.

Working on a birthday party for my sister - should be lots of fun!

Liz - Cool about the race. I think you've got the right attitude about going out & doing things! Hopefully he'll join you.

Karen - hope you're feeling better this afternoon!

RR - take care of yourself.

LA - HOORAY on the lease! Yeah for the loss! I've done a Pilates tape before - it was cool.

Tech - sorry about the job situation. ~ We have some really high ceilings and it would be tough to paint!

gotta run - Rabbit
Closed Thread