Old 05-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #31  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola Dark View Post
Jenn - I'm a big Criminal Minds and Dr Reid fan too!! I follow that actor on Twitter even! LOL
Dr Reid is sexy.

ParkedOut: WOOHOO! Congrats on doing all 9 intervals! I loved the C25K and have been running regularly ever since. You might find that you enjoy running enough to keep it up and get a good pair of running shoes. Great job!

LauraLyn: Try upping your red meat intake in the days leading up to giving blood and eat tons of broccoli (iron absorption enhancer).
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Mollz - I have to ask whats wrong with your grandchilds ticker? My daughter was born with a heart problem too! It sucks and is very stressful to get through!

Jenn - LOVE Dr. Reid! He's my DS favorite!

Good news for me, it was the salt...I weighed in this morning and was down to 146.4!! Yay made it to 10 lbs lost! Even better, I got measured and was down 10 ins. overall! No wonder I am fitting into my clothes better! We are getting a store in town that deals in designer handbags...Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel etc...I think I may have to reward myself with one if I lose 20 lbs! At this rate I will have one for the end of summer!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

TTFN!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #33  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMommy View Post
Mollz - I have to ask whats wrong with your grandchilds ticker? My daughter was born with a heart problem too! It sucks and is very stressful to get through!
LOL. Not my grandchild! It's my grandpa's heart and it's just old age. He's had several bypasses, mini-strokes, etc. He's had a pacemaker put in within the last couple of months and it doesn't seem to be going so well for him.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Hey Guys,

I have been checking in quickly here and there. Not much to report.....I am holding my own, but not really losing. I need to step up my exercise, I have only been working out 3 days a week. Work has been crazy, lots of sick patients to handle, lately a run in endocarditis (infection of a heart valve). I've been doing more research on it.

This is a bad weekend food-wise, we have my family over for company all weekend, lots of yummy treats, I already feel bloated from T.O.M., but I'm going to just chug my water and eat normal helpings, even of treat foods. I am going to start training for a half marathon, I ran one several years ago but had to walk part of it. Maybe that will jump start my weight loss, I've seriously lost only about 5 pounds total in the last few months, but have lost and gained the same 5.....I feel like I'm chasing my tail!

Have a happy Mother's Day all you moms.....

Also, Mollz, sorry to hear about your Grandpa.....cardiac issues are so disabling......my mother in law has been in and out of atrial fib for the last two years, she really feels awful when she's in it.....

R
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollz View Post
Dr Reid is sexy.
Oh yeeeaaahh! Come to Mama!

We've got ourselves a Dr. Reid Fan club here! I just love his longer darker hair this season!!!

Last edited by Violin Jenn; 05-09-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #36  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

MCMommy TEN POUNDS???? WTG! Thats amazing!

Mollz Thanks! I am saving up for a pair of Asics that are supposed to be amazing! Hopefully by the time I save the money up, I will know for sure if I am a 'serious runner' or not.

Morning All!

I did the W1D2 C25K this morning. I am using this podcast that alerts me when to run and when to walk. Its pretty darn cool. I spent all day yesterday in AGONY from muscle soreness. Didn't stretch after my first day, and boy did I pay for that!

Today an odd thing happened in my running(I use that word loosely as I am jogging VERY slow). I was breathing almost normally about 30 seconds into the 90 second recovery walks.... where as on day one, it took nearly ALL of the recovery to get my breath back... and also I got a weird second wind when the girl announced that its the last run. I WANTED to keep going!

I like it alot.

I am hoping this is enough to shake up my workouts so I can start losing again.
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

BTW...Dr. Reid fans. Have you seen the pix of him on the Facebook fan page? <----nuff said!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #38  
Post-It Junkie

S/C/G: Starting: 195 / Current 195

Height: 5'2

I gained one pound this weekend but it was worth it, LOL.
Back to spinning and dieting this week!

This week is going to be terrible!
I have stressful work week coming up - and I have finals this week too.
Booooo!!!
Just keep me away from the ice cream and no one will get hurt!
Lola Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #39  
Counting away!

S/C/G: 217/211/122

Height: 5'3

Just popping in to share that I am at a NEW all time low:

I'm SO close!
parkedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkedout View Post
Just popping in to share that I am at a NEW all time low:

I'm SO close!
Yay!
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!

Still down with sinus issues, trying to recover and yet it's lingering. Not doing much as far as food, just staying in my normal range. Been trying to avoid the junk, which is what I always want when I am sick.

I've missed working out and hope to get back on track for tomorrow's class at the community center. It's been over a week now since I've been

We decided to keep my daughter's horse, we aren't going to place her with the vet. Plus we are still going to get the new horses. My herd is growing!!

New pics of the horses coming soon.

Not much else to report. Everyone have a fabulous day.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #42  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Mother's day was nice - I celebrated by having our youngest son dedicated at church. DH wanted to have Chinese for lunch (cannot tolerate the sodium!) so I had him get me a burrito from my favorite place instead. I'm real happy to report that I had 1/2 of that burrito and gave the rest to our 8yo daughter. Yay! We took the whole gang swimming, then stopped at the grocery to get a rotisserie chicken and some salad for supper.

Also, got my hair done to celebrate being half way to my goal.

<----------------Picutre

Hope you all are doing well this day. Not much changes for me - I read your posts, but rarely have time to interject. Get the feeling that I don't have much to say right now anyhow.

Andrea

PS - PARKEDOUT, YAY!!!!!! You are so close, keep up the great work!

Last edited by mortonpixie; 05-10-2010 at 01:18 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 157/141.6/120

Height: 5' 3

Oops sorry Mollz...that's what happens when you try and catch up on all the posts at once and read too fast! Hope your grandpa is doing better!

Squeak...can't wait to see pix of the horses! :smile:

WTG Parked! Very exciting news!

I had a slow but stressful weekend. My DH went "home" for a funeral and every time he goes he gets it in his head that the whole family should up and move there. My DS thinks its a great idea and my DD hates the idea...so I dealt with the two of them all weekend stressing about going or not going...while he was out of town. I told him not to stir up stuff unless he is home to deal with it! However during all that, and the fact that it was Mothers day I managed to stay mostly OP...down another pound this morning!

Rough week ahead though. Going for a colonoscopy on Wednesday which means only clear fluids for tuesday and nothing on Wednesday. My poor body is going into starvation mode I'm sure! Oh well I'll be back on track on Thursday!

As long as the pounds keep coming off I can keep being motivated!
MCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #44  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Hey everyone!

Back in the good ole USA! Trip was good, except for the long, long hours (12 hours/day not including the bus rides and the walk to/from meals and bus stop). The upside was that I was walking several miles a day just to get around because I had no rental car. However, I didn't get a hard workout everyday like I had planned because the need for sleep finally won out. After a week of less than 5 hours per night, I finally called uncle and skipped my run a few times to just collapse. My eating stayed mostly OP...I had a couple of bad meals.

I managed to lose about 3 pounds in 2 weeks...putting me back down to 181...where I was before I creeped back up just before the trip.

We got seriously delayed getting out of Europe because of the dang volcano...we were "in line" to take off for almost 2 hours with the pilot sounding less and less sure that we were actually going to get to go and not just get cancelled. After hearing about all the flights that did get cancelled, I'm just really glad to be home!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #45  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome home AFChick! Glad you got a flight that wasn't cancelled, that would have sucked majorly to be cancelled when you really just *wanted* despartely to come home.

MP- Love the hair cut, very cute. I am too much of a chicken to go that short.

Mc- colonscopy... yuck. Sorry you have to go thru that. Hope everything turns out well for you.

parked- You can do it! .5 lbs and your in Onderland.

Nothing new to report here. It's cold and icky out and I've been about to freeze to death in my office for the past two days. Today I am snuggly up in my brother's hoodie that he left in my car. It doesn't match but I am warm and I don't care about fashion. lol

Last edited by squeak351; 05-11-2010 at 10:29 AM.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote