Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 12:21 AM   #46  
Hollywood Homebody

Unhappy down and out in LA

oh my gosh you guys, i'm so depressed. the house is an absolute disaster. the landlords went from a sweet little old couple to slumlords overnight. everything is breaking, the house is filthy (they claim it was cleaned "top to bottom") and they won't fix anything because there is an "as-is" clause in my lease. i can't walk around barefoot because of the sticky floors and dirty carpets. there is dust everywhere. the blinds don't work. half the windows wont open. the half that do open have holes in the screens so bugs fly in. i'm so upset with myself for getting into this situation. i've never had such a horrible experience and i've rented close to 10 different places in the last 10 years (unfortunately i move a lot).

someone mentioned not eating out of stress... it's the total opposite for me. i haven't eaten hardly anything in 3 days. i have no appetite because i'm too depressed over these deplorable living conditions. does anybody have any suggestions? a friend of mine mentioned checking with city hall and reading up on tenant's rights. i just don't know what to do. my lease is for a year and i have no idea if there are any legal ways to get out of it. i'm at my wit's end and i've only been here 3 days!!!

anyway sorry for the book! i'm just right now. i have no idea what to do.
Closed Thread