Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #16  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Happy March everyone!! I do agree with AF, Mollz, and others that continuing the Biggest Loser challenge would be great. If anyone wants to keep stats this time - I'm okay with giving up control.

Dandimae - You are in the right place for tons of support!!
AFChick - wow, girl! Congratulations on people noticing your efforts. Seems like it takes SO long but others think you loose it overnight.
BeachBreeze - I read that if your cold is neck up, keep exercising - anything in the chest you should take a 3 day break. I started coughing yesterday but still *feel* okay - think I will walk tonight and increase the incline.
Josie - sounds like you had one heck of an exciting day. Keep making fitness a part of your regular routine. You can DO IT!

Busy as ever here. We are finally closing on our house next Tuesday after a YEAR of jumping through hoops with the VA. We rent a "fixer uper" from my brother and sil. They are selling it "as-is" but we had to pony up a bunch of $$ and elbow grease to get approved. SO glad this is almost over.

I've started adding in some yoga during naptime this week. I can do it in the living room and not disturb the nappers (and still hear if one wakes). My school agers were sitting around doing their independent reading yesterday and "helping" me get my form right.

Anybody else use a food scale? I bought this one off Amazon.com and have found it very helpful! I noticed right away that I had really been shorting myself on deli meat for my sandwich. I can never tell what an ounce of meat looks like!

Hope March is starting out awesome for all of you. The sun is shining here - and we MIGHT just get rid of some snow today. Yay!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/191/155

Height: 5'8"

WOW...is it just me or did February flash by...? Personally I am glad it is over-LOL! This week starts week 4 of my exercise and eating plan. So far I've lost 4.5 pounds, but still need to lose 3 to get back to my ticker status of 176. I don't know how I let myself slip, but I'm glad I caught it. It made me realize how quickly I could be back over 200 if I kept going. I am doing a detox this week, so hopefully it will give me a boost...even tho TOM is just around the corner :-( Thanks for the encouragement....you ladies rock!!!
staffingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #18  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

I'm ready for a fresh start!

I noticed yesterday that after ONE bottle of soda (yes, just ONE) I became very lethargic and almost fell asleep at my computer. That was my cue and I proudly state the following...

"I hereby pledge to do away with all sodas and other heavily sugared drinks because they make me tired and cranky!"

I'll still buy my ginger ale for my stomach but only when I need it and never beforehand. (My stomach upsets quite easily these days but I'm not quite sure why.) If anyone can tell me where I can find carbonated water that's flavored and not all that expensive, I will be forever in your debt... That stuff is low enough in sugar that it doesn't make me feel tired or irritable. (It also has fewer calories! )
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Josiegrl - keep your chin up - here's to getting the motivation back for March! Sounds like an accomplishment that you were able to work in any exercise yesterday all things considered.
AFChick - what a cool victory, it's so nice when people notice, makes it all worthwhile. Hope the flu shot doesn't knock you out too badly.
BeachBreeze - I took the first two days of March off from exercise. Sunday was from the Irish flu (too much beer at the show Saturday night!), and yesterday because I was all congested and fluey. I feel much better today and can't wait to hit up the gym!
ThinkinThin - Way to go, and congrats on the new job! It's a great you'll be able to start on the right foot.
Mollz - I hope your sinuses clear up, it's no fun trying to work out when you can't really breathe.
Dandimae - Welcome!
MortonPixie - Good luck with the closing, hope everything goes smooth!
StaffingChick - You can do it! Catching yourself is so critical, sounds like you're back on the path. I've never done a detox before, does it really help? I'm always scared to try it because I'm afraid as soon as it ends I'll gain it all back and then some.
MisfitRycher - Great pledge! Wish I could help on the flavored water, I drink a lotta Pellegrino, but even I'll admit, it's a little lacking in the flavor department.

Well, I've been been really bad for the last few days. Saturday night we went to see a band, which lead to lots of drinks and a really late night, which lead to a really lethargic Sunday. After a sleepless night and feeling pretty worn out yesterday, I decided to take the day off and try to get my act together. Then, my dear husband came home with a pizza and and order of breadsticks. Ladies, I was really bad... I ate half of both. So this morning I get on my scale for the bad news and it tells me I'm at 156.

WHY, OH WHY, DO YOU LIE TO ME SCALE??? Sorry, I needed to rant. I've ordered a new scale from Amazon, until it arrives, I have to try not believe all the pleasant falsehoods my scale likes to tell me. I'm living in dread of the moment of stepping on the new scale, I really, really hope I'm not back in the 160s.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Happy Tuesday!
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #20  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

It's okay to have an "off" weekend here and there, Silverstar... Pizza's pretty healthy and it'd be a perfect food if people used their heads and moderated their intake. I should know... I used to be able to eat an entire medium pizza to myself. Now? I'm lucky if I can eat half of one. My DS eats as much as I do, sometimes more!
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #21  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

Ya, I used to be able to eat half a large pizza! Now I feel sick if I eat more than 1 piece...I like the shrinking stomach !

Thanks for the well-wishing everyone...I'm feeling a bit better now...still tired, but I should be able to at least walk tonight...fingers crossed....
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #22  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

Hey, ya'll. Remember me? So I went to Vegas this weekend. They had a Subway (sandwiches not transportation) in the hotel. Nice, huh? I also stocked up on foods from the store before I went. I did pretty good. I am back down to my ticker weight. Unless walking the strip counts as exercise, I didn't get any in all weekend. Last week I only worked out 3 days. That is the least amount of exercise I have gotten since 2009. I agree with StaffingChick. Hasta la vista to February! It sucked weight-loss wise. I need to make up 3#s by the end of March to be back on track for my goal. So, so long to Feb. March it's on! I am hoping for 10#s this month. I've missed posting with ya'll.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225/185/120

Height: 5'3

Good luck to everyone.

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar063/slider-cheer/lb/225/120/200/.png[/image][/link]
HomeHealthRN29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #24  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Did you have a good trip, Mel? The last time I was out in Vegas, I walked and walked and walked. I think that counts! Don't worry about those 3#! We are moving forward and making the right choices. We're getting there!

Good luck AFChick on your walk tonight. I am looking forward to next week. We are supposed to have a day with a high of 50. I can walk outside then!! I'm the same way with pizza - it doesn't have the same magic over me that it did. My stomach is smaller too.

StaffingChick - It is scary how those pounds can creep! But, you've got the best attitude. Getting back on track is soo much more imporant than what happened when you were off. You can do this!

Misfit - I know what you mean about the sugar. Even though I can "afford" it sometimes in my calorie log, I avoid it as much as possible. It sets me off for a while. My rule is that if I do want some, I have it near the end of the day. I know that's the opposite of the general thinking, but for me, it's less time for the sugar swings after it to affect me. I sometimes have a chocolate pudding cup (120 calories) in the evening to squash my sugar cravings.

Pixie - So glad to hear about your house! YAY!

I am feeling a bit better today. I noticed this am that it was TOM. No wonder I was so moody and depressed over the weekend. It was a hard anniversary for me anyway (My mother's birthday was 2/27 and 10 years ago was her last one), but I don't normally get that bad. I didn't eat through it. I stayed on course that way 110%! Put it together with the cold and I didn't exercise either. I have a bad habit of isolating when I am upset and am behind on some of my tasks for cheerleading. The cold was a convenient excuse. I have made a lot of progress this past year on that, but obviously there is still a little work to do. Oh well, back to it. Positive Focus!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:01 AM   #25  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

I won't say how much I feel that I screwed up today, but suffice it to say, this week isn't going well- so far. Tomorrow is another day. I had a low blood-sugar attack last night/this morning, so I felt like I was eating all day trying to get it back up to normal.

I feel like dropping an F- about my dinner choice tonight, but I won't. I can't let something like takeaways screw me up for the week. Back on plan tomorrow. I'm almost out of the 80s and want to get to the 70s by the end of the month. C'mon guys... I need some motivation!!

Last edited by Mollz; 03-03-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #26  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Mollz: Today is a new day! You can do this! 70's are just around the corner...no stopping now!
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:44 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 167/148.2/144

Mollz keep your chin up girl! Think about the payoff when the scale moves into the seventies, it'll be worth it and you are sooooo close!

squeak are you out there? I'm trying your taco soup recipe tonight, something to look forward to after the gym!

I'm happy for all of our 30 something biggest losers, those are some impressive stats! Anyone watch the show last night? I was so proud of the black team!

My wonky scale is still telling me I'm at 155. At least it is telling the same lie consistently lately, for a while it was making something new up every morning. I can't wait until the new scale comes Friday, but I'm very nervous about what it is going to say!

Happy Wednesday ladies!

Last edited by Silverstar33; 03-03-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Silverstar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

*sigh* I don't know what's wrong with me ladies. For the last week and half, I seem to have lost my workout mojo and have giving in to carb and chocolate cravings. Yes TOM is back, but it can't all be related to that. Even now, just blah! Tonight's workout I'm planning on doing 30DS level 2 and Jillian's Cardio Kickboxing dvd from about 5yrs ago. Hopefully seeing her mercilessly pick on hot male dancers will help me get it back.

But anyway, what do you guys when you feel this way? How do you get your mojo back?
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6"

AFchick- I hate flu shots! Yuck.. working in the medical field it is recommended I get one. Normally I dodge the bullet because they can't force me to, well.. this year my GYN insisted I get a H1N1, Yuck.. they make me feel bad too.

dandimae- to 3FC!

MP- on your house. What a PITA that must be. Glad everything is coming together for ya.

Misfit - I have found carbonated flavored water at walmart and also at my local grocery store. It comes in cherry, black cherry, raspberry, strawberry, etc. etc. It's really cheap for the size of the bottle less than a dollar. It isn't in the same aisle as the regular bottled water though so you may have to look around for it or ask someone where it is.

Mel - back! We missed you!!! Hope you had a great time. I'd defintely count all that walking as activity. Builds up those calves and is good for the heart.

Silverstar- *waving wildly* I am here just been lurking the past day or so. Believe it or not but sometimes I have nothing to say... I know.. shocking but true. I really hope you like the taco soup. My family loves it. I am trying something similar tonight called Black bean soup and baking bell pepper muffins to go along with it. Very low cal. If it's good I will post it so ya can try it too.

Mollz - You can do it girl! 70's here she comes...

Today is my beautiful baby girls birthday. She turns 12 today. Nothing special planned. We have already given her, her gift and then Friday she has friends coming over. Saturday I am taking her and her friends to see Alice in Wonderland and then to the resturant of her choice.

Not weight related at all but I am excited about my new blackberry. Super cool. I even have weight watchers on there so I can add my food in, no more paper tracking!

Ya'll have a good day and keep moving forwards!!!

squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #30  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Squeak - work that phone application, girl. I have a Droid with an app that links up with the website, tracking on the go AND it has a barcode scanner so that I have NO excuse.

Jen - I feel blase lately as well. You are in PA, right? Here in NE it's been a Looong winter. I think we are all deprived of fresh air and Vit D. I burned myself UP on a Debbie Siebers tape on Monday because my form got sloppy cuz I just didn't care. Spring is coming...

This morning I saw 187 on the scale - I'm SO excited!! I'm beginning to bring up clothes from the basement that I boxed away in the fall of 2008. I have some skirts that I hope, hope, hope, to be in in another 2 months.

Keep up the good fight, girls! We are all doing so well - you can't quit now!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote