Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #1  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

Angry Why? Why won't it come off?!

I'm getting really frustrated. I've been eating right, exercising-doing everything I can think of since 12.28.09 and I've lost 7lbs. SEVEN.
I've upped my calories, lowered them, added more cardio, rested a few days, drank my weight in water, drank gallons of green tea, eaten only organic, only "clean", .....nothing is working. I'm getting increasingly frustrated. I order food (we go out to eat once a week as a family treat) like Sally from "When Harry Met Sally"...no oil, nothing fried, no butter, no cream, blah blah blah.
I don't think I'll binge eat, but in the back of my mind for the past few days, there's been a voice saying "it doesn't matter. it's never going to happen, just accept it and eat what you want."
I haven't given in to that yet-but I am SO FRUSTRATED.

I really needed to vent. Thank you.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/183/155

Height: 5'7"

I jump started my weight loss - also at 225 pounds - with a personal trainer. I just needed someone else to kick my butt since I couldn't do it myself. I only did 10 sessions then started working out myself. If you have that option - it might be an idea, they might be able to give you more concrete ideas of what to do to take the weight off. My trainer was anti-pills, but included a 1 week detox that was pure veggies, beans, fruit chicken, and fish. I literally lost 10 pounds in 1 weeks on detox...

I know, it sucks when you work so hard and th scale won't freakin move!

Good Luck!
lights76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Shake it off woman and get focused. Stopping now will only makes things worse! So you've only lost 7 lbs, what if you had GAINED 7 lbs. 7 lbs is 7 lbs and it's better to have lost that than to go backwards on this journery. Keep moving forward!

What plan are you doing?

What exercise have you been doing?

Sometimes you need to change things up a little. I always lose very slowly so I trully feel your pain. I added in the bodysculpting class and have bumped up my .2 & .4 weight loss per week to 1 lb a week.

So breathe and HANG ON!

We are all here for ya.

squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #4  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

When you change things up, you need to go SLOW. Like try a new calorie limit for a MONTH. It's only been about 12 weeks since 12/28 (my birthday ) so you need to take it easy, girl

And, 7lbs in 12 weeks IS progress. Some folks just loose slow. Also, I don't mean to call you out or anything, but from the last 12 weeks on our Biggest Loser Challenge, you tend to go up one week, down the next, up and down, up and down...maybe it's all the "changing up" you've been doing.

I've only lost 12lbs this last 12 weeks and have been on a plateau (I mean it, haven't BUDGED) for 2 weeks. In this, the 3rd week, I decided to take a week off from exercise as I have been really exercising quite hard (running 3 days a week for an hour and weight lifting 2 days a week for an hour). Maybe the 'ol bod needs a reset.

Anyhow - relax, hang in there and make your choices one meal or snack at a time. Either forward or backwards.

Last edited by mortonpixie; 03-24-2010 at 11:55 AM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #5  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

This sucks. It really does. Been there, done that. That's why this time around I've given myself a safety net so I can not fail. I will do this ONE year. You know all those 6 week, 8 week, 12 week challenges out there? I challenged myself to ONE YEAR. No matter what that scale says, I'm in it for a year. I can't wait to see the difference over a year's time.

Somehow that makes it so much easier for me. There's not a plateau in the world that can bring me down. Just show me the calendar.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 157/150.8/130

Height: 5'3"

Just keep going. Like Squeak 351 said what if you had gained that 7 pounds! I know it's frustrating but try some other programs out there. Do you want to try the 5 factor diet with me? Maybe we can do it together and we can hold each other accountable? Or maybe take a look at the other diets out there in the different sections and see which one works best for you. Maybe someone else can be a buddy for you in another section. There has to be something that will work - don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortonpixie View Post
In this, the 3rd week, I decided to take a week off from exercise as I have been really exercising quite hard (running 3 days a week for an hour and weight lifting 2 days a week for an hour). Maybe the 'ol bod needs a reset.
My trainer said something earlier this week that kinda popped into my head when I read this. He said if you continue to do the same exercises your body develops that much and then stops. It kinda thinks 'okay I've developed to the level that you have pushed me to and now there's no point in trying to push myself anymore.' He said that when your body hits a plateau or hopefully before...... you should change your exercise and continue to change it. This way the body works harder. If you can maybe see a trainer and have him change it for you for a while to get your body thrown off balance. Or maybe look online and design a new program.
5factorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

I actually know just how you feel, as I have been having the same problem. I have lost 5 pounds since starting, even though I am truly eating super clean. I gave up candy and pop for Lent, thinking that would just have the pounds fall off, but I must be filling in the void with extra natural peanut butter or something, because it is not happening.

Sometimes I get super down on myself just like this, and we all need to vent, for sure. I just did yesterday to my little group of Rock Stars. However, as an NP, I tend to think scientifically and medically right away. If the scale isn't budging, there is a reason for it. Are you overestimating your calorie burn? Underestimating your intake? Sneaking in bites of this or that (off of your kids' plates, as you clear the table, etc.) I read in a magazine once that when a woman put the equivalent of each bite she snuck in a bag, she ended up sneaking almost 1000 extra calories! Are you writing down everything you eat?

What about diet pop--the sodium, while not a lot in each can, can cause water retention. The medical literature shows that people who drink diet soda crave and eat more sweets, as a way to make up for not having some "real" sugar (from fruit, etc.) in their diet. There is nothing good about diet pop, really. And believe me, I love it! I am craving a Fresca or Diet Coke just writing about it here.

Anyway, my point (to you and to myself really) is that there has to be a reason why things aren't moving along. Also, depending on your age, your metabolism may be slowing some. Are you weight training? Because that will help you gain the muscle mass that your body loses every decade after your 20s.

Good luck--hang in there!!! We slow-losing girls can do it--it just takes a bit longer. Someone above mentioned that they were going to use a year as a measuring stick--a great idea. In one year, you can look noticably different, and feel better and be healthier. So try not to get hung up in what you haven't done, and see what you have! You're on this site motivating yourself and others, and you're working on your health. Examine your habits more thoroughly, and maybe the weight loss will start to pick up.

Warmly,
R

Last edited by RunningToSmile; 03-28-2010 at 11:01 PM.
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote