Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM   #106  
Because I Can

Height: 5'6"

So I have been having issues with picking at food. I try not to because I count calories and how do you measure a handful of cereal or a bite of a pastry strudel? I have been secretly (because I don't want to confess my nibbling) wondering if it is affecting my fluctuating weight. Last night I lost all control. We had a jambalaya-type stuff with brats and white rice. How to calculate that? Plus I was too tired to make my own food. Anyway, I had a bowl. It was good. So I had another bowl. Then since I had blown it already, I figured I would make it a cheat day. So, DH went to the store and bought double stuffed Oreos and because I was already full, I literally ate them until I threw up. Disgusting.

Meowy, great job on the bike!! I’m very sorry that your friend’s treatment isn’t working.

We don’t do Valentine’s Day. I figure that Mother’s Day, our anniversary and my birthday are enough pressure for poor DH.

BeachB, great job with the chocolate! You’re inspiring.

Rachwms, Hoo-Ray for planning ahead! That was a great idea to have DH get you out for healthy food. Did people at your office look at you like you were growing a third arm? “You’re not eating the free wings?!?” I read once that people will make a big deal out of your healthy food choices to justify their bad ones.

Well, ladies. Stay away from the candy, cupcakes and all other evils this weekend. Remember weigh-in is on Monday!

-Mel.
MelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:24 PM   #107  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Aw Mel.

I have so been there. I am an "all or nothing" kinda gal too. If I already blew it, then who cares? I JUST about did it today. Made cupcakes for a friend's birthday, she didn't pick them up this morning, so I let the kids have one each, then I had one. I nearly went on a binge - that sugar was just about to much for me. By the time she came to pick up her child and the cupcakes, they were still there. Phew.

Pick up the pieces and start again. BTW - I track my calories at www.fatsecret.com and have found that almost every thing I eat is in that database and really easy to look up.

HTH

Last edited by mortonpixie; 02-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #108  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelO View Post
Mollz, what does your DH do for a living? He does sound like a great guy. Did you get your endorphin fix yet?
DH is a shift manager at the local papermill. He works 2 nights on, one day off, 2 days on, 3 days off. The days off are always fluctuating, which is really nice. We don't have to wait until the weekend to go somewhere or do something.

I'm seriously ready for this week to be over. I feel as though I've pigged out the whole week, even though the number on the scale has gone down, I've gained overall. 1/4 of a pound isn't much in the grand scheme of things, considering that I went out to eat a lot this week, but it's disheartening. I need to get back on track tomorrow!! I've barely tracked my calories at My Fitness Pal this week at all. Tomorrow is Sunday, so I can get back on track for the coming week.

I just need a kick in the pants to get started. Who's going to do the honours? MP? MelO? Someone? ANYONE?!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:29 AM   #109  
Because I Can

I don't know, Mollz, your little icon is kind of threatening. lol You might knock us out.

I tell you what...all day today and last night I was so pissed at myself. Not only for the binge but for slacking on the calories lately. Today I did really good at controlling my nibbling and tracked everything. Then I did my c25k w6/d2 and it was EASY. After that I did 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio. I would MUCH rather feel like I do right now than the way I felt last night. I feel in control and ready to push past 200. I even made my 16 yo go on my c25k with me. She rollerbladed and quit after 10 minutes. I can run longer than she can skate. WOOT! SOOOoooo all that being said, would you rather feel like you do when you haven't been good or would you rather feel enpowered and ready to conquer the world? Did that work? maybe it's then endorphins talking. lol
Old 02-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #110  
Because I Can

Pixie, thanks for the hug. It made me smile. I never really thought about myself as an all or nothin. I guess I am tho. I'd rather be "all" about doin what I gotta do.

Last edited by MelO; 02-13-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Oh ladies I need to joing the club of those who've fall off the wagon! This past week, I haven't wanted to exercise, been starving so I gave in and O.D. the calories and can't seem to drink all my water. I wonder if it is just winter and being stuck indoors getting to me? But I feel like I've gained about 3lbs or so. I'm fighting off a strong feeling to indulge. Made S/F F/F pudding last night to help with that.

But..just feeling...blah, wonky and out of synch. I'll put on JM's BFBM today and tomorrow to hopefully sweat out most of it and pick up my dumb bells to weight train on my own.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #112  

Meowy- Keep it up on that bike! It does get easier the more you do it. I am sorry about your friend.

Mollz- Ahemmm....... Seriously, only a 1/4 lb and you've eaten out a lot, you should be proud of yourself!!

MP- I love going to the grocery store by myself. That is the only time I get to actually only buy what's on my list. When I take DH or DD everything goes into the buggy and I lose all control. Then the bill ends up a crazy amount and we have "nothing" to eat but junk. Thank goodness DD is getting big enough that I can send her into another aisle to hunt for things I want. I will give her a coupon and say go find it. Sometimes it isn't what she was supposed to find but I do get to shop without her for a few mintues. When she was little I would take her to my mother so I could go shopping.

rachwms- WTG on saying no to wings. It's tough turning down foods that we love but think about how you will feel when the lbs melt off.

Melo- Honey we all have those days. I don't think there isn't anyone out there that hasn't ever done this. We have weak moments and then we tell ourselves you've ruined it for the day might as well.... Then the might as well turns into an all out binge. Stay strong! I have found that when I guess at how many calories (or points in my case) is in food then my weight stalls. I bought extra measuring cups and spoons. I measure everything. I weigh all my meats and cheese. If I have something that's in a casserole type meal then I add all the calories/fat, etc.. up for each thing that went into it and divide by number of servings.

Valentines day I am taking DH to a banquet at church. It is sponsered by the youth. All the proceeds go towards helping them go on a mission trip this summer. There will be a broadway type skit, a comedian, a short film and an auction. Dinner will be pasta, breadsticks and dessert. I will be eating very light all day so I can enjoy myself. Hope it doesn't throw off my weigh in but up & down's on the scale is just life.

This afternoon I am going bowling with friends from work. I have never been! lol It is sure to be a blast. All these ladies are fun to be around. We are taking our families, except DH has to work so it will just be me and DD. I don't think he would go anyway he is just a big spoil sport sometimes. Mollz, I will trade you my DH for yours...eh? lol Not a fair trade, at least yours will get out and do something with you.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:12 AM   #113  
Because I Can

You ladies are so great. Thank you for all of the hugs and encouraging words!

I hope my good news means that the tide is turning on our difficult week! Today I weighed 201!! I couldn't believe it. We drove up to Sedona today to go for a hike. We ended up getting our truck stuck in the mud. Who knew melted snow made mud? It was fun to go for a drive though. (No hike. Too much snow.) Anyway, on the way up there my girlfriend from highschool texted and asked me if I wanted to drive her to Vegas. She lives in WI and I haven't seen her in 5 years. She's going to fly into Phoenix and we'll drive out together. So now I am going on a road trip with my buddy that I never get to see to Vegas in 2 weeks! Woot! I'm not a big Vegas person, but I am looking forward to it! I am already planning exercises I can do in the hotel room and making 80's music cds for the road. Can you say Def Lep? I have to say something too. I have a great DH. How many guys do you know who would let their wives go on a road trip with someone they hardly know to Las Vegas, to meet up with a group of people he doesn't know, and be willing to stay home with the kids one of whom is still in diapers? He even told me, "Don't worry about money, just have fun." (that's because I do the bills) He's awesome. AND all of this after I had to stop wearing my wedding ring because it was too big. Awesome! I am blessed.

Squeak, did you have a good time bowling and at the dinner? It's hard to think of you as a "Beth" after calling you "squeak" for a month.

Jenn, I wish I could send some of our weather your guy's way. Did you get up and do your workout? *hugs*

I'm starting to get a complex about my "lol"s. I'm not giggly type of person. *re-reading and deleteing lol's.* I have a complex about using the word "I" too much and talking about myself too much. Don't re-read this with that in mind though. It will seem like a lie.

Have a GREAT Valentine's Day, losers!

Last edited by MelO; 02-14-2010 at 04:15 AM. Reason: I found a "lol"
Old 02-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Happy Singles Awareness Day!

Melo-Your trip sounds like it was fun! I love working out to Def Leppard, their Vault cd is great! Those guys are great and keep me moving.

With all the snow, I did get up and workout along with snow shoveling! Though I had really bad diet week though. Had a binge last night, but it was the first one in a long time and I hate the way I feel, so hopefully that was the last. I did learn why I did it, so bonus there, it was emotional(frustration). However, today is new day with a clean start. I am back on track!

I bought these dvd's off of Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Biggest-Winner...6154288&sr=8-6 as a Singles Awareness Day gift to me. As soon as I do my taxes and get my refund, I'll invest in an inexpensive step. I've been looking at these for awhile and like the reviews. They'll give me more ways to mix and match with what I already have. The gym didn't give me enough variety, so I'm building my own with dvd's and easy store equipment. Already aquired a stability ball, exercise mat, had 3,5,10 hand weights, and bought yesterday with Xmas $$ a 15lb kettlebell! I'm NEVER going bacck to where I was! So yes, I most likely gained this week, but a small set back is a learning tool.. Forward I go!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin Jenn View Post
Happy Singles Awareness Day!
Awww... Jenn, I've never thought about it that way. I did have a giggle when I read that, and then laughed out loud because DD thought I was laughing at her. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Mel- Just call me anything you want! lol It doesn't bother me. I actually would prefer to be called Sara, which is my first name but mom insisted on calling me by my middle name, Beth. I should have switched right after school but everyone knows me by Beth now and I think it'd be really weird of I tried to change it now.

Jenn- let me know how you like those new dvd's you got! I am finding that the more I workout with Jillian the more I like her. I bought the BL Bootcamp last night (I didn't know they sold those at Walmart!) I liked it but thought it had WAY too many squats in it. My knees are little wobbly today so it maybe one that I do but not as much as the other ones. Def Leopard... Pour some sugar on me... yeah! Love DL!!!

Huge diappointment yesterday. Traffic was HORRIBLE in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville yesterday. ACK! We left early in hopes of stopping by a particular store. It took me 30 min. to get out of the parking lot. I didn't even get to stop because there was no parking. We would sit at a red light for 10 minutes even though it was green because there were so many cars. We decided to just go ahead and eat, tried a new resturant. Not too good, and our service was bad. Then our friends got to town and decided they wanted to eat too. Instead of waiting we went to a different area of town to shop, couldn't find anything. Called the bowling alley to see how busy it was and it was packed so we came home. Later that night I got a text that said they were able to go bowling much later. BLAHHHHHHHHHH Not a good day for me. Ended up taking DD to the mall at 8 pm, traffic still bad but mostly everyone was there for the movies. The mall has a great rule that kids can't be left with no supervision. You have to be 18 or older! Makes it nice to walk around the mall. It used to be horrible to go on the weekends because of people dropping kids off and not staying with them.

I just realized I wrote a novel! Sorry..

Happy Valentines day everyone and Happy SIngles Awareness day to Jenn!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #116  
I'm melting.....

S/C/G: 212/194.3/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all - sorry I haven't been around the last couple days. We went to the home & garden show that is in town on Friday for Birthentine's Day (the day we pick to officially go out for both my birthday and Valentine's Day). Went nuts & bought a bunch of peonies and naked ladies (type of flower - I'm not insane). Was weak and accepted an offer of leftover blackberry pie from MIL, even though she's mean to me and I really didn't feel obligated to take it and now she probably thinks she's won some victory in her little war she imagines she's in with me. Family dynamics are tough - especially when it's stepfamily.

Anyway, pie was delicious and we ate lunch so late, I ended up not eating dinner - so still stayed under my calorie budget.

Oh - NSV for me! I bought two bras at Lane Bryant 2 weeks ago. Started wearing one, but was worried because it seemed to be getting looser and looser, so I didn't wear the second one. I returned the second one and had to get a smaller cup and band size. And then I went to Penney's, tried on size 16 jeans, and they fit! I danced around in the fitting room for awhile, then put them back. No reason to buy jeans when of course they won't fit by next fall! I'm still wearing my baggy size 18s.

Sorry for the book - I'm off to exercise now....
kuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:08 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

I went to Wegmans (supermarket) yesterday after the gym closed. I just walk laps around and in and out of the aisles sometimes when I don't feel like walking on the treadmill and it's too cold to walk outside. The place was mobbed for a Saturday night! They had a whole team of girls in a special make-shift floral department in the front wrapping flowers for all the guys buying for their valentines. I pondered buying a little chocolate heart shaped cake, but put it back and came home with 2 pears, 1 banana, and some deli turkey instead.
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:00 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

ok, I get in here and read all this stuff and I don't feel so bad about havin a crappy week with hardly any exercise. I was feelin really bummed out cause of the whole "migraine made my week suck". Now I just got to get up outta this chair and get one of my dvd's out and do it. See you all at weigh in tomorrow....
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 273/256/190

Height: 6'2

kuchick - awesome!!!! I think I am under 10 pounds away from a size 16. I cannot wait. GOOD FOR YOU!

Melo - sooo close to under 200!

Jenn, I want to try a stability ball, do you like it? And happy you day!

AFM...I only ate two little heart chocolates, and I went to the gym two days in a row (after taking three weeks off...LAZY). I take it every one weighs in on Monday? I will probably have lost a lot since last week was my TOM and I always have 2-3 pounds of water on that.

Steak and green beans for dinner. We were planning on going out for Italian but I cannot stop eating Italian. I WILL eat EVERYTHING on my plate and I will order a lot of food.
rachwms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 225/185/120

Height: 5'3

Hi all,
I was wondering if I could join. I am new to this site and really need to lose some (lots) of weight. You are all so motivating and inspiring....I think it is just what I need. Also, where do you get the goal scale?
HomeHealthRN29 is offline   Reply With Quote